Liberal Protests

B-Man

I love the title of this “liberal protests”......    that’s exactly the reality in this country . We have a % if people who want everything and everyone to have their place in society. Let’s call them the Archie Bunkers. It’s why we have protests. 

We have others who could care less because they “aren’t affected.”  

Bottom line is there is a % of society of all colors who want what the founders said we should all have “all men are created equal” and the unalienable right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”.     Personally it is a no brainer to see that not every person in the US is treated equally and they therefore are not given the same amount of liberty. 

It is true for people who aren’t white, it is true for women, it is true for immigrants, it is true for anyone with a handicap, and it is true for poor people.   

These shouldn’t be “liberal” ideals to treat everyone fairly. These are American ideals. It’s why most of our ancestors left their countries of origin, namely because they weren’t being treated fairly if given opportunity. 

Do you realize that the act signed by LBJ with MLK signed in the 1960s actually began with protest that started around WW1?   That’s how long and slow change had been in this country. So let’s not talk like this is a new topic. 

If we really want to be the greatest country on earth maybe we should stop patting ourselves on the back for ignoring our greatest weakness..  If we actually gave women and minorities a true seat at the table our country would have much more power and influence than it does today.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I love the title of this “liberal protests”......    that’s exactly the reality in this country . We have a % if people who want everything and everyone to have their place in society. Let’s call them the Archie Bunkers. It’s why we have protests. 

Bottom line is there is a % of society of all colors who want what the founders said we should all have “all men are created equal” and the unalienable right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”.     Personally it is a no brainer to see that not every person in the US is treated equally and they therefore are not given the same amount of liberty. 

It is true for people who aren’t white, it is true for women, it is true for immigrants, it is true for anyone with a handicap, and it is true for poor people.   

These shouldn’t be “liberal” ideals to treat everyone fairly. These are American ideals. It’s why most of our ancestors left their countries of origin, namely because they weren’t being treated fairly if given opportunity. 

Do you realize that the act signed by LBJ with MLK signed in the 1960s actually began with protest that started around WW1?   That’s how long and slow change had been in this country. So let’s not talk like this is a new topic. 

If we really want to be the greatest country on earth maybe we should stop patting ourselves on the back for ignoring our greatest weakness..  If we actually gave women and minorities a true seat at the table our country would have much more power and influence than it does today.  

:lol: :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: 

I guess he never heard of Barak Hussain Obama, a black man who became president or the thousands of women and minorities that are CEOs of major companies, or the many that are in Congress and the Supreme Court

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Wow I feel like I am in 1975 with the mention of Archie bunker. Minorites are truly only oppressed in progressive areas. The blacks and minorities who go to school with my kids compete and succeed at the same level as the white kids. Your ignorance that 90% of the worst school districts in this country are fully run by liberals shows you just want to blame others for your failings. My job is to make sure my kids get a fair shake and my students achieve as much as possible, both things I am quite sure you do nothing to help with.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I guess he never heard of Barak Hussain Obama, a black man who became president or the thousands of women and minorities that are CEOs of major companies, or the many that are in Congress and the Supreme Court

Those who take a short term view of history quite often miss the point ;) :beer: 

23 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

just token gestures by the Old Boy’s club that’s REALLY pulling the strings!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Liberty = the opportunity to achieve all of those things you mentioned.  The opportunity is given. It is up to each citizen to take advantage of those opportunities which every one of us had. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

just token gestures by the Old Boy’s club that’s REALLY pulling the strings!!!

...LMAO....USED TO BE a closed,  tightly knit, hush hush membership society.......until somebody (COUGH) came along and exposed BOTH SIDES for their fraudulent dealings.....535 of America's finest......feeling good about your tax dollars well spent?..............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

Neither have I. Who is that?