Liberal Protests

B-Man

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Kneeling will never be enough for the mob.

Oy1CPr2.gif

Nailed it. Watching a white woman being told to kneel and apologize for her “white privilege”, and then actually complying, is absolutely disgusting. Tucker destroys the narrative of racist police murdering members of the black community. Sad thing is, even though it is truth he is speaking, the ones who need to hear it won’t.

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I made a post somewhere, a few months back, about this very thing. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

He did nothing wrong.but his  wallet was more important to him than his opinion.

But the fact he's consistently used his wallet more than most people in his position to help his community should count for a lot, no? 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I made a post somewhere, a few months back, about this very thing. 

But the fact he's consistently used his wallet more than most people in his position to help his community should count for a lot, no? 

does not matter..and i am not saying this derisively of Brees..but this came down to a business decision. I would prolly have made the same decision.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

does not matter..and i am not saying this derisively of Brees..but this came down to a business decision. I would prolly have made the same decision.

But shouldn't it matter? He's spent millions of his own money trying to make the lives of people in NO better. 

If you (general you, not YOU) attack your allies, especially over matters of opinion -- then soon you'll have no allies left. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That article is all over the place and some of the quotes were basically "we deserved it!" People are very, very stupid.

</snip>

Organizers said this geography was deliberate.

“We want to go to places of white affluence so that the pain and outrage that we feel can be put right in their faces,” said Melina Abdullah, one of the leaders of Black Lives Matter.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But shouldn't it matter? He's spent millions of his own money trying to make the lives of people in NO better. 

If you (general you, not YOU) attack your allies, especially over matters of opinion -- then soon you'll have no allies left. 

It should matter, but it does not. It should be people can think for themselves and form opinions and not blindly follow either party, or wherever they get their news. 

Got in a twitter beef today defending the right of Cotton and the Times to run his op-ed, got blasted as wanting to call the kill people and advocating fro violence. 99% of folks today cannot take to heart" might not like what ya say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" 

Seems to have quited down once i posted the ACLU officail position on free speech and first amendment rights.. and how the civil rights movement was crushed when speech was suppresed in the 60's...

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

Again, when you lead with something ridiculous and dangerous as your number one goal -- you diminish the weight of the entire movement. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

And yet the left doesn’t support Trump sending in the military. Can the need be more obvious ? 

Neither does the secretary of defense.  With good reason. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Wow :( Democrats are crazy. We need the police to help us all out.

Meanwhile the Trumpers who want to send in the marines are perfectly rational. 

I can't think of a time to where I feel this level of antipathy towards the left as I do right now.  They are both intellectually and morally bankrupt.

There is a complete white washing of everything that is happening and a complicit media to help them achieve this.  All the way from the health experts, to institutionalists, to the media, the politicians and the youth.   

You truly cannot have an opinion and state facts that counter the mob's view.   If you do, you'll be derided, ostracized and ratioed. 

It's not even enough to be oppose some of these views, your silence is now considered complicit. I have a pretty well-rounded group of contacts via social media and what I'm seeing now is jarring. 

It's outright Orwellian. I've been saying it over the past few days, and it's not an exaggeration.

This is a societal condition that is destructive to the identity of a free and open society.  When you silence free speech via mob rule tactics, that is a scary thing.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's very hard to take a list of goals and agendas seriously when the number one item is to defund the police. That would solve nothing, in fact, it would make all the problems they claim to be up in arms about much, much, much worse. 

Which begs the question -- what's the actual agenda? Social reform or revolution? Those are not synonymous, despite the catchy chants.  

There are two main asks. Federal Legislation that sets a minimum standard for the use of lethal force and lifting removing qualified immunity, and an the establishment of an outside review board to investigate police criminality in order to remove the inherent conflict of interest within the DA's office. 

Of course defunding the police will never happen. It's like asking for a million when WGA minimum would be a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

There are two main asks. Federal Legislation that sets a minimum standard for the use of lethal force and lifting removing qualified immunity, and an the establishment of an outside review board to investigate police criminality in order to remove the inherent conflict of interest within the DA's office. 

Of course defunding the police will never happen. It's like asking for a million when WGA minimum would be a win. 

I don't disagree -- but the fact is that "defunding the police" is the rallying call (from what I've seen on the streets of the protests in my own city, LA). Which just makes it impossible to take the rest seriously, no matter how well intentioned it is.