Liberal Protests

B-Man

Retired Admiral Michael Mullen, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under both Bush and President Barack Obama, wrote a piece for The Atlantic titled “I Cannot Remain Silent”:

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.
Whatever Trump’s goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I specifically questioned a tweet earlier that the Dallas man that was viciously assaulted had died.

Contrary to most posts, I have seen no evidence that individual was a store owner. He was apparently "protecting his neighborhood" with a short sword or gladius which remained sheathed.  Earlier videos show he was being pelted by rocks and trash before singling out of one of the crowd and chasing a guy down.  He was savagely beaten before he could do much of anything to the guy he was chasing.  

And hes still alive.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/dallas/article243153526.html

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Contrary to most posts, I have seen no evidence that individual was a store owner. He was apparently "protecting his neighborhood" with a short sword or gladius which remained sheathed.  Earlier videos show he was being pelted by rocks and trash before singling out of one of the crowd and chasing a guy down.  He was savagely beaten before he could do much of anything to the guy he was chasing.  

From what I saw, the guy was tweeting that it was silly of him to go protect his favorite bar. He didn't deserve the beating he took.  He was also definitely dumb for bringing a short sword to a rock fight.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And this can help him win the election rather easily. I already believe he will win. But if he squashes this whole thing without violence he will gain a great deal of support. 

Furthermore there is a little bit of a gamble involved in this strategy of deploying the National Guard and maybe this is the reason why President Trump has yet to do it in other states. If there’s violence he would lose support. If there isn’t he will gain a ton of support. Same is to be said about the other side. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And just as people are starting to see it, and the righteous protests are dying down -- time for a narrative switch: 

Yes, .stay away from  the Cuomo's especially Chris.

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m the one asking the question right now, not you, big boy.  I await your response. 

You're too lazy or ignorant to connect the dots of what's been happening since 2008 because it will spoil your narrative.

Obama did all the things that Trump is being slammed for, but as always received a pass .  It's not hard to see the dominoes falling from his initial stab at starting a much needed dialogue based on personal experience, with the gravitas of the Presidency behind him, to the full on ***** show that remained when he left the office.

If you want to walk down memory lane, go ahead with the grandma anecdote, and then a hard pivot to calling Boston PD irresponsible for responding to a routine call.  Then personally inserting himself into highly charged legal battles (all on one side) and then not by standing up for LE, which led to riots and multiple officers executed in the line of duty.  When the results didn't fall his way, his DoJ suddenly appeared on the scene to adjudicate the wrong verdicts handed down by local juries.  Funny how nobody cared about Presidential interference in judicial affairs back then.

You also can't look at the isolated incidents, but the culmination of how his actions derailed what was a noble BLM cause into another shouting match that made things worse by siding with life long hucksters and race baiting peddlers.  That's how all the false narratives became enshrined in the vernacular, and why half the country immediately tuned it out. 

BLM movement morphed from shining a light at what the black community faces on a daily basis, and how the ingrained prejudice influences many conscious and subconscious responses, into arguing that the only issue that needed to be discussed was black deaths at the hands of law enforcement.  By positioning BLM into this box, the movement turned off everyone who dared ask why would not all lives matter, did black lives matter if they were killed by fellow blacks, or are there solutions other than pandering to the cause.  And then nobody in his administration or DNC dared to introduce the valid counterarguments or to extend the topics beyond blue check shame blaming.

Obama had ample opportunities to begin the healing in 2008 and was in the best position that anyone in the history of this country has ever had to push a frank discussion, and like everything else in his tenure, he shrunk to the challenge.  

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

REASONS.........

Beneath the Surface 2

That cop who killed Mr. Floyd and the other cops who watched - all from the institutionally racist Minny police department -  that precipitated the protests and riots came from broken families? 

I did not know that...makes sense tho....

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

REASONS.........

Beneath the Surface 2

Not sure why this is significant or actually effective.

Could say

Speeding on highway up as a result of broken families

Murders up as a result of broken families

Drug use up as a result of broken families

Broken families up as a result of broken families

Church donations down as a result of broken families

The art work is better than the message

Just now, GG said:

You're too lazy or ignorant to connect the dots of what's been happening since 2008 because it will spoil your narrative.

Obama did all the things that Trump is being slammed for, but as always received a pass .  It's not hard to see the dominoes falling from his initial stab at starting a much needed dialogue based on personal experience, with the gravitas of the Presidency behind him, to the full on ***** show that remained when he left the office.

If you want to walk down memory lane, go ahead with the grandma anecdote, and then a hard pivot to calling Boston PD for responding to a routine call.  Then personally inserting himself into highly charged legal battles (all on one side) and then not by standing up for LE, which led to riots and multiple officers executed in the line of duty.  When the results didn't fall his way, his DoJ suddenly appeared on the scene to adjudicate the wrong verdicts handed down by local juries.  Funny how nobody cared about Presidential interference in judicial affairs back then.

You also can't look at the isolated incidents, but the culmination of how his actions derailed what was a noble BLM cause into another shouting match that made things worse by siding with life long hucksters and race baiting peddlers.  That's how all the false narratives became enshrined in the vernacular, and why half the country immediately tuned it out. 

BLM movement morphed from shining a light at what the black community faces on a daily basis, and how the ingrained prejudice influences many conscious and subconscious responses, into arguing that the only issue that needed to be discussed was black deaths at the hands of law enforcement.  By positioning BLM into this box, the movement turned off everyone who dared ask why would not all lives matter, did black lives matter if they were killed by fellow blacks, or are there solutions other than pandering to the cause.  And then nobody in his administration or DNC dared to introduce the valid counterarguments or to extend the topics beyond blue check shame blaming.

