Liberal Protests

B-Man

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

First off, I'm not white.  I'm a 1st generation American of (Asian) Indian descent.  Grew up in Rochester and now live in CT.  I am a man of color and have been the target of racism, albeit infrequent and mostly in the past.

I am more than sympathetic to the plight of black people.  I just don't think that incidents that turn out not to be racism but extremely poor judgment on the part of the victim are supposed to be examples of how racist all non-white people are all the time.  That's what my problem with those 2 incidents were, and the subsequent destruction and chaos that ensued.  Here I've been saying that Floyd was murdered and justice needs to be done.  But the looting and rioting is wholly unacceptable.

You're pretty awesome man like reading you're posts as well.  Enjoy you here buddy.

Right agree with peaceful protests but the looting and rioting is bad. Some people out there might be close closing for business might put nail in coffin. But in all business in general looting and rioting no honor. Like people doing things with honor and respect. There are those people are amazing who shouldn't get hurt as well. Innocent people. 

Ya my mother and I take people Indian colored to shopping all the time. Have a neighbor feel bad for him really nice guy stroke but getting better. Witch is good.  As well as really liked this girl for she is used to go to places colored but marriage but still talk here and there. Used to watch her play darts league. Really nice girl.

Been around lots of people. Even those with disabilities and stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Democracy in action. The majority can take away the rights of the minority.

Lawlessness and destruction , looting and killing Cops are not acceptable. We are not a Democracy, by the way. Haven’t we been told the lawless rioters were just a small minority ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think I picked the right area to move to. Check the video.

While our Democratic governor wants to stand down to violent protesters and intimidate hair salons some in our state capitol are willing to step up.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/citizens-ar15s-protect-salem-storefronts-protest/

Glamour-Salon-Armed-Citizens-600x537.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m in a weird spot here.  I’m for both.  I absolutely support the core message of the BLM movement.  Unequivocally.  I should do more.  And I absolutely support all of the good police out there who toil in anonymity and risk their lives to keep us safe.  

The narrative issue that you mentioned is food for thought.  It’s probably extreme and hyperbolic to say that an African-American man always worries about being killed by a police officer when he takes a walk on Delaware Avenue at noon on a Tuesday.   But it’s also eminently fair to say that, as a white male who grew up in the middle of the middle class, nothing will allow me to appreciate the well-founded suspicion and fear with respect to which the African-American community views law enforcement.  I haven’t been the subject of a stop and frisk.  I haven’t been stopped repeatedly at Main and Bailey for a DWB.  And I haven’t had my house tossed by police because a knucklehead from the bus stop ran into my front door carrying a dime bag while trying to run away from a stop and frisk.  (All of those points are real-life illustrations drawn from my professional experience.) 

The bottom line, I guess, is that there’s room for improvement everywhere.  It is a time for conversation and listening, but it’s also a time for action.  The core complaints of the critical mass of protesters should have been addressed a long time ago. We all need to get to work. 

This is a good take. Funny enough, I support BLM like I would support any group that perceives they are victims of an injustice. I also williingly acknowledge that I have not had to experience what a black man might experience walking down any street in America. Each and every one of us harbors are own biases and prejudices. We are all qualitatively the same in that respect. The degrees of those biases and prejudices is what makes us all quantitatively different. Many have made strides in diminishing those biases and prejudices. Many have not. Racism in this country exists. There is an entire history in this country that cannot be ignored or dismissed as having no current relevance. We have been trying to change, in relatively short order, views in this country that were developed and perpetuated over generations upon generations. However, as Victor Hugo once wrote, "The human race has been badly managed, but it has progressed." Progress has been made. Maybe not as fast or to a degree most would like, but, we are progressing.

So, from the other side, I have had the opportunity to walk down the street as a law enforcement officer. I have been part of that community, and the greater community of criminal justice, for the past 35+ years. Almost my entire adult life. I have worked almost exclusively in the violent crime arena (still do in retirement as a consultant) and have been in many emotionally charged and potentially dangerous situations. It is a different world. However, over the last 35+ years, I can tell you that there is no institution in this country that has made a greater effort in that time to eliminate what people refer to as "systemic racism" than law enforcement. I have seen bad LE Officers and personally investigated a few (each one convicted and sentenced). They have always existed and always will exist - as they do in every other segment of society. I have also seen racist LE Officers. But I have also seen them slowly and surely weeded out of the profession. Weeds are weeds, however, and it takes time and effort to completely eradicate them. Over the years, I have personally interacted with, literally, thousands of LE Officers. I have watched the profession evolve, for the better. As a group, they are men and women who take an oath to protect and serve, and the vast majority take that oath seriously and try to serve and protect every citizen out there, regardless of race.

