Liberal Protests

B-Man

If I didn't have kids I'd be enjoying this right now because these self-righteous @ssholes deserve the world they're creating.

I'm utterly shocked at the responses I'm getting from people. It's not enough to accept the "peaceful protesters," you have to support the criminals too. Suggesting that violence against, and destruction of the property and livelihoods of innocent people isn't the best way to go about things is way out of bounds.

And God forbid you make such a suggestion without virtue signalling about your moral outrage over police brutality.

I explained to one guy that I would be happy to respond to those defending or justifying police violence against innocents but I couldn't find any in my feed.

He was not amused.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I swear this is one of the dumbest questions people bring up.

Let's move it forward.

How many tranny friends do you have over for dinner?

How many gay friends do you have over for dinner?

How many Jews do you have over for dinner?

How many Muslims do you have over for dinner?

How many Asian friends do you have over for dinner?

How many Latina friends do you have over for dinner?

How many friends who are transitioning from girl to boy do you have over for dinner?

Do you realize how stupid your question is yet, or should we go on? 

Should we discuss what you consider to be the appropriate number? If you only have 2 Jewish friends, and never had them over for dinner, are you anti-Semite?

If you only have two tranny friends, are you homophobic? Or is two enough for you, but five is the magic number of black friends?

See the stupidity yet?

....hmmmm....with that avatar face paint, I'm thinkin' he's part of "Lizzie's tribe".......similar mind (COUGH) set...............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Russia thing was similar to the Obama birth certificate thing. Just one party trying to go after another party.

I focus on real issues. I do trust media because who else is there to trust? They need to better. Media has gone away from objective reporting.

source.gifrofl.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

@Jauronimo  I suppose you will retract your statement?

Considering we now have an official statement from the United States Park Police

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Throughout the demonstrations, the USPP has not made any arrests. The USPP will always support peaceful assembly but cannot tolerate violence to citizens or officers or damage to our nation’s resources that we are entrusted to protect.

Even if they had used Tear gas, I still wouldn't had been outraged about it considering the circumstances.  We are in times of the most lawlessness that we have seen in our life times and the situation is still not under control.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you understand how fundamentally dangerous it is to believe there is no truth? How corrosive to common sense, logic, and humanity that is? Saying there is "truth" does not imply one knows all. Far from it. 

Truth comes in many forms. Take the Russia/Trump narrative which was exposed to be a lie from top to bottom. Despite three years of spin and dishonesty, the truth was plain to see for all who looked. The truth was found in primary source documents and congressional testimony. Truth wasn't found in any newspaper or media outlet -- but in the documents themselves. In the words of the people directly involved. 

Presuming it does not exist is not only factually inaccurate, it's playing the game the way our enemies want you to play it. Don't fall for that deception. 

Russia will never go away no matter how hard you try...

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm listening, who else is there to trust? No one answers. 

I was hoping this old thread would come in handy. 

If you are serious, start here:

On 3/27/2019 at 9:55 AM, Hedge said:

I am fully aware that there are many regulars on PPP who don't need this advice. Perhaps, however, this will help some of the lurkers, should they be coming across this same situation I am. And with what I *think* is going to be happening in the next few months, there may be a lot more confused people, flailing to try and make sense of what is occurring.

With the recent summary release of the Mueller report, I have had numerous discussions with friends, family, and co-workers who are a little bit shell shocked as to the findings. During the course of our discussions, it was not at all uncommon for some of them to say "Well, I'm going to go see what CNN says about it.".  When I question why they are willingly running back to the outlet that has been blatantly lying to them for years, the typical response is an incredulous, "Where else should i go?". 

I do not give blanket statements of support to any publication, but below I have put together a list of sources I typically will provide of those who nailed the Mueller Report. I also think it's important to keep the list fairly short.

These are ordered alphabetically by first name (Journalist : Association : Twitter):

I am also just including their Twitter, since they self-promote their pieces.

It's also important to know your audience, as the majority of people who get their "news" from CNN, will turn off any willingness to listen when they hear  any major association to Fox NewsBut, for those willing to be yelled at yet for 50 minutes, I also include:

• Sean Hannity 
  • Tucker Carlson 

Here is another one who almost made my list, but I think he is to screechy to introduce to people who are just now waking up to the truth:

I am curious, however, if any of you were to swap out sources in my initial list of 6, who would you replace them with?

*****************************************************************************************************

***Below is a work in progress and contains other source suggestions from our PPP community***

Individuals:

Specific Articles/Other Sources mentioned within this thread::

Helpful Posts/Articles/Videos compiled from other threads within our PPP community, as well as outiside sources:

Transcripts from the House Judiciary Committee:

Other Documents:

Other Twitter Follows:

Notable Twitter threads:

Attorney General William Barr's Press Conference the morning the Mueller Report was publicly made available. No Collusion. No Obstruction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Been in power for over 40 years.... now he's going to do something about it. 

(after signing the crime bill, after threatening that people were about to be "put back in chains", after aiding segregationists)

BEST

VOTE

PANDERING

EVER!!!! 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Considering we now have an official statement from the United States Park Police

Here is the full quote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

bingo. This is why it was ok for police to gas and flashbang the “peaceful protest” in Washington DC. Because even if it was peaceful, it was very likely still illegal. I doubt there was a permit, and even if there was I doubt the permit allowed them to block streets. 

Get your paperwork in order or the police have carte blanche to breakup your peaceful protest?  That doesn't sound like protecting or serving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a simple point that just because the police can use force in dispersing crowds (in this instance protests we're referring to as generally all DC protests) doesn't mean that's the best course of action. And for the rest of the day I have responded to mostly comments that I have not made and the general aspersions as to why I have been silent in this thread on every other pertinent matter (because I don't spend as much time as I used to in this time suck).

This call out just cements the fact that no one bothered to read or comprehend my initial comment.

What bearing does your specific situation have on my point that I would consider retracting?

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Even if they had used Tear gas, I still wouldn't had been outraged about it considering the circumstances.  We are in times of the most lawlessness that we have seen in our life times and the situation is still not under control.

...LMAO...retract?...seriously?...he's equally impressive on the football side.................

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I was hoping this old thread would come in handy. 

If you are serious, start here:

....Jesus Mary ,Hedge...we have some here who have yet to finish "See Spot Run" and you expect them to digest THIS list?......wishful thinking............

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean they're all part of the media, are they not? 

Anything that gets posted online (text or videos) or printed and distributed could be, yes. 

And I am not sure why I am bothering, because it's highly likely that you aren't considering actually doing any leg work, but what specific media were you referencing? I would highly bet it's none of the sources I listed, because if it was you wouldn't be so lost.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Here is the full quote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

bingo. This is why it was ok for police to gas and flashbang the “peaceful protest” in Washington DC. Because even if it was peaceful, it was very likely still illegal. I doubt there was a permit, and even if there was I doubt the permit allowed them to block streets. 

Get your paperwork in order or the police have carte blanche to breakup your peaceful protest?  That doesn't sound like protecting or serving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a simple point that just because the police can use force in dispersing crowds (in this instance protests we're referring to as generally all DC protests) doesn't mean that's the best course of action. And for the rest of the day I have responded to mostly comments that I have not made and the general aspersions as to why I have been silent in this thread on every other pertinent matter (because I don't spend as much time as I used to in this time suck).

This call out just cements the fact that no one bothered to read or comprehend my initial comment.

What bearing does your specific situation have on my point that I would consider retracting?

How many of these violent protests started out peaceful?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Jesus Mary ,Hedge...we have some here who have yet to finish "See Spot Run" and you expect them to digest THIS list?......wishful thinking............

He did ask. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1