Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Clearly Matt Parrino is part of the thought police.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Brees' response. People can agree with the sentiments without agreeing with the manner in which those sentiments might be  expressed.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Brees' response. People can agree with the sentiments without agreeing with the manner in which those sentiments might be  expressed.

It's not even about what he said for me.  It's his opinion, people can form their own thoughts but this reporter felt the need to castigate him for his thoughts.  In other words, what he is saying is "Submit to my views, if not, shut the hell up!"

The thought police seems to be a main component of the modern day left.

• Like (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

This guy is the chair of New York City Council health committee. 

These are the guys that are involved in the decision making process of who remains sheltered and who doesn't.

Remember that.

Let's be clear? Ok Mark.  It's clear.  Very clear.  Extremely clear.  I've not seen anything this CLEAR in a long time.  It's clear you're a ***** idiot!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Justice said:

Here’s something you won’t find in your stats. I owned a c-store in a predominantly black neighborhood for over 10 years. It was a common sight to see police harass my customers on a regular basis as they left my establishment. Too many times to count. I’ve also had customers tell me how they just got pulled over on their way to my store and were searched for no reason and not ticketed at all. 

I rented out my business and moved to the next one in a non-black, high income neighborhood that consisted mainly of Cuban Americans and white Americans. There was a police precinct no more than 150 yards away. The customers in this store drank beer in front of the business all day every day and nobody ever got harassed or pulled over. Take it for what it’s worth. 

Did you ever get robbed?

It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country. It is a strength when protesters, protected by responsible law enforcement, march for a better future. This tragedy — in a long series of similar tragedies — raises a long overdue question: How do we end systemic racism in our society? The only way to see ourselves in a true light is to listen to the voices of so many who are hurting and grieving. Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America — or how it becomes a better place.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Magox said:

This guy is the chair of New York City Council health committee. 

These are the guys that are involved in the decision making process of who remains sheltered and who doesn't.

Remember that.

File this under “Tweets that didn’t age so well”:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It remains a shocking failure that many African Americans, especially young African American men, are harassed and threatened in their own country. It is a strength when protesters, protected by responsible law enforcement, march for a better future. This tragedy — in a long series of similar tragedies — raises a long overdue question: How do we end systemic racism in our society? The only way to see ourselves in a true light is to listen to the voices of so many who are hurting and grieving. Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America — or how it becomes a better place.

Who, in your opinion, is silencing those voices the most?

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did you ever get robbed?

Yes and no. I wasn’t there the one time it happened in 10 plus years. I was on vacation. Thankfully nobody was hurt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Justice said:

Yes and no. I wasn’t there the one time it happened in 10 plus years. I was on vacation. Thankfully nobody was hurt. 

That's good.  Do you think the police presence helped deter crime?

1 hour ago, Magox said:

It's not even about what he said for me.  It's his opinion, people can form their own thoughts but this reporter felt the need to castigate him for his thoughts.  In other words, what he is saying is "Submit to my views, if not, shut the hell up!"

This exactly what these people are about, and the main reason I dropped my support for the Left.

Social media is filled with little tests and groupthink challenges to get everyone to conform, or "be exposed".

"Everyone should turn their profile black, in support of the protesters"...if you don't you are clearly a racist POS. Social media is filled with this stuff and kids are particularly pressured by these tactics.

Even the "I Voted" stickers are a mild form of this. It's nobody's business whether I voted or not. It's a shaming tool.

***** them all. 

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That's good.  Do you think the police presence helped deter crime?

One would think yes, but no. It’s not like they stuck around. I rarely seen them unless they came around to question and harass people. That’s why the guys from the area referred to them as “the jump out boys”. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Magox said:

This my issue with BLM movement. They are not interested in communicating. You can only agree with them or you're a racist. If you are a white and agree with them you still need to not speak on the subject. It is blatantly over the top insulting. 

I have done some research on BLM because I wanted to see what it was about. At least I wanted to see more than just BLM spray painted on a building or car. The truth is that it has zero substance whatsoever. The website literally has one idea or demand on it, "defund police". The other content is t-shirts.

It is a sham. It is just an angry rant for black people to tee off on white society. It is also a woke badge for white millennials on Facebook. Literally no dialogue, no substance, and no advancement for the black community.

The NAACP and ACLU are everything BLM is not. I don't always agree with them but you can see their dedication to bettering minorities through education, housing, legal funding, etc.

BLM is a bumper sticker for soccer moms and something to carve into a cop car. Pointless

Edited by Needle
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LB3 said:

That's a good smattering of videos. Almost no context other than claims that they were peaceful. I guess we should "believe all protesters" that they did nothing wrong. ?‍♂️

Draw your own conclusions. 

I haven't seen any demands for context on the dozens of other videos posted.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Draw your own conclusions. 

I haven't seen any demands for context on the dozens of other videos posted.

I specifically questioned a tweet earlier that the Dallas man that was viciously assaulted had died. Context is everything.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1