Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're ignoring 250 years of US History and how major reform and change is accomplished in the country. 

So Rob was right, you do believe that these grievances justifies and supersedes law abiding citizens rights and protections.

That's twice now that you have pretty clearly implied this.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're ignoring 250 years of US History and how major reform and change is accomplished in the country. 

I've participated in many protests back in the 60s and ever one was peaceful and respectful, of course I wasn't at Kent St., but it showed protests can be orderly. Why they can't be now, I have no answer

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Its far less weird than having friends who have no skin color.  Where are you finding these people?

3f0c16d82937442dc9048995804edbe2.jpg............."Leave me out of this !"

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hate to say this, but I am so angered by the vacuous and dishonest arguments that are being made from those on the other side, that I agree with the characterization of battle lines.  I just hope that the majority of the country don't have these lawless views.

• Like (+1) 2

You knew this was coming... 

It's everywhere in LA. :lol: 

Just now, Magox said:

I hate to say this, but I am so angered by the vacuous and dishonest arguments that are being made from those on the other side, that I agree with the characterization of battle lines.  I just hope that the majority of the country don't have these lawless views.

Agreed. 

I'll point out again that we've been at war for 5 years from these same enemies. This is just a new phase of that war, it's out in the open now. Good news is that the enemy does better when it sticks to the shadows. Sunlight kills them. And there's a big 'ol batch of sunshine headed their way in the next five weeks. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Many people learn their racism in the home. It seems Trump did. Not sure how you can disagree honestly 

You're an emotional thinker, and it clouds your ability to reason.  That's why I pointed out that your comments about a 160 year relationship between the Dems and the Klan could be considered reasonable, yet your failure to recognize your own hypocrisy of pointing out Trump's father's actions (real or imagine)  from one hundred years ago as if that matters.

I disagree, honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I dunno, most people are going to these protests with a cardboard sign.  The bad apples are going with hammers, knives and bricks. 

Y

Actually they don't have to bring bricks.

Pallets of bricks are spontaneously available at all key riot locations

no planning or organizing involved

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No. 

As I've said numerous times throughout this post, the people destroying the property represent a tiny portion of the people out in the streets. I think the rest are there protesting and trying to enact change. Their message has been completely lost though. 

The US has a history of violence. It was founded by a rebellion, fought an extremely bloody civil war, and endured similar riots and protesting in the 1960s in the lead up to the civil rights act. Maybe this is the only way to enact real change? I don't know.

The current system doesn't work for people of color. They're trying to make positive changes, but unfortunately a small percentage of the people hiding in their ranks are out to cause trouble, and that's all the media is focusing on anymore. Instead of focusing on and giving the peaceful activists a platform, the news reel is filled with anarchists toting hammers, bricks and knives out trying to light anything they can find on fire. 

I was trying to say that the issue at this point seems to either be let these people protest, and accept the damage that comes with it from the bad apples, or squash this entirely to save property, silencing the protests as a result.

I was trying to say there doesn't seem to be a solution where both sides can win. 

It sounds like you're on the side of letting them protest leaving tens of thousands of lives (which you so comfortably call property) ruined and many innocent killed because of the bad apples. Is that correct?

If so, the irony is outstanding.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree. Open warfare suggest the military can be allowed to shoot on site. That's completely insane considering how few people in these crowds are actually breaking the law. 

And in all seriousness, does insurance not cover this damage? 

I completely agree with you about the media though. As I just said, they're only focusing on the spots where the cops are clashing with protesters because they want to make it seem as though that's what is happening everywhere. 

Couple of things about the bolded.

1. At least in my dealings with insurance companies over the years I know they never make you completely whole. There's  deductibles, fees, stuff not covered, etc.  Also they are not going to pay for your lost revenue while you were closed for  6 months having your building reparied.

2. I care far less about the property damage (even though it sucks to high heaven) than I do the people getting their ass whipped for no good reason. Like the 60 year old 95 pound women in Rochester or the guy that got chased down and knocked out yet they still kicked him in the head in Portland, or the guy that was trying to walk away from a crowd of rioters and they chased him down and whipped his ass.  Or the cop shot in the back of the head in Las Vegas.  Or the shoot out in St. Louis.  This ***** has got to stop.  This is why civilization was started in the first place.  So we can live together in some modicum of peace.  Having Attila the Hun as your neighbor is no way to live. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How many black friends do you have?  More importantly, how many times have they been to your house for dinner?

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Well, let me see. My brother-in-law is black. My neices and nephews are mixed race. Two of them have black partners. I also do have several close black friends. All of them have been to my house on numerous occasions.

Is there a certain number I need to reach for your "quota?"

Even though you only asked about blacks, I thought I would mention that I also have a sister-in-law who is Indian. Not Native American like the identity you have, for whatever reason, co-opted in your avatar, but from India.

Do I get a charter membership in your "enlightened" club yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Makes me wonder how many parental eyes have been opened with the schools locked down during the Wuhan virus "crisis"? And, how many more parents will be either home schooling come fall, or looking at private school options?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Even though you only asked about blacks, I thought I would mention that I also have a sister-in-law who is Indian. Not Native American like the identity you have, for whatever reason, co-opted in your avatar, but from India.

Do I get a charter membership in your "enlightened" club yet?

I'm going to need you to cite your entire "not racist" resume in chronological order before we will even consider inviting you into the club.

What color are your pets?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its far less weird than having friends who have no skin color.  Where are you finding these people?

erm, you may want to rephrase that because it makes you sound a bit like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I'm going to need you to cite your entire "not racist" resume in chronological order before we will even consider inviting you into the club.

What color are your pets?

There, you finally have me. We have a volpino (Italian Spitz). White as a freshly fallen snow...

I am now humbled in shame...

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I went nighty night

On the Shirley thing:

1. You posted something absurd

2. I replied "Shirley"

3. You replied "?"

4. I replied "you can't be serious" intending for my two replies to be combined into " Shirley you can't be serious"

5. You seemed to not understand but I thought you were trolling so I gave you credit by saying "two Sheas"

On the San Diego thing I was just nervous for my friend @Joe in Winslow but I might be a bit paranoid.  I can't get into detail just in case.

nervous for Joe in Winslow .....nevermind I don't even want to know what that might mean. I might suggest putting down the bong and getting some fresh air no offense..