Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

But rioting helps the jobs come back? :blink:

I'm going to assume many of the rioters are part of the 40 million people unemployed over the last 10 weeks. 

Low income people working in cities who have lost their jobs and have nothing better to do. 

Edited by jrober38

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Your reading comprehension skills seem to still be lacking.

When did I say it wasn't low?

I said, have you looked RECENTLY, and you immediately put words in my mouth, changing my argument, as you always do. 

When it is directly a result of the shutdown due to the virus, then it has absolutely no relationship to your argument.

Are you honestly this stupid?

That is a rhetorical question

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm going to assume many of the rioters are part of the 40 million people unemployed over the last 10 weeks. 

Low income people working in cities who have lost their jobs and have nothing better to do. 

How about you assume they are criminals and start from there

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Right.

The issue is those jobs aren't coming back anytime soon. 

You're probably right, because most of the damage being done in these riots are in black communities

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

OIC! Soros and company hiring them to riot, loot and pillage is a way of bringing down the unemployment numbers cause by the Wuhan virus.

That is some hot take there! :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The comments on this twitter thread. Oy. People truly think they can block roads, loot buildings, start fires, heck, protest without permits, and there should be no repercussions for them.

bingo. This is why it was ok for police to gas and flashbang the “peaceful protest” in Washington DC. Because even if it was peaceful, it was very likely still illegal. I doubt there was a permit, and even if there was I doubt the permit allowed them to block streets. 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Well at least there is cause for celebration while cities are burning....

SMFH

No one is ever going to know the source of the money.  Sorta like Obama's donations not having the cvv CC requirement, gofundme being a funnel for payoffs, etc. As long as there are untraceable VISA/MCs that can be bought with cash, money can be hidden and donated.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Looting and your get away car is a Rolls Royce!?!?!?

I think professional shoplifting rings are taking advantage of the non-enforcement that is now prevalent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Thanks Cuomo/Wolf/Whitmer/"Science Believers!"

Thank you Donald Trump for absolutely destroying our pandemic infrastructure since arriving office.

Oh - and thanks for ignoring intelligence since November...

But sure - blame some Governors for the global pandemic.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one is ever going to know the source of the money.  Sorta like Obama's donations not having the cvv CC requirement, gofundme being a funnel for payoffs, etc. As long as there are untraceable VISA/MCs that can be bought with cash, money can be hidden and donated.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."

The Democrats are corrupt to their core, and the mainstream republican party ain't any better.

Need a good cleansing of our establishment politics.

Just now, BillStime said:

Thank you Donald Trump for absolutely destroying our pandemic infrastructure since arriving office.

Oh - and thanks for ignoring intelligence since November...

But sure - blame some Governors for the global pandemic.

pepe.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

For 5 minutes intellectual honesty would be appreciated. I don’t know why I’d expect it, but carry on. 

Many people learn their racism in the home. It seems Trump did. Not sure how you can disagree honestly 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Many people learn their racism in the home. It seems Trump did. Not sure how you can disagree honestly 

Where did you learn yours? Just curious.

Or are you one of those "enlightened" souls that loves to look down on everyone else as having no ability for insight, introspection, thoughtful consideration, etc.?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

This is really so funny. Democrats in the 1860's? Do you think they are the same as Democrats today? Just because the name is the same? 

How can anyone make such an argument? Would Nathan Bedford Forest of been an Obama supporter? 

Well, I am glad to see you admit that Democrats don't exists.  They may call themself that, but they are violent marxists now.  They should just call themselves the Bolshevik Party at this point.  

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Where did you learn yours? Just curious.

Or are you one of those "enlightened" souls that loves to look down on everyone else as having no ability for insight, introspection, thoughtful consideration, etc.?

Everyone has their moment - right 59?

image.thumb.jpeg.212373815b0ae6cb8a6f366d2419c197.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Don't get defensive. That doesn't advance our discussion. 

I never play defense. Only offense. It's just my style.

All I'm pointing out is that the five poorest states in the US based off GDP per capita are South Carolina, Arkansas, West Virginia, Idaho and Mississippi. Conservative principals have obviously not worked there, so the issue is more than just democratic policies failing in "urban jungles". Things are failing everywhere. 

Again, are those people burning down their towns and rioting. Being poor and a scumbag are not the same thing. Plus, they can grow their own food and subsist. Also the JOBS got shipped away, which you obviously never considered. Are you a Walmart shopper? Have you been buying American? Did you protest jobs being shipped to Asia? Did you vote for people who advanced shipping those jobs away over the past 40 years?

The solution in my eyes is to go back to a tax system like the one the US had during or just before Ronald Reagan, where the top tax bracket was between 50 and 70%. Raise taxes dramatically on people who earn large incomes, and lower taxes for everyone else. Put money back in the pockets of people who actually need it, and make the super wealthy pitch in more to the system that has allowed them to stockpile their wealth. A wealth tax is also something I could get behind on wealth above like $10 million (not a low threshold). 

Another terrible idea. Effective corporate tax rates are even less in China, you don't address the job losses to them, and want to raise taxes here? Why? To fund states and cities that can make a business decision to not defend your business or private property while promising to serve and protect? You through ignorance want to continue the trend that has destroyed this country. I am done paying more to get less while people like you act like locusts. The bankers are innocent in your world.

In all seriousness, with where the economy is heading and how fast its heading their with Artificial Intelligence, I think Andrew Yang's idea of guaranteed universal basic income is something to look at. In 10 years a ton of industries that employ huge numbers of people will be gone. Trucking, food service, taxis, bus drivers, etc. It'll all be taken over, or at least dominated by Artificial Intelligence.

Your knowledge of geo-politics and global economics is piss poor. The United States will soon be backing out of Bretton Woods agreement which guarantee free trade at the cost of American lives, jobs, and businesses. When that happens, and access to the US dollar recedes, these countries will have to fight and bleed to secure energy, resources, goods, and ship the same. Without the US dollar, they will enter into even greater conflict regionally as exchange rates will be volatile. The world is on the verge of life with less American security forces providing for their welfare and will, as a result, destabilize, and deindustrialize substantially most continents. This is predicted by the Rand Corporation and Stratfor. Their analysis is spot on. North America as a Continent will re-industrialize with superior technology and hire its own citizens. Mexico will be a big beneficiary and so will states tied in through the heartland via the Mississippi river system. We can provide for our own energy needs without the Middle East when the time comes, and that time is coming. The Space Force will secure lunar energy capture because the lunar surface has abundant Helium 3. We have fusion technology that includes electrical power generation and space propulsion, with He3 being the lynchpin. The economy will change radically, but there will be millions of jobs despite robotics and machine learning innovations. The digital banking system will be remade sooner than later, but I will save that for another time.

Technology is obviously taking over the world, and I think within 10, maybe 15 years many of the jobs Americans depend on now will be almost entirely gone and the work force won't have the necessary education to find new things to do in the economy we'll have then

Totally false and based on propaganda from international banking and corporate elites that were betting on China and the belt and road initiative to supersede the US hegemony. I am betting my life that will not happen. Digital support for innovations in homeschooling are on the horizon. Prices will be falling.

And no, I don't support cheap goods. Over the last few years my wife and I support brands we like, who manufacture domestically or actively try to reduce their carbon footprint. That's our choice to support small businesses with those characteristics, and it often comes at a greater cost but we're willing to pay it. 

God bless you for that, and don't ever stop. We WILL get through this and we will empower each other the way the American Dream should have already been. I have total faith in that. Liberty or Death. Stay safe. Time to eat. Peace.