Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

See this is what these dopey liberals and the democrat politicians still don't get:

THEY created Donald Trump....By their racism...focusing on races, genders, etc...

what got lost, and completely ignored, and to some degree ignored with extreme bias...

the white working class, no one is on their side. and the excuse? Well they are

privileged so they can shut up and vote democrat or else.

Yep. No self reflection on 2016. Instead just quadruple down on the same strategies that lost.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Justice said:

Can’t be a worse take on that video than this. It’s impossible. Criticize what LBJ says? Sure. Debate his remarks? That’s fine. Telling him to shut up and dribble? Not good. She can also just ignore him completely. Instead she said because LeBron ‘wasn’t elected and because he makes millions of dollars bouncing a ball’ he isn’t worthy of voicing an opinion. Hell thats fine too. But now she’s painted herself in a corner with every athlete and anyone else for that matter who isn’t ‘elected’. Treat them all the same no matter if you agree with them or not. What you don’t do is call Brees ‘a person’ (and LeBron isn’t?) who ‘has some value and is entitled to his opinions’, because she didn’t afford LeBron the same privilege. Disgusting! 

Do you feel the same about the Drew Brees critics? 

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I for one have more sympathy for the Hong Kong protesters protesting for freedom than the violent protesters that are killing and injuring people, vandalizing and looting. The violent side of our domestic protesters are very well prepared to cause mayhem. Pallets of bricks being prepositioned around numerous cities seems to indicate a fair amount of premeditation.  

BTW, for those of you who keep pointing out all of the social injustice issues that blacks here in America are suffering from it should be noted that Trump's efforts have shepherded prison reform, better unemployment numbers and higher wages. The crazy Left has not only been opposing him since before he was sworn in but fighting him tooth and nail to reverse his policies. It's almost like those people wanted to keep blacks down on the plantation and dependent upon the Left to provide them minimum subsistence. 

Hong Kong was anything but peaceful.  

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Do you feel the same about the Drew Brees critics? 

What Drew Brees said and did has absolutely nothing to do with Laura Ingraham. But since you asked I have nothing against what Drew said and I think his critics should chill the hell out. 

• Like (+1) 3

Here are Trump's full comments this morning that the media twisted. It's insane that out of everything he says, this part was deemed as outrageous and offensive. All because people trusted to honestly inform the public choose to twist this message of unity into something divisive.

Powerful, like his walk to St. John's Church,   so it couldn't be permitted to go out without a spin.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

There are literally over a million violent crimes that take place in this country every year. On average, there are 14,000-15,000 murders each year. The majority of the victims of those murders are black men. Young black men are being murdered at a disproportionate rate. In a five year span (2015-2019), over 35,000 black citizens have been murdered. Over 32,000 of those black murder victims were men, mostly young black men. The overwhelming majority of them are killed by other black citizens.

As a society, we largely look away from it all. We don't hear black leaders or politicians giving impassioned speeches. We don't see protests and riots over the injustice.

Until a black man is killed by the police.

Of those 35,000 murdered, black citizens, approx 95% of those were killed by other black citizens. 1164 (3%) were killed by LE Officers. Of the over 32,000 of those black men that were murdered, approx 95% were killed by other black men. 1118 ((3%) were killed by LE Officers. 

Each year, over 6,400 black men are murdered and approx 223 (3%) of them are killed by LE Officers.

These are fairly constant numbers, much like all violent crime. 

When we see what happened to someone like George Floyd, then society cares. They momentarily look at it as a tragic death at the hands of some men who, at best, were absolutely indifferent to his suffering and death. Then, it is no longer about George Floyd. The situation is co-opted and manipulated to fit agendas and narratives. Anger is stoked, someone must be blamed, and they must pay the consequences. The law enforcement community becomes the embodiment of every injustice they perceive - regardless of what the facts actually say.

Then we finally have black leaders and politicians giving impassioned speeches, and society showing up in the streets to protest. They transfer responsibility and blame for their outrage onto good, decent men and women who do the best they can every single day.  Others will take more drastic measures and cities will burn, businesses with be looted and destroyed, people will be assaulted, and people will be killed. All in the name of police brutality and their racial hatred and targeting of the black race.

Meanwhile, blacks will still represent the majority of victims and offenders of violent crime in this country. Over 6,000 black men will be murdered again this year and 95% of them will be murdered by other black men.

And society will look the other way....

I agree with just about everything you said. As far as the part in bold lettering how do we actually know that? Maybe it just isn’t publicized. Maybe it falls on deaf ears because the people that are hearing those speeches aren’t the ones that need to hear it. 

Just now, Justice said:

What Drew Brees said and did has absolutely nothing to do with Laura Ingraham. But since you asked I have nothing against what Drew said and I think his critics should chill the hell out. 

In this day and age, everything gets compared. Like it or not, that's the game both sides play. I personally think they both have the right to speak their beliefs. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Was Laura Ingraham wrong for responding that way? No, once again, it's her right as a American to voice her opinion. Was Tre White wrong for criticizing Brees? Not my right to say. But I will defend his ability to voice his concerns whether I agree with him or not.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hong Kong was anything but peaceful.  

My memory claims that the Hong Kong protests weren't anywhere near as violent as what we've been seeing here and that the government was the one that triggered the violence. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

In this day and age, everything gets compared. Like it or not, that's the game both sides play. I personally think they both have the right to speak their beliefs. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Was Laura Ingraham wrong for responding that way? No, once again, it's her right as a American to voice her opinion. Was Tre White wrong for criticizing Brees? Not my right to say. But I will defend his ability to voice his concerns whether I agree with him or not.

Sure. It’s her right to be a hypocrite. I don’t see why not other than the fact she will lose viewers. I, for one, won’t be tuning into her show anymore and that’s my right. I already gave up on CNN. Tucker is the only guy I can tolerate at this point. 

Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Sure. It’s her right to be a hypocrite. I don’t see why not other than the fact she will lose viewers. I, for one, won’t be tuning into her show anymore and that’s my right. I already gave up on CNN. Tucker is the only guy I can tolerate at this point. 

Just so you know, I agree with you on Ingraham. I also agree about Tucker. I think he's a pretty straight shooter. Hannity on the other hand is just a cheerleader for Trump. Can't stand him. I think we agree on a lot of things. Stay safe Justice. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I don't agree that most people on PPP don't think their fellow citizens protesting perceived injustice have a legit case. I think there is confusion about legitimacy of feelings and accuracy of perceptions. They are different. Racism is a real thing. That it exists is not debatable. The degree that it exists, the degree to which it is behind behavior in general, and the degree to which it permeates and motivates an entire profession are all debatable.

I believe a vast majority of those peacefully protesting legitimately feel what they feel. However, the accuracy of their perception that an entire profession is so pervasively racist that they have no regard whatsoever for black lives is certainly open for honest debate. 

Of course, we all know it is easier to paint an entire group with the same brush stroke... Not intellectually honest, but easier

Yup. And all that needs to be done to address this situation is the media has to report all police brutality cases equally regardless of race. That’s all. Lol. I won’t hold my breath. 

And then maybe, just maybe, blacks would sit back and say, ‘wow. We aren’t the only ones getting killed by cops’. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, B-Man said:

Don't remind them that Frederick Douglas was a Republican.................that statue may "have to go"

PS: notice that they put little blue x's on the floor,  so our 'leaders' knew where to stand...........?

Another view of our 'Leaders'

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Justice said:

I agree with just about everything you said. As far as the part in bold lettering how do we actually know that? Maybe it just isn’t publicized. Maybe it falls on deaf ears because the people that are hearing those speeches aren’t the ones that need to hear it. 

Thanks for the reply. Those figures are right out of the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports. Staggering numbers. You're right, I don't think it is widely known.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

AMID DEMONSTRATIONS, LIBERAL ELITES PRAISE VIOLENCE AS PROTEST TOOL:

There’s an astonishing story in the Boston Globe-Democrat — it’s hard to imagine it appearing anywhere else — in which Newbury Street shop owners hit by looters and vandals Sunday night still stand by the protest “heroes.” These stores were ransacked, and not for survival gear or basic foodstuffs, but sneakers, coats and luxury goods.

No matter. The events on the streets in response to the killing of George Floyd are good. Period.

If you think it’s unfair to throw peaceful protesters and violent rioters under the same bus, you make an excellent point. That’s almost as bad as treating all cops like racist murderers — throwing bricks at them, screaming in their faces, calling them “pigs,” — because one despicable dirtbag in Minnesota used his badge to perpetrate a horrific crime.

So yes, it’s possible to support protests and not support violence. Unfortunately, many members of the social justice platoons are determined to defend both. And so the headline from Slate.com is “Non-violence is an important tool for protests, but so is violence.”

Nine local police officers were injured trying to protect the lives and property of Bostonians, and Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins takes to the mic Monday to attack the cops as murderers.

In a New York Magazine piece entitled “The Rioters Aren’t Here to Convince You,” Zak Cheney-Rice defends the violence in and of itself, arguing that, like The Joker who wanted to see everything burn, “you might begrudge the rioters their insistence on seeing some of it burn for a few nights. But then again, you’d be missing their point.”

As Stacey McCain writes, it’s “The Return of the Riot Ideology.”

55 minutes ago, Justice said:

Yup. And all that needs to be done to address this situation is the media has to report all police brutality cases equally regardless of race. That’s all. Lol. I won’t hold my breath. 

And then maybe, just maybe, blacks would sit back and say, ‘wow. We aren’t the only ones getting killed by cops’. 

Interestingly enough, black men are more likely to be killed by law enforcement (based on size of population) than any other group. They also have more contact with police (based on population size).

However, if you are going to be a murder victim, you have the greatest chance of having your death be at the hands of law enforcement if you are a white male than any other group.

2015-2019:

Approx 32,000 murders of black men. 1118 (approx 3.5%) of black men were killed by law enforcement.

Approx 22,000 murders of white men. 2215 (approx 10%) of white men were killed by law enforcement.

Uniform Crime Reports 2015-2019

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2019-preliminary-semiannual-uniform-crime-report-released-012120

Washington Post Database of people killed by police since 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Not trying to minimize deaths of black men at the hands of police. Just interesting numbers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My memory claims that the Hong Kong protests weren't anywhere near as violent as what we've been seeing here and that the government was the one that triggered the violence. 

They lasted nine months.  Thousands of injuries, thousands of arrests, allegations that the police were kidnapping and murdering protesters.  You had mobs of pro-government anti-protesters who were allegedly Triads, cops in plain clothes, and paid thugs assaulting the protesters.  It was basically a pitched battle in the streets between civilians and cops at points which is why there was international outrage and condemnation from the way China handled the protest.

I would encourage you to revisit 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-protests-timeline/timeline-key-dates-in-hong-kongs-anti-government-protests-idUSKBN1XL0N3

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/28/world/asia/hong-kong-protest-photos.html