Liberal Protests

B-Man

Good job. I prefer, though, that he takes it upon himself and not wait on the do nothing mayors and governors and unleash the military now. Enough jobs and businesses have been lost already. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

made for TV moment indeed....whose inciting who here? I see a boatload of young people standing with their hands up now tear gas and dispersing of peaceful protesters. ..1000's and 1000's of military to be deployed. Percentage of anarchists vs peaceful protesters there is no distinction in the eyes of the law enforcement. How can there be now?

He in no way is protecting peaceful protesters  he wants quiet streets and a return to law and order. On the surface that sounds great but I never thought Id ever see the day a President would seemingly declare war on its own citizens.  All of them Not just the law breakers.  For how long..........to what end.......this is a sad day. Its been an even sadder week. I have a feeling the bloodthirsty amongst you will get your wish.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Good job. I prefer, though, that he takes it upon himself and not wait on the do nothing mayors and governors and unleash the military now. Enough jobs and businesses have been lost already. 

But he can't/shouldn't, constitutionally speaking. 

Trump en route now to the church.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Margarita said:

made for TV moment indeed....whose inciting who here? I see a boatload of young people standing with their hands up now tear gas and dispersing of peaceful protesters. ..1000's and 1000's of military to be deployed. Percentage of anarchists vs peaceful protesters there is no distinction in the eyes of the law enforcement. How can there be now?

He in no way is protecting peaceful protesters  he wants quiet streets and a return to law and order. On the surface that sounds great but I never thought Id ever see the day a President would seemingly declare war on its own citizens.  All of them Not just the law breakers.  For how long..........to what end.......this is a sad day. Its been an even sadder week. I have a feeling the bloodthirsty amongst you will get your wish.

Oh it won’t even go that far. One look at the bad boys and those rioters will wet their pants and scram. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

Now that the anti-Trump coalition has been accusing Trump of doing nothing, of allowing so many of them to loot and pillage, cheered on by their celebrity supporters, and enabled by weak local and state leaders, now will come the claims that he is creating a fascist state.

To be fair, we have been pointing out his fascist leanings for years 

Trump standing there holding up a Bible, oh brother 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

runs both ways BTW..the issue is not Trump/Never Trump..the issue is "you dont think like me, therefore you are stupid" ..its rampant across society, and as this board is a microcosm of society, i will use it as proof.

how in the hell do i not remember this plot line at all. As a degenerate horse player this movie speaks to me...even more so to us of an older generation before simulcasting. 9 races a day brother.

I remember being at Hawthorne one day needing to make a phone call, had to physically leave track grounds to make a call as no pay phones on site..they wanted to make sure people were not placing bets with their book instead of at the track LOL.

BTW, was just joking with my wife earlier in the day, everyone should be forced to spend 2 hours at an OTB bar. Does not matter how much money ya have, what color you are, what religion you are...all that matters is " do ya got a winner?". And let me tell ya, if you an areshole, you will be run out of said bar no matter race , wealth etc. Most democratic, bias free place i regularly spend time at.

Both sides definitely have a predilection to believe the people that don't think like they do are stupid.  Pretty much always been that way.  

But a bigger problem IMHO is that many from the left believe that most everybody on the right are not just dumb but evil.  And, since antifa started up, we're seeing people on the right start to consider that those on the left are evil.

If we all start believing the other guys are evil, it becomes real easy for those in power to keep us fighting each other rather than realizing that we ALL are Americans (realizing not everybody on this board is, apologies to the handful of Canadians, Aussies, Euros, & other that are here), we all want about 90% of the same things and about 1/2 of that remaining 10% we aren't that far off on.  Is it really worth hating someone that you disagree with a lousy 5% of the time?  We need to keep focused on the fact that those of us who we disagree with aren't the enemy.  (Not that you were suggesting otherwise.)

A couple of real encouraging things about these protests is seeing protesters actually turning on the rioters in their midst & also seeing some cops & protesters finding common ground.  That it took having people locked down for over 2 months before this sort of stuff broke out is also something.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

this entire event breaks my heart  the innocents whom have lost so much, the issues that are being brought up need addressing and this action are as well heartbreaking. 

Im sad for our police as well. Not wanting bloodshed is not politically correct in here but make no mistake it will be shed on both sides of this political aisle. And has already. Lord have mercy.

12 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Shirley

Just now, Taro T said:

But a bigger problem IMHO is that many from the left believe that most everybody on the right are not just dumb but evil. 

Well, when the right uses hate to win elections, how else can you see it? If it’s not demonizing muslims for terrorism, yet downplaying right wing terrorism as they are good people, too then they were Hating  gays, hating on the poor, pretending the civil war wasn’t about slavery and slavery wasn’t about racism, scapegoating immigrants and blaming them for a nonexistent crime wave, trying to take health insurance away from 30 million people, trying to find ways to make it harder for minorities to vote, and voting for a president who glorified police brutality, what the hell are people suppose to think? 

Just now, Margarita said:

this entire event breaks my heart  the innocents whom have lost so much, the issues that are being brought up need addressing and this action are as well heartbreaking. 

Im sad for our police as well. Not wanting bloodshed is not politically correct in here but make no mistake it will be shed on both sides of this political aisle. And has already. Lord have mercy.

What was happening before wasn’t working. You cannot allow degenerate criminals to continue on destroying communities.  The number one responsibility of our elected leaders is to protect their constituents.  The local mayors throughout most of the country have been utterly feckless and have failed  and a lot of it is because they are too afraid to be seen going against what they believe is their voting constituency all in the name of identity politics - that and they don’t have the stomach to do what it takes to protect their community.  

You cannot continue to keep doing the same thing over and over without changing the dynamic.   Whether this was the right decision, we will see.   But the dynamic has changed and that is certainly better than what we had yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I am beginning to wonder if ANTIFA has friends in MSM that have helped them fuel the fire too.

If you listened to the questions after the speech the reporters were grilling the girl on the legality of categorizing Antifa as a terrorist group. At the same time why he wasn't more concerned about the white supremacists instigating things. Another total fabrication like they always do.

• Like (+1) 1