Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And today - it IS a Trump thing...

image.thumb.jpeg.281561d509d8cd6728c9b50974bbce5c.jpeg

Yep, under Trump black unemployment is the lowest ever, more blacks are off welfare and food stamps under him too. Dems want blacks on government assistance to keep power over them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I like how the libtards ignore   WV Senator Robert Byrd, who WAS a member of the KKK. He and Gore's father led the fight against the  1963 Civil Rights bill. which was assed because of the Republican support. Oh I forgot Slick Willy's mentor.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reality Check said:

Well, you never mention all the jobs that were sent overseas to some of our most trusted friends like China. Were you a supporter of cheaper goods at Walmart while local business suffered and industrial jobs left town? Hey, maybe you are part of the problem. Put your life and money where your mouth is and present a viable solution. You behave like this forum is an extension of protesting in the streets. Try solving a problem first and get back to me. 

Don't get defensive. That doesn't advance our discussion. 

All I'm pointing out is that the five poorest states in the US based off GDP per capita are South Carolina, Arkansas, West Virginia, Idaho and Mississippi. Conservative principals have obviously not worked there, so the issue is more than just democratic policies failing in "urban jungles". Things are failing everywhere. 

The solution in my eyes is to go back to a tax system like the one the US had during or just before Ronald Reagan, where the top tax bracket was between 50 and 70%. Raise taxes dramatically on people who earn large incomes, and lower taxes for everyone else. Put money back in the pockets of people who actually need it, and make the super wealthy pitch in more to the system that has allowed them to stockpile their wealth. A wealth tax is also something I could get behind on wealth above like $10 million (not a low threshold). 

In all seriousness, with where the economy is heading and how fast its heading their with Artificial Intelligence, I think Andrew Yang's idea of guaranteed universal basic income is something to look at. In 10 years a ton of industries that employ huge numbers of people will be gone. Trucking, food service, taxis, bus drivers, etc. It'll all be taken over, or at least dominated by Artificial Intelligence.

Technology is obviously taking over the world, and I think within 10, maybe 15 years many of the jobs Americans depend on now will be almost entirely gone and the work force won't have the necessary education to find new things to do in the economy we'll have then. 

And no, I don't support cheap goods. Over the last few years my wife and I support brands we like, who manufacture domestically or actively try to reduce their carbon footprint. That's our choice to support small businesses with those characteristics, and it often comes at a greater cost but we're willing to pay it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This isn't ANTIFA. These are just your good old fashioned homegrown criminals.

Assuming it was not stolen ... there cannot be too many of these, even in NYC. It should not be hard to find the owner. Now if it was stolen, they should be able to track it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother! Tell me again how tax breaks for the rich, impact the poor? We’ve already overspent the ‘rich’ people’s taxes by $20 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!  Let me know when you think we’ve gotten to the right number. The goal should be a society where EVERYONE pays a proportionate share. We’ve proven beyond any doubt that redistribution simply doesn’t work. In fact, it makes things way, way worse!

That would be the goal in plutocracy.

In a democracy populist ideals, particularly on taxes are much more common. 

Redistribution hasn't been utilized since the 1960s when the top tax bracket paid 90% income tax. 

Over the past 40 years, the rich have paid less tax and everyone else has paid more, and the result has been a massive increase in income inequality. 

Trickle down economics do not work. That's obvious at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Yep, under Trump black unemployment is the lowest ever, more blacks are off welfare and food stamps under him too. Dems want blacks on government assistance to keep power over them. 

Have you looked at black unemployment recently? 

It's currently over 16%. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Have you looked at black unemployment recently? 

It's currently over 16%. 

Actually, before the economic shutdown due to the virus, it was at an all time low. Don't you ever tire of manipulating stats and telling outright lies to prove your points.

If your arguments are supported by accurate, truthful facts, then why don't you try presenting some?

Just now, jrober38 said:

Right.

The issue is those jobs aren't coming back anytime soon. 

No the issue is that you are a deceptive in your arguments

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, before the economic shutdown due to the virus, it was at an all time low. Don't you ever tire of manipulating stats and telling outright lies to prove your points.

If your arguments are supported by accurate, truthful facts, then why don't you try presenting some?

No the issue is that you are a deceptive in your arguments

Your reading comprehension skills seem to still be lacking.

When did I say it wasn't low?

I said, have you looked RECENTLY, and you immediately put words in my mouth, changing my argument, as you always do.