Liberal Protests

B-Man

On 4/8/2019 at 8:52 PM, KD in CA said:

I’d seriously consider trading a month off the of my life to have that released.

It has to be out there, and it is our right to see her meltdown

I really am beginning to think there's no way back. The MSM has done their job too well. The division is too large and too many people are dug in believing the lies they've been told. Any truth that doesn't fit their beliefs will be seen as violence against them. Physical violence will follow.

Hope I'm wrong, but watching people I love let politics invade every aspect of their life and seeing them call for riots because of redactions, terrifies me. They are belligerent towards me, but I love them and brush it off. Others won't. They are incredibly unprepared for the fight they believe they want.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I really am beginning to think there's no way back. The MSM has done their job too well. The division is too large and too many people are dug in believing the lies they've been told. Any truth that doesn't fit their beliefs will be seen as violence against them. Physical violence will follow.

Hope I'm wrong, but watching people I love let politics invade every aspect of their life and seeing them call for riots because of redactions, terrifies me. They are belligerent towards me, but I love them and brush it off. Others won't. They are incredibly unprepared for the fight they believe they want.

It has become a sarcastic proverb that a thing must be true if you saw it in a newspaper. That is the opinion intelligent people have of that lying vehicle in a nutshell. But the trouble is that the stupid people -- who constitute the grand overwhelming majority of this and all other nations -- do believe and are moulded and convinced by what they get out of a newspaper, and there is where the harm lies.
- "License of the Press," speech, 31 March 1873 [Mark Twain]

http://www.twainquotes.com/Newspaper.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yankees and Flyers are canning Kate Smith.

Quote from article:

===============================================================================================================================

For years, baseball's New York Yankees and hockey's Philadelphia Flyers have played singer Kate Smith's famous rendition of "God Bless America" during games.

But those long-time traditions have been halted over allegations that other songs performed by Smith -- one of America's biggest singing stars during the early 20th century -- are racist.

Smith is closely tied to the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers because she performed "God Bless America" before Flyers games in the 1970s. A year after her 1986 death, the team erected a statue in her honor outside of its arena.
Now the team won't play her version of the song during games and will cover up her statue.
"We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

Read More
"As we continue to look into this serious matter, we are removing Kate Smith's recording of 'God Bless America' from our library and covering up the statue that stands outside of our arena."
The Yankees said the team also was no longer playing Smith's iconic 1939 version of the song. It had been a fixture at games since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the team said. It got pulled three games into the season on April 1.

===============================================================================================================================

Seems she recorded 2 songs referencing "*****" (not the N word.  D word.  Rhymes with Sharkies) in 1931.

My daughter majored in history and her professor told her class they should not judge people by the past by the standards of today. 

Of course no one would condone those songs now, but to throw the baby out with the bath water on this one is CRAZY. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Quote from article:

For years, baseball's New York Yankees and hockey's Philadelphia Flyers have played singer Kate Smith's famous rendition of "God Bless America" during games.

But those long-time traditions have been halted over allegations that other songs performed by Smith -- one of America's biggest singing stars during the early 20th century -- are racist.

Smith is closely tied to the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers because she performed "God Bless America" before Flyers games in the 1970s. A year after her 1986 death, the team erected a statue in her honor outside of its arena.
Now the team won't play her version of the song during games and will cover up her statue.
"We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

Read More
"As we continue to look into this serious matter, we are removing Kate Smith's recording of 'God Bless America' from our library and covering up the statue that stands outside of our arena."
The Yankees said the team also was no longer playing Smith's iconic 1939 version of the song. It had been a fixture at games since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the team said. It got pulled three games into the season on April 1.

Seems she recorded 2 songs referencing "*****" (not the N word.  D word.  Rhymes with Sharkies) in 1931.

My daughter majored in history and her professor told her class they should not judge people by the past by the standards of today. 

Of course no one would condone those songs now, but to throw the baby out with the bath water on this one is CRAZY. 

But if they're going to toss the baby with the bathwater, I think the only appropriate action is to ban the Yankees.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Quote from article:

Read More

Of course there were different standards nearly a century ago. My grandmother often called black people "colored" or "*****". In her day those were common terms for a white person to use. I don't get offended by being called a "whitey" and anyone who goes back in history to pull out expressions of the day, to limp dick a policy of shaming an icon can ***** off in my opinion. Just another reason to hate the Flyers and Yankees.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Oh great. Now the only college professor in the world with a rational mind is going to get fired. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I wonder if the Hicks never play any Dire Straights at the ball yard?

