Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The Senate just confirmed Trump's 200th federal judge to a lifetime appointment. None of the 200 are Black. 

Such a uniter - right @Buffalogal

Trump Notches His 200th Lifetime Federal Judge

Someone specific overlooked? Or is skin color the most important factor in this line of work? 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Someone specific overlooked? Or is skin color the most important factor in this line of work? 

I have no idea who the Bill Slime character keeps tagging (that is not my handle in what you quoted), but I have him blocked, and so have no idea what he is babbling about now. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing new to most here, but worth sharing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

However sickening the video of Floyd’s arrest, it isn’t representative of the 375 million annual contacts that police officers have with civilians. A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

468bg6.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

...an old marketing ploy was "first impression is THE lasting impression" and pointed at visual.......you can take it from there, especially political capital..........

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have no idea who the Bill Slime character keeps tagging (that is not my handle in what you quoted), but I have him blocked, and so have no idea what he is babbling about now. ?

That’s priceless.  Some poor young lady who just wants to talk about Cole Beasley, Stefon Diggs and separation in 2020 keeps getting blown up by someone she surely feels is a serial stalker. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s priceless.  Some poor young lady who just wants to talk about Cole Beasley, Stefon Diggs and separation in 2020 keeps getting blown up by someone she surely feels is a serial stalker. 

Oh @Buffalogal knows exactly why I reference her. Like typical Trumpholes; she has yet to back up her claims.

She can play dumb all she wants -  but she knows.

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thing is ...it's entirely plausible

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

What the heck is he talking about and what does this even mean and what exactly do they want? From the interview:

"I said," Newsome told the host, "if this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation."

"I don't condone nor do I condemn rioting," Newsome added. "But I'm just telling you what I observed."