Liberal Protests

B-Man

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The part where white people deny that black people have legitimate pain and legitimate grievances. Pretty much every black person in America watched the George Floyd murder and said "that could have been me. And I could be the next George Floyd." 

I can not fathom how Obama saying, "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin" would anger you. Unless you thought that black people have no legitimate pain and grievance with the way they are treated and perceived in society. 

First off, I'm not white.  I'm a 1st generation American of (Asian) Indian descent.  Grew up in Rochester and now live in CT.  I am a man of color and have been the target of racism, albeit infrequent and mostly in the past.

I am more than sympathetic to the plight of black people.  I just don't think that incidents that turn out not to be racism but extremely poor judgment on the part of the victim are supposed to be examples of how racist all non-white people are all the time.  That's what my problem with those 2 incidents were, and the subsequent destruction and chaos that ensued.  Here I've been saying that Floyd was murdered and justice needs to be done.  But the looting and rioting is wholly unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Makes perfect sense that the first black POTUS speak. 

Much like Trumps delicate ego - you’re all too delicate and small. Just like @Buffalogal shared her deep seated FELLINGS: - “Obama definitely fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s. For a man that could have united, he definitely was the great divider-in-chief.”

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Routine bunker inspection is on the agenda.  Nothing more.  Move along. 

And tear gassing anyone in their way...without wearing gas masks of course (because that's how you do it).

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think it is absolutely fine for BLM to exist for the purpose of wanting to examine an issue they are genuinely concerned about. I think it is wrong for BLM or anyone to push a narrative that "black men cannot walk down the street without fear of being killed by police," or "that "it is open season on blacks by law enforcement," because it isn't factually true. I also think it is wrong for BLM or any protesters calling for the deaths of police officers in chants like "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," or "dead cops ... now."

I think it is wrong for BLM to make the starting point for any conversation about race the acceptance, as fact, that there is "systemic racism" in law enforcement agencies to the extent that, as a whole, they are singling people out to kill simply because they are black. 

I’m in a weird spot here.  I’m for both.  I absolutely support the core message of the BLM movement.  Unequivocally.  I should do more.  And I absolutely support all of the good police out there who toil in anonymity and risk their lives to keep us safe.  

The narrative issue that you mentioned is food for thought.  It’s probably extreme and hyperbolic to say that an African-American man always worries about being killed by a police officer when he takes a walk on Delaware Avenue at noon on a Tuesday.   But it’s also eminently fair to say that, as a white male who grew up in the middle of the middle class, nothing will allow me to appreciate the well-founded suspicion and fear with respect to which the African-American community views law enforcement.  I haven’t been the subject of a stop and frisk.  I haven’t been stopped repeatedly at Main and Bailey for a DWB.  And I haven’t had my house tossed by police because a knucklehead from the bus stop ran into my front door carrying a dime bag while trying to run away from a stop and frisk.  (All of those points are real-life illustrations drawn from my professional experience.) 

The bottom line, I guess, is that there’s room for improvement everywhere.  It is a time for conversation and listening, but it’s also a time for action.  The core complaints of the critical mass of protesters should have been addressed a long time ago. We all need to get to work. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

And tear gassing anyone in their way...without wearing gas masks of course (because that's how you do it).

Don’t forget the rubber bullets.  They might pump a few into the minister across the street if he looks at them the wrong way again today.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t forget the rubber bullets.  They might pump a few into the minister across the street if he looks at them the wrong way again today.  

Better than getting shot (in the heart, or the leg like Joe wants).  Or a knee to the neck, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Someone, I forget who, posted a pick in the Shoutbox last night of a pallet of bricks in front of a brick wall, trying to claim that this was right-wing BS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Someone, I forget who, posted a pick in the Shoutbox last night of a pallet of bricks in front of a brick wall, trying to claim that this was right-wing BS.

I watched it in North Hollywood with my own eyes yesterday during the protest (which was peaceful and fine here). Two SUVs dumped out recycling boxes just like that with bricks and rocks on two corners along the protest route. Cops took them away immediately. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

This tweet is from Missouri’s Attorney General. 

Disgusting behavior rewarded by Libtard politicians, and it’s occurring nationwide. NYC did the same. Hatred of Trump by the left has driven them to madness. How can any law abiding citizen vote Democrat ? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Interesting how there's cameras everywhere, but they can't track people dropping off boxes of bricks?

or more likely don't want to.

Probably using vehicles with stolen plates. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Disgusting behavior rewarded by Libtard politicians, and it’s occurring nationwide. NYC did the same. Hatred of Trump by the left has driven them to madness. How can any law abiding citizen vote Democrat ? 

Easy. They believe in the rule of law.  Unlike Trump.