Liberal Protests

B-Man

I went to a police website and this is what it said were pros and cons with the carotid hold  https://www.policemag.com/341089/reconsidering-carotid-control

Pros:

The carotid restraint control hold offers an alternative to lethal force, repeated uses of ECWs, impact weapons, OC spray, personal body weapons, and excessive body compression during officer swarms. The hold is effective for officers of all sizes and strengths. It can be effectively applied and control can be gained upon combative individuals who demonstrate a high tolerance for pain; who are under the influence of drugs; or who are in an excited, agitated, and/or psychotic state. Application of the hold does not appear violent or excessive and is less likely to create a negative public perception.

The carotid restraint control hold can reduce officer injuries as well as serious injuries to subjects and potential for in-custody death by providing an additional force option that does not rely upon electrical load, pain, or blunt force trauma to gain control of the individual. Recent medical research has concluded that the hold is "unlikely to result in serious injury or death" when applied properly by competently trained end-user officers.

Cons:

The carotid restraint control hold requires officers to be in close proximity with the resistive subject. This means that the officer's weapons are also in close proximity. However, this is a normal risk any time officers struggle to restrain any resistive subject.

As with any other force option, the carotid restraint control hold/vascular neck restraint technique requires recurring training to maintain proficiency to ensure that both the application and post-application are properly followed. A medical clearance should be obtained on the subject after the hold is applied.

Training and Certification

Carotid restraint control hold instructors and police practices experts, including myself, suggest that the hold be classified as an intermediate level of force along with ECWs, impact weapons, and personal body weapon strikes.

The carotid restraint control hold/vascular neck restraint is a force option with its own inherent risks. Initial certification training of end-user officers, mandated periodic update training, and updated policies and procedures are paramount for agencies authorizing this very practical, much needed and unique use-of-force option.

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wait a minute.  Are you from San Diego?

you're going to ask me a question like that and not explain why? Why do I possibly know you? LOL Shirley that cant be it..could it? LOL

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The warnings for state governors about tolerance for looting, vandalizing and violence has hit the front page of the New York Times Tuesday,

and as you’ll see it doesn’t contain an acceptable level of spin for the Left:

Click on the tweet for the hilarious responses.

The left cannot believe that the NYT would run such a "trash" headline and are threatening to cancel their subscriptions..........?

Nothing drives a leftist nuts more than a factual headline.

As the saying goes,

If you want to make a conservative mad tell him a lie.

If you want to make a liberal mad tell him the truth.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have been wondering about the bricks that turned up in the downtown areas of big cities. Don't they have cameras around that would show who put them there?

With so many surveillance tools, I would think even with masking, I would think they would have some clues who some of the violent and organized rioters are.

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/color-of-justice-racial-and-ethnic-disparity-in-state-prisons/

Read this. There are over 5X the amount of African-Americans in jail compared to white people. 

Racial biasing in policing absolutely does exist and is part of the problem, but there are also plenty of other contributing factors to this that need to be addressed. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/color-of-justice-racial-and-ethnic-disparity-in-state-prisons/

Read this. There are over 5X the amount of African-Americans in jail compared to white people. 

Racial biasing in policing absolutely does exist and is part of the problem, but there are also plenty of other contributing factors to this that need to be addressed. 

I agree 

Edited by Prickly Pete

41 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

I have been wondering about the bricks that turned up in the downtown areas of big cities. Don't they have cameras around that would show who put them there?

With so many surveillance tools, I would think even with masking, I would think they would have some clues who some of the violent and organized rioters are.

I honestly don't know who benefits most from the riots and looting. The riots and looting changed the narrative and took focus away from George Floyd's murder. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is absolutely insane. Cops being run over on multiple occasions, killed by gunfire in various cities and beaten in others.

And the national media will pretend it didn’t happen.  I hope the press secretary plays clips of them and scolds the media for abdication of their journalistic responsibilities and shames them publicly on live tv

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

This is absolutely insane. Cops being run over on multiple occasions, killed by gunfire in various cities and beaten in others.

And the national media will pretend it didn’t happen.  I hope the press secretary plays clips of them and scolds the media for abdication of their journalistic responsibilities and shames them publicly on live tv

...You are surprised? You want the press secretary to scold the media?