Obama had ample opportunities to begin the healing in 2008 and was in the best position that anyone in the history of this country has ever had to push a frank discussion, and like everything else in his tenure, he shrunk to the challenge.  

All of this is your typical hoaxy complaining.  If I can deign to interpret what you wrote, it seems to be that you’re upset that Obama didn’t do enough to address this issue.  So your complaint essentially distills to the point that his inaction fanned the flames of this problem.  

You also attempted to make me smile in the balance of your post.  That I appreciate.  

The complaints about a president inserting himself into “highly charged legal battles” (hello, Paul Manafort and Mike Flynn) are simply gems.  And I really enjoyed your non-specific point that “the culmination of how his actions derailed what was a noble BLM cause into another shouting match that made things worse by siding with life long hucksters and race baiting peddlers.”  I have no idea how Obama’s actions derailed that movement, and I’m left with one unfortunate but unavoidable observation: you’ve invented a talking point (namely, that Obama’s actions fanned the flames of racial divide) and are unable or unwilling to support it with non-alternative facts.  Bravo, sir, for bringing a smile to my face!

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Yes, .stay away from  thee Cuomo's especially Chris.

Fun fact.  A majority of illegal immigrants from Mexico practice better grammar than you. 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Could say

It fits his narrative:beer:

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Retired Admiral Michael Mullen, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under both Bush and President Barack Obama, wrote a piece for The Atlantic titled “I Cannot Remain Silent”:

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.
Whatever Trump’s goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

Silence is complicity.  Trumpy is a wannabe authoritarian douche.  I’m glad others are beginning to get off the sidelines and get into the game here. 

• Like (+1) 1

If we have systemic racism...can someone please tell me what 'system' they're talking about? If I'm tp assume they're referring to local Police Departments, then one would think that the 'system' would have fixed the problem years ago. Unfortunately for the narrative, this is NOT a systemic problem. There is no 'system' training or teaching ANYONE to act in a racist manner towards any particular race, creed, or religion. Oh yes, there are some bad police officers who act with a racist chip on their shoulder for sure. Other officers have chips on their shoulders for other things (my WHITE daughter was once pulled over and then brought to tears for the kind of car she was driving)  But just because those bad officers work within a 'system'....it doesn't make the 'system' racist.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GG said:

If you want to walk down memory lane, go ahead with the grandma anecdote, and then a hard pivot to calling Boston PD for responding to a routine call.  Then personally inserting himself into highly charged legal battles (all on one side) and then not by standing up for LE, which led to riots and multiple officers executed in the line of duty.  When the results didn't fall his way, his DoJ suddenly appeared on the scene to adjudicate the wrong verdicts handed down by local juries.  Funny how nobody cared about Presidential interference in judicial affairs back then.

Why do people insist on comparing Trump to Obama. That makes the assumption that Obama was something special. HE WAS NOT A GOOD LEADER. The world gave him the Nobel peace prize when he was elected. Why? He did nothing except get elected. Giving him that was close to being racism. 

Trump is questionable as a president ( I would rather have Nixon) and Obama hardly is a candidate for Rushmore.

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

Why do people insist on comparing Trump to Obama. That makes the assumption that Obama was something special. HE WAS NOT A GOOD LEADER. The world gave him the Nobel peace prize when he was elected. Why? He did nothing except get elected. Giving him that was close to being racism. 

Trump is questionable as a president ( I would rather have Nixon) and Obama hardly is a candidate for Rushmore.

Let me correct you there Niagara....giving Mr Obama the Nobel Prize was not close to...it was RACIST.  Racism works both ways. It can also be used to give people an advantage...which is exactly what the Left is claiming that Whites have been doing for years.

12 minutes ago, TH3 said:

That cop who killed Mr. Floyd and the other cops who watched - all from the institutionally racist Minny police department -  that precipitated the protests and riots came from broken families? 

I did not know that...makes sense tho....

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Could say

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

It fits his narrative:beer:

Sorry.

I am way too old to fall for the willful ignorance routine

The fact that the continuing breakup of the American family contributes to the RIOTING...............not the murder as you tried to say.

is so obvious as to preclude me from trying to explain it to such closed minds as yours.

Edited by B-Man

7 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You have to look at it from the perspective of expectations.

Obama was expected to be a trans-generational leader with huge expectations, and underperformed on nearly every facet.  Trump, OTOH had the lowest expectations from the majority of the electorate, and surprisingly has performed well.

But the narrative was, and continues to be, on the expectations, not results. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me correct you there Niagara....giving Mr Obama the Nobel Prize was not close to...it was RACIST.  Racism works both ways. It can also be used to give people an advantage...which is exactly what the Left is claiming that Whites have been doing for years.

If there was an award for the dumbest thing written on the Internet today, then you sir would have won it.  Awarding Barack “Obama the Nobel Prize . . . was RACIST.”  Now I’ve seen it all.  And people wonder why there were thousands of protestors on the Manhattan Bridge last night.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

You have to look at it from the perspective of expectations.

Obama was expected to be a trans-generational leader with huge expectations, and underperformed on nearly every facet.  Trump, OTOH had the lowest expectations from the majority of the electorate, and surprisingly has performed well.

But the narrative was, and continues to be, on the expectations, not results. 

Fake news. Your definition of “well” is confusing. I had a low bar for Trump, to be sure.  But inaction in the face of at least three simultaneous generational crises?  Even I didn’t think he would be this much of a failure. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1