Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Those people that did those crimes will be arrested, charged, and convicted when caught. The problem is law enforcement is likely to get away with killing someone in their custody. We have a President that encourages law enforcement to rough up those already in handcuff, no longer a threat. No one wanted to listen to those crying out for help, those losing loved ones at the hands of law enforcement.

If you can't understand that then your priorities are out of wack.

Your false equivalency is sickening.  You are part of the problem.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Notice you don't see a single leftist here calling out those actions. The only thing they can yell is "tear gas and rubber bullets!" 

That's because they love to see fallen cops. And businesses destroyed. And business owners beaten to a bloody pulp. It excites their base, which is why their leaders are all quiet. They NEED this to get the vote out in November.

But hey...rubber bullets, man. That's some really bad schitt right there. They bounce and everything! 

Of course not, they are sick.  They disgust me.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

What a moronic statement. The sad thing is that there are a large number of people that think this is a good idea....

Well yeah, aiming for legs is a terrible idea for many reasons. Especially if it is an “unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something”. Interesting definition of “unarmed”, but it brings other things into sharper focus if that’s how they define it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Whines about authoritarian societies.

Supported locking people in their homes indefinitely because, "science."

Yep, he's a progressive.

Quarantine = tyranny

Masks = tyranny

Deploying the military on U.S. Citizens = a welcome sight!

Yup, hes a true patriot! 

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

“‘Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart,’ Biden said in an address to black community leaders in Wilmington, Del.”

People are actually gonna vote for this imbecile? This is one of the most ignorant, moronic statements I’ve heard. And, it’s from a “presidential candidate”. 

...the fickle segment of the electorate that says, "absolutely yes with no hesitation" scare the hell out of me......

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Quarantine = tyranny

Masks = tyranny

Deploying the military on U.S. Citizens = a welcome sight!

Don’t you mean deploying US Military to quell violent riots and looting, and to prevent the further destruction of person and property?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

Why? Because it's what commies do. 

And if the GOP becomes any more un-moored from the Constitution and the Bill of Rights it's pretty much over anyway. If the radical left gains power I won't have to worry about it because I'm out of here. Friends in New Zealand that's far enough away from all the a$$holes. This place will be a shite show hell on earth. 

Don't you already live under "communist" rule in California? Voting rights in tact there 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

That's not how this works, hypocrite. I asked YOU the question. Should the government be able to tell people what to do or not?

Those are your beliefs, hypocrite.  Its not my responsibility to reconcile them for you.  

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Notice you don't see a single leftist here calling out those actions. The only thing they can yell is "tear gas and rubber bullets!" 

That's because they love to see fallen cops. And businesses destroyed. And business owners beaten to a bloody pulp. It excites their base, which is why their leaders are all quiet. They NEED this to get the vote out in November.

But hey...rubber bullets, man. That's some really bad schitt right there. They bounce and everything! 

Hoax. 

10 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I hadn't seen this. Do you have a link where he states to rough them up while handcuffed? 

I thought the exact same thing when I read that. I'd love to see that link too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't you already live under "communist" rule in California? Voting rights in tact there 

Once the feds are on board with tyranny I think it will be much worse. 

5 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-05-30/dont-understand-the-protests-what-youre-seeing-is-people-pushed-to-the-edge

What was your first reaction when you saw the video of the white cop kneeling on George Floyd’s neck while Floyd croaked, “I can’t breathe”?

If you’re white, you probably muttered a horrified, “Oh, my God” while shaking your head at the cruel injustice. If you’re black, you probably leapt to your feet, cursed, maybe threw something (certainly wanted to throw something), while shouting, “Not @#$%! again!” Then you remember the two white vigilantes accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery as he jogged through their neighborhood in February, and how if it wasn’t for that video emerging a few weeks ago, they would have gotten away with it. And how those Minneapolis cops claimed Floyd was resisting arrest but a store’s video showed he wasn’t. And how the cop on Floyd’s neck wasn’t an enraged redneck stereotype, but a sworn officer who looked calm and entitled and devoid of pity: the banality of evil incarnate.

What do you see when you see angry black protesters amassing outside police stations with raised fists? If you’re white, you may be thinking, “They certainly aren’t social distancing.” Then you notice the black faces looting Target and you think, “Well, that just hurts their cause.” Then you see the police station on fire and you wag a finger saying, “That’s putting the cause backward.”

You’re not wrong — but you’re not right, either. The black community is used to the institutional racism inherent in education, the justice system and jobs. And even though we do all the conventional things to raise public and political awareness — write articulate and insightful pieces in the Atlantic, explain the continued devastation on CNN, support candidates who promise change — the needle hardly budges.

But African Americans have been living in a burning building for many years, choking on the smoke as the flames burn closer and closer. Racism in America is like dust in the air. It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere. As long as we keep shining that light, we have a chance of cleaning it wherever it lands. But we have to stay vigilant, because it’s always still in the air.

So what you see when you see black protesters depends on whether you’re living in that burning building or watching it on TV with a bowl of corn chips in your lap waiting for “NCIS” to start [or posting about it on a Bills message board].

What I want to see is not a rush to judgment, but a rush to justice.

I can appreciate everyone's sentiments on this topic (with the exception of the unhinged, irrational people we see and read everyday), and it's certainly more productive to speak about things in this way, but I submit that a few things need to change before any change takes place.

First and foremost, everyone has a stake in this and everyone should have a voice.  That includes blacks, whites, men, women, everyone.  We have to stop this idea that if you are not black, you can't have an opinion or position.  It halts discussion before it begins.  The most disingenuous thing you can hear these days is, "we need to have an honest, hard discussion about race" and have that come from a person who just wants to talk at you and have you submit to everything they say.  That's not a discussion and we all know what people mean when they say that.

Second, the uncomfortable truths exist for everyone.  That means the entirety of this problem is not on any one person, one group of people, or one system.  

Third, the United States isn't the problem.  As in anything, there is always a need to keep addressing issues and fixing problems, but that cannot come at the expense of freedoms.  A large part of what you are seeing is anti-American, anti-freedom Communist insurrection.  That needs to be separated from the problems of race and policing and condemned by every individual not participating in this Bolshevik style revolution.

• Like (+1) 2

Times like this bring out the libtards like when a house is fumigated for roaches.  They are coming out of every nook and cranny.  This country needs to be fumigated and all the roaches  removed.?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There have been protests. It's gone on my entire life and lifetimes before mine. 

So this is nothing about George Floyd..............Thanks,

Your statement that the guilty policemen will get off wasn't serious..........

Who was paying ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3