Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Harf is a total fool! She’s the one that while working in the State Department actually told America the Taliban was upset because they needed jobs. 😂

I know.  She's only there because of her looks.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Some of these players get it.  They’re seeing through all of the virtue signaling.  I deleted a post I shared from some conversations around the league because they were confidential in nature (and I had no business sharing them, regardless of my good intentions).  But the more we engage these coaches and players the more we see that they are intelligent men that aren’t comfortable with a unity message turning into celebrating those who have been lost amidst criminal affiliations and activities.  My message to Mr Rose’s mother, as plainly as I can say it, is The accountability you are now looking to hold over the Pittsburgh Steelers, was the accountability you should’ve held over your son and his choices.  I’ve said that message many times over to parents of players I used to coach.  We have to be accountable for the choices we make, regardless of the outcome.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DFT said:

Some of these players get it.  They’re seeing through all of the virtue signaling.  I deleted a post I shared from some conversations around the league because they were confidential in nature (and I had no business sharing them, regardless of my good intentions).  But the more we engage these coaches and players the more we see that they are intelligent men that aren’t comfortable with a unity message turning into celebrating those who have been lost amidst criminal affiliations and activities.  My message to Mr Rose’s mother, as plainly as I can say it, is The accountability you are now looking to hold over the Pittsburgh Steelers, was the accountability you should’ve held over your son and his choices.  I’ve said that message many times over to parents of players I used to coach.  We have to be accountable for the choices we make, regardless of the outcome.  

..'eff pro sports and starting with the NFL, a follower since 1962....after a tough week at work, I want to watch some football with a brew, bourbon and some chow.......NOT interested in their aggrandizement and political statements.....a current culture cave in.....now I just look up box scores on Monday mornings at ESPN ......

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Football is next.  The ugliness of basketball was on full display when people came out in droves to celebrate Jonathan Isaac’s knee injury for expressing his faith in God and the importance of loving each other, rather than following his peers and virtue signaling.

Fortunately, we’re already seeing this in the NFL with the Pittsburgh fiasco.  The NFL is very much like Hollywood.  A small group is decidedly more vocal than the mass and they think this intimidation factor will carry.  Thankfully, unlike Hollywood, the large percentage of well-respected black players, coaches and personnel that are beginning to raise concerns or even oppose virtue signaling is growing and it sure is going to make it hard for the loud talkers to label them as racist.  I have a lot of faith in these players and I love the true investment in togetherness.  Putting a criminal’s name on the back of a helmet to increase the martyr factor...  Not so much.

I believe from people I’ve talked to, this is going to backfire.  

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..'eff pro sports and starting with the NFL, a follower since 1962....after a tough week at work, I want to watch some football with a brew, bourbon and some chow.......NOT interested in their aggrandizement and political statements.....a current culture cave in.....now I just look up box scores on Monday mornings at ESPN ......

You’re not alone in that thinking and it is reflecting in ratings and profit.  They can say it’s COVID, but they know.  We’ll learn a lot about the NFL’s social justice efforts when it’s cast against net profits, shared earnings and corporate sponsorships.  If you’ve ever shaken hands with Mr Goodell, you know what motivates him.  

My hope is the players can keep the important issues afloat and distinguish them away from the nonsense.  There’s tremendous good here, for players to use their platform and money to help the communities they came from, be better.  Tre White is a perfect example of grace and humility.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1