I am saddened by what I saw Officer Chauvin do, as I am saddened anytime I see unneccessary violence and needless loss of life. He doesn't represent the profession. I am saddened that so many black citizens feel they can't trust law enforcement. I am also saddened that so many good men and women in law enforcement feel completely abandoned right now.

I am always hopeful that, as a nation, we can engage in open, honest dialogue. It just never seems to happen...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lawlessness and destruction , looting and killing Cops are not acceptable. We are not a Democracy, by the way. Haven’t we been told the lawless rioters were just a small minority ? 

I know. We are a Constitutional Republic. I was throwing some hyperbole at the situational conditions where a majority decides the rights of the few or the one are negated in a particular situation and time, and force is used to harm the person, persons, and or their property. My dark joke is that a violent mob has voted the outnumbered group is about to experience pain.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reality Check said:

I know. We are a Constitutional Republic. I was throwing some hyperbole at the situational conditions where a majority decides the rights of the few or the one are negated in a particular situation and time, and force is used to harm the person, persons, and or their property. My dark joke is that a violent mob has voted the outnumbered group is about to experience pain.

Yeah, in a moment of more clarity, I picked up on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Interesting how there's cameras everywhere, but they can't track people dropping off boxes of bricks?

or more likely don't want to.

Well the police certainly want to, but they are being prevented.  I'm not on board with the current strategy of "don't let police take any offensive measures against violent rioters because it'll just make things worse".   Really?  Worse how?  Is there another whole segment of people who will start throwing bricks, destroying businesses and shooting at cops if the current lot starts paying the price for those actions?  I doubt it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sheep. 

The bricks thing is puzzling to me.  If this is really happening, why has no one been caught or captured on video doing this?  They are staged along the protest route they say.  Police know where the route is too  Every inch of most cities is covered by video surveillance of some sort.  Seems like it shouldn't be so hard to catch someone doing this.

Some of the pictures look like they could be staged too like the ones in Frisco, TX.

Edited by reddogblitz

Just now, reddogblitz said:

The bricks thing is puzzling to me.  If this is really happening, why has no one been caught or captured on video ***** this?  They are staged along the protest route they say.  Police know where the route is too  Every inch of most cities is covered by video surveillance of some sort.  Seems like it shouldn't be so hard to catch someone doing this.

Some of the pictures look like they could be staged too like the ones in Frisco, TX.

There is a video in a tweet. I'm pretty sure it was posted earlier in the thread, but I don't have time to thoroughly dig right now. 

Here’s something you won’t find in your stats. I owned a c-store in a predominantly black neighborhood for over 10 years. It was a common sight to see police harass my customers on a regular basis as they left my establishment. Too many times to count. I’ve also had customers tell me how they just got pulled over on their way to my store and were searched for no reason and not ticketed at all. 

I rented out my business and moved to the next one in a non-black, high income neighborhood that consisted mainly of Cuban Americans and white Americans. There was a police precinct no more than 150 yards away. The customers in this store drank beer in front of the business all day every day and nobody ever got harassed or pulled over. Take it for what it’s worth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Well the police certainly want to, but they are being prevented.  I'm not on board with the current strategy of "don't let police take any offensive measures against violent rioters because it'll just make things worse".   Really?  Worse how?  Is there another whole segment of people who will start throwing bricks, destroying businesses and shooting at cops if the current lot starts paying the price for those actions?  I doubt it.

If cops started with violent white protesters that look like commie hipsters it wouldn't stir more racial tension.  Maybe that could be a starting point.  Phase 1 could be night stick beat downs for entertainment and if that doesn't work then tasers for comedy and if that doesn't work shoot a few.  Points can be awarded based on how much the hipster resembles pajama boy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If cops started with violent white protesters that look like commie hipsters it wouldn't stir more racial tension.  Maybe that could be a starting point.  Phase 1 could be night stick beat downs for entertainment and if that doesn't work then tasers for comedy and if that doesn't work shoot a few.  Points can be awarded based on how much the hipster resembles pajama boy.

I think that already started.  Here's some videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/2020PoliceBrutality/

This guy is the chair of New York City Council health committee. 

These are the guys that are involved in the decision making process of who remains sheltered and who doesn't.

Remember that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1