Liberal Protests

B-Man

Just now, jrober38 said:

If I need to explain it, there's no reason to because you're obviously living under a rock.

There are some open minded people on here who disagree with me on a lot of things but I can still have a good conversation with. You're not one of them if you can't see the obvious issues that affect the black community across the US. 

I wonder how he treats the cops on his force who stand with Black Lives Matter? Does he have as much vitriol for them as he does for the liberals on this forum?

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There are tens of thousands of people protesting around the country.

If 5% of them are violent, that's a lot of people looting, hiding among the crowds, throwing bricks and rocks from a distance, and lighting things on fire when there are no cops around.

These are professional protesters. A few people hiding in a massive crowd doing whatever they want without getting caught. 

You are not getting it!

You nor I can quantify how many are participating but what we can quantify is the actual damage that is occurring. The end result whether it was only one person or a million doesn't matter.  What matters are the people injured, lives lost, businesses torched, housing projects destroyed, items stolen, people put out of work due to this (which are tens of thousands if not more), people feeling threatened and communities being destroyed.

This has now hijacked what was a well-intentioned atrocious murder that was perpetuated by a heartless bastard.  There was near universal agreement that something needed to be done, now because of all this crap that is happening, the focus has shifted.  And rightfully so because there is a lot of tangible human suffering that is occurring because of these riots. 

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"400 years" -- trying to reinforce the 1619 Project which is an insult to anyone with a functioning frontal lobe at best, at worst an assault on the very foundations of our nation. 

Are the liberals on PPP willing to bow down before black people and beg for forgiveness? If you don't,  then you're a racist.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

That's certainly insulting to the 95%.

Can't they stop the ones ruining their message...................There are a few isolated incidents I am aware,

But I think your percentages are off................The majority of "protesters" are looking to riot.

I dunno, most people are going to these protests with a cardboard sign.  The bad apples are going with hammers, knives and bricks. 

You might be right. I don't know for sure and I can admit that. 

I just think that if the majority of the crowds had those type of blunt weapons, there would probably be a lot more bloodshed than there has been because they'd be openly clashing with the cops.

Most of what I've seen is a couple people throw rocks, cops move in with shields and batons, protesters run away to a safe distance, and then they do it all over again. If a big portion of the crowd had weapons, I think you'd see way more open combat in the streets. 

Again, this is based off what I've seen online. Things may very well be different. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

If I need to explain it, there's no reason to because you're obviously living under a rock.

There are some open minded people on here who disagree with me on a lot of things but I can still have a good conversation with. You're not one of them if you can't see the obvious issues that affect the black community across the US. 

No, actually I don't live under a rock. I can easily acknowledge genuine concerns on the part of the black community and the perceptions they have. I have actually written posts to this exact point, if you care to go back and read them. 

I am simply asking you to specifically state what you think the problem is and what are your supporting facts?

That is a fair question and an open invitation to honest dialogue.

Will you accept?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sorry your feelings are hurt....

giphy.gif

Of course, I don't believe I ever insulted you

One post you're claiming some moral or gentlemanly high ground and in the next you're a tough guy who isn't concerned how his brash attitude rubs people the wrong way.  How novel.

F-

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

November will be very hard for a lot of people here. 

We'll see. They have done more than throw the kitchen sink at Trump to try and retain power. And, I bet NYC votes for an even nuttier mayor next time (although to me, De Blasio is a psycho).  It really will take a silent majority after the Wuhan virus, wrecking the economy, and now destroying more businesses through Antifa rioting and looting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

No, actually I don't live under a rock. I can easily acknowledge genuine concerns on the part of the black community and the perceptions they have. I have actually written posts to this exact point, if you care to go back and read them. 

I am simply asking you to specifically state what you think the problem is and what are your supporting facts?

That is a fair question and an open invitation to honest dialogue.

Will you accept?

How many black friends do you have?  More importantly, how many times have they been to your house for dinner?

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

You are not getting it!

You nor I cannot quantify how many are participating but what we can quantify is the actual damage that is occurring. The end result whether it was only one person or a million doesn't matter.  What matters are the people injured, lives lost, businesses torched, housing projects destroyed, items stolen, people put out of work due to this (which are tens of thousands if not more), people feeling threatened and communities being destroyed.

This has now hijacked what was a well-intentioned atrocious murder that was perpetuated by a heartless bastard.  There was near universal agreement that something needed to be done, now because of all this crap that is happening, the focus has shifted.  And rightfully so because there is a lot of tangible human suffering that is occurring because of these riots. 

You're ignoring 250 years of US History and how major reform and change is accomplished in the country. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

One post you're claiming some moral or gentlemanly high ground and in the next you're a tough guy who isn't concerned how his brash attitude rubs people the wrong way.  How novel.

F-

Why don't you stop being so emotional and just have a discussion?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

How many black friends do you have?  More importantly, how many times have they been to your house for dinner?

You have friends based on the color of their skin? That's kinda weird, dontchya think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

You're ignoring 250 years of US History and how major reform and change is accomplished in the country. 

Just US history? 

Only the US got its hands bloody in the slave trade? 

Really?

The only thing that's for sure is that it took the United States, and its Navy, to end the trans Atlantic slave trade. The Brits, your owners to this day, did nothing but profit from it well into the 19th century. 

Spare me your shallow, revisionist history. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Well, let me see. My brother-in-law is black. My neices and nephews are mixed race. Two of them have black partners. I also do have several close black friends. All of them have been to my house on numerous occasions.

Is there a certain number I need to reach for your "quota?"

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just US history? 

Only the US got its hands bloody in the slave trade? 

Really?

The only thing that's for sure is that it took the United States, and its Navy, to end the trans Atlantic slave trade. The Brits, your owners to this day, did nothing but profit from it well into the 19th century. 

Spare me your shallow, revisionist history. 

Portugal invented the slave trade.

• Like (+1) 1