The Stones and Elvis Costello used the N-word in songs

I think AC/DC did as well a few times but goodness knows what that was, or could be proven...  :D

On 4/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, reddogblitz said:

Quote from article:

Read More

The Yankees screwed Ronan Tynon for making a joke - in his apartment.  

IT’S SATIRE, BUT IS IT REALLY? Movement That Demands Forceful Silencing Of All Opposing Viewpoints Unsure Why Nation So Divided. 

“Representatives of the left, who recently campaigned for advertisers to tank a show they did not like and for a magazine to fire a man they did not agree with, expressed their bewilderment that the nation can’t just unite and all get along. A barrage of social media posts and opinion pieces by progressives all expressed similar confusion at the nation’s polarization.”

face.thumb.jpg.088e09ddd7bf4cd78164206cc8748871.jpg

:lol:

The Babylon Bee‏ @TheBabylonBee 8h8 hours ago

'I Disagree With Your Ideas,' Man Says In Hateful Call To Violence

NEWARK, NJ—Everyone thought local man Peter O'Brien was a civil, friendly, and tolerant guy. He seemed normal. He seemed agreeable. He never disagreed with anybody or contradicted their ideas. In short, he was a perfectly well-adjusted member of society.

That is, until yesterday, when O'Brien blasted a coworker with these shocking words: "I disagree with your ideas." 

The hateful call to violent attacks on his coworker allegedly occurred during a lunch break. O'Brien just let the words hang in the air, not apologizing, not offering any clarification to the inciteful hate speech.

• Like (+1) 1

A Red Hat Never Hurt Anybody.

Let’s say you’re sitting in Starbucks on a lovely spring day, just enjoying a cup of their burnt, overpriced coffee and minding your own business.

Suddenly, a complete stranger walks up and starts screaming at you because you’re wearing a red baseball cap with a slogan popularized by the current president of the United States. This angry woman, who you’ve never met in your life, calls you a “Nazi” and a “racist” and claims you “hate brown people.” She exhorts the rest of the coffee shop to rise up against you, and follows you out to the parking lot to yell at you some more. Then, after you escape, this complete stranger posts your picture on Facebook, vowing to find out where you live and work so she can make you “feel as unsafe as [you] made every brown person [you] met today.”

All because you were wearing a hat she didn’t like.

This actually happened in real life, earlier this week in Palo Alto.

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IT’S SATIRE, BUT IS IT REALLY? Movement That Demands Forceful Silencing Of All Opposing Viewpoints Unsure Why Nation So Divided. 

“Representatives of the left, who recently campaigned for advertisers to tank a show they did not like and for a magazine to fire a man they did not agree with, expressed their bewilderment that the nation can’t just unite and all get along. A barrage of social media posts and opinion pieces by progressives all expressed similar confusion at the nation’s polarization.”

face.thumb.jpg.088e09ddd7bf4cd78164206cc8748871.jpg

:lol:

The Babylon Bee‏ @TheBabylonBee 8h8 hours ago

'I Disagree With Your Ideas,' Man Says In Hateful Call To Violence

NEWARK, NJ—Everyone thought local man Peter O'Brien was a civil, friendly, and tolerant guy. He seemed normal. He seemed agreeable. He never disagreed with anybody or contradicted their ideas. In short, he was a perfectly well-adjusted member of society.

That is, until yesterday, when O'Brien blasted a coworker with these shocking words: "I disagree with your ideas." 

The hateful call to violent attacks on his coworker allegedly occurred during a lunch break. O'Brien just let the words hang in the air, not apologizing, not offering any clarification to the inciteful hate speech.

HAPPY EASTER !!!

Welcome back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, DC Tom said:

But if they're going to toss the baby with the bathwater, I think the only appropriate action is to ban the Yankees.  

Excellent point. The Yankees first black player (Elston Howard) joined the team in 1955.  Jackie Robinson was quoted by Howard's widow as suggesting the Yankees had to be forced into integrating.

1913-1955...that's nearly 45 years of the Yanks not reflecting the values of the Yanks.