Things have gone beyond that. Wait until the cartels in LA start using their weapons...

Across this next day, the poser radical kids (they have their selfies with the burning cop car), and "casual" looters will get scared away by the night time violence, and the real ugliness will get underway.

Tonight in LA there were a few car chases...they looked pretty effective for the looters, because the cops just follow behind and kind of wait for a way to box them in. I can picture a bunch of car chases at once, and it would be really bad, because the cops have to be so careful, and follow regulations.

Picture a bunch of these going on at once. The truck was filled with 5 or 6 guys in all black. They only caught 1. The SUV has tinted windows, is heavy duty, and was able to go as fast as 120 mph.

*****I just noticed it's not the same chase, but it is the same type of SUV. 

https://abc7.com/police-chase-lapd/6226157/

It's not gonna just end. And even if things are quelled soon, between now and Election Day there will be more.

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

The local media seems to do a much better job at least in Buffalo.  Two cops were hit by a vehicle on Bailey and they'll hopefully be okay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Military action NOW Mr. President.

ABC News

Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests

9 hrs ago

In a dramatic escalation of a national crisis, National Guard troops were deployed near the White House Monday evening hours after President Donald Trump said he wanted a military show of force against violent protests gripping the country.

Shortly after, Trump came to the White House Rose Garden to call himself the "law and order" president, saying "domestic terrorism" was to blame for the unrest.

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property," he said. "We will end it now."

He called on governors to use their National Guard military police units to "dominate the streets" and said he would deploy the active duty military if governors failed to use the National Guard more forcefully.

He said he may invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act, which permits a president to deploy military inside the U.S. to deal with civil disorder.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-says-he-is-mobilizing-heavily-armed-military-to-stop-protests/ar-BB14Tw7o?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

ABC News

Trump says he is mobilizing 'heavily armed' military to stop protests

9 hrs ago

In a dramatic escalation of a national crisis, National Guard troops were deployed near the White House Monday evening hours after President Donald Trump said he wanted a military show of force against violent protests gripping the country.

Shortly after, Trump came to the White House Rose Garden to call himself the "law and order" president, saying "domestic terrorism" was to blame for the unrest.

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property," he said. "We will end it now."

He called on governors to use their National Guard military police units to "dominate the streets" and said he would deploy the active duty military if governors failed to use the National Guard more forcefully.

He said he may invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act, which permits a president to deploy military inside the U.S. to deal with civil disorder.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-says-he-is-mobilizing-heavily-armed-military-to-stop-protests/ar-BB14Tw7o?li=BBnb7Kz

About time.

• Like (+1) 2

.....seriously??...um....ok.......SMH..........

PBS reporter faces backlash for telling Trump there's 'no evidence' that anarchists appeared at protests

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

PBS NewsHour White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor faced heavy backlash for insisting that there was "no evidence" that any activity that sparked from the George Floyd protests were the result of "anarchists."

Protests have sparked across the country after last week's police-involved killing of 46-year-old Floyd in Minneapolis. However, riots also broke out that led to the destruction of property, looting, and assaults.

On Sunday, President Trump urged Democratic mayors and governors to take stronger action against who he described were "anarchists" that have caused havoc in recent days.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pbs-yamiche-alcindor-trump-no-evidence-anarchists

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....seriously??...um....ok.......SMH..........

PBS reporter faces backlash for telling Trump there's 'no evidence' that anarchists appeared at protests

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

PBS NewsHour White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor faced heavy backlash for insisting that there was "no evidence" that any activity that sparked from the George Floyd protests were the result of "anarchists."

Protests have sparked across the country after last week's police-involved killing of 46-year-old Floyd in Minneapolis. However, riots also broke out that led to the destruction of property, looting, and assaults.

On Sunday, President Trump urged Democratic mayors and governors to take stronger action against who he described were "anarchists" that have caused havoc in recent days.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pbs-yamiche-alcindor-trump-no-evidence-anarchists

Somebody in the comments said that Floyd was a criminal.

Is there any evidence of that or is it pandering?