Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If you don't like draft dodgers I assume you will not be voting for Uncle Joe since he got 5 deferments for asthma even though he was an RB for the Delaware Blue Hens and worked as a life guard.

If I were an Uncle Joe fan I'd keep my trap shut about the deferments.

I approve of this post. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

WTF???

This is great. The police are reminding everyone that protecting your life and property is completely optional for them. Tax money well spent. Oh, and no "legal" guns for you to defend yourself. I love it. When push comes to shove, everyone is on their own. Our Founding Fathers understood this basic dynamic.

• Like (+1) 1

Police Chief Emotionally Describes How Rioters Set Fire to Building With Child in It, Then Blocked Firefighters Responding

There have been a lot of violent and horrible incidents in these riots, supposedly to remember George Floyd.

The argument that they’re about George Floyd is just flat out stupid, because everyone was talking about him and how wrong what happened to him was, and then the anarchists kicked off the riots and shifted the attention away from where it should have been.

Perhaps the worst result so far has been the killing of Patrick Underwood, a Federal Protective Service officer who was assassinated in Oakland, California by someone seemingly targeting law enforcement during a Floyd protest. Another officer was also wounded in the attack.

Fortunately for Richmond, Virginia and the nation, the police there averted what could have been a horrible tragedy but as it was, was a terrifying effort to apparently kill people including a child.

Richmond Police Chief Will Smith got emotional when he explained how rioters set fire to a multi-family building with people inside, including a child.

According to NBC 12, Chief Smith says last night protesters set fire to a few buildings, including a multi-family residence that was occupied by a child in the 300 block of West Broad Street.

As fire crews were arriving, Smith says protesters blocked the engine from reaching the fire.

“This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to over the last two days,” Smith said. “But they prohibited us from getting on scene. We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. Protestors intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

“When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me, it’s unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department, unacceptable to the city of Richmond,” said Smith.

Smith and the mayor called out the organized nature of outside actors.

QyB35DI0?format=jpg&name=small       The "Good Guys"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I am so exhausted dealing with dishