Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, Hedge said:

In the areas that have been hit, even just keeping budgets flat is effectively a cut. Law Enforcement agency property that has been destroyed by rioters (ex. cruisers) will need to be replaced. Any funds used for replacement will have to be diverted from other internal LE budgetary priorities. 

The insanity continues 

49 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Andrew Jackson is the President who made the White House more accessible to the public, right?  And Donald Trump styles himself after Andrew Jackson, right? 

Holy cow C3, this is a check-mate point. 

The President should open the doors and the DC mayor was spot on and not at all playing her supporters for chumps. 

Don't sleep on the convertible idea either. Some presidents respected JFK and you may not know it, but he loved driving around with his top down. 

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

In the areas that have been hit, even just keeping budgets flat is effectively a cut. Law Enforcement agency property that has been destroyed by rioters (ex. cruisers) will need to be replaced. Any funds used for replacement will have to be diverted from other internal LE budgetary priorities. 

Plus, per friends at the LAPD, the first thing they'll cut is training.

... And somehow less police training doesn't seem like a good solution to the actual issues which do need remedying. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

James N. Miller, a former undersecretary of defense for policy, announced his resignation from the Science Defense Board in the pages of The Post and upbraided Esper:

As a concerned citizen, and as a former senior defense official who cares deeply about the military, I urge you to consider closely both your future actions and your future words. For example, some could interpret literally your suggestion to the nation’s governors Monday that they need to “dominate the battlespace.” I cannot believe that you see the United States as a “battlespace,” or that you believe our citizens must be “dominated.” Such language sends an extremely dangerous signal.

Again?  What is this, Steinbrenner and Martin?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

Effective? Yeah I'll say it was effective....effective at pissing off a ton of Christian folks who see through this blatant attempt to pander to evangelicals with this phoney display of piety...Please.

In all fairness, most genuine Christians have never considered Trump to be a Christian. He certainly doesn't behave in a Christ-like manner, and it didn't help when he said his favorite book in the Bible was "Two Corinthians." 

Do you remember Bill Clinton solemnly walking the beaches of Normandy, suddenly finding a small pile of stones, and arranging them in the shape of the cross while cameras were rolling?

I'm surprise the rocks didn't bust into flames.

Polioptics - Polioptics Part 5: Director of Production

Presidents do this stupid schitt. They just do. No one is going to remember this in two weeks except probably Jennifer Rubin and Jim Acosta.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Do you remember Bill Clinton solemnly walking the beaches of Normandy, suddenly finding a small pile of stones, and arranging them in the shape of the cross while cameras were rolling?

Polioptics - Polioptics Part 5: Director of Production

Also the rocks had been placed there on the beach...........just for Clinton.

It's just buildings/property right ?.........no big deal.

GOP REPS SAY IT’S TIME TO DOUBLE FEDERAL JAIL TERM FOR RIOTING: Rep. Ted Budd and Rep. Dan Bishop, both North Carolina Republicans, introduced a bill today doubling the fine from five to 10 years in federal prison.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't see any laughing. ?‍♂️

Lots of "stay home" responses. Hey, that is what we were told for the covid "crisis," same should apply here.

The old I'll hold my breath until I pass out. Thing is you start breathing when you do.?

Just now, B-Man said:

Also the rocks had been placed there on the beach...........just for Clinton.

It's just buildings/property right ?.........no big deal.

GOP REPS SAY IT’S TIME TO DOUBLE FEDERAL JAIL TERM FOR RIOTING: Rep. Ted Budd and Rep. Dan Bishop, both North Carolina Republicans, introduced a bill today doubling the fine from five to 10 years in federal prison.

62Posted 

Now this is something we could all get behind. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

A better one is Barry McGuire's Eve of Destruction

lol okay fair enough..music appreciation is subjective. The youtube I posted spoke about teaching children right from wrong amongst other things. Good moral values  aren't mutually exclusive I think people need to try to hear both sides of an perspective to be fully aware and cognizant of what needs to change.

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

According to the CDC definition of tear gas, tear gas was used - but does the type of gas really matter when there is ample video evidence of the military/police clearing out protesters by force so Trump could go to the outside of a church?

the liberal in you should know that words have meaning and their usage matters. after all, words are just as harmful as physical actions, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Margarita said:

lol okay fair enough..music appreciation is subjective. The youtube I posted spoke about teaching children right from wrong amongst other things. Good moral values  aren't mutually exclusive I think people need to try to hear both sides of an perspective to be fully aware and cognizant of what needs to change.

I think his point is some of us Boomers were young once have seen or heard more than 1 riot or protest song.

6 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

According to the CDC definition of tear gas, tear gas was used - but does the type of gas really matter when there is ample video evidence of the military/police clearing out protesters by force so Trump could go to the outside of a church?

Let me make a suggestion for you. Go stand in both and report back. Bet you change your tune. I dont think you are in the know just yet that there is a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I'd be careful what you wish for if I were you. if morals and knowing right from wrong are to be taught again on a vigorous basis, the left will go away within a generation. guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The "food ghettos" are because the stores are  being ripped off  by the residents of the ghettos.  Look up FIGMOS  on the east side of Buffalo. An African American store owner  had to close after less than a year because if the massive theft from his store. 

FIGMOS- Finally I Got My Own Supermarket.

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

...MANY more to follow.....SMH..........

Neighborhood out of gas after Speedway on Lake Avenue closes following looting

Mary Chao, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 9:53 a.m. ET June 4, 2020 | Updated 12:00 p.m. ET June 4, 2020

Cars pulling into the Speedway at 440 Lake Ave. for gas are finding only shattered glass and a boarded-up store and pumps. 

For 55 years, there has been a station at the site in this  northwest city neighborhood. But after the looting on Saturday night into early Sunday morning, landlord David Pelusio said he received a call from Speedway LLC Tuesday that it plans to permanently shut down the station.

A Speedway corporate spokesperson declined to comment when called.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2020/06/04/speedway-lake-avenue-rochester-closing-after-being-looted/3133184001/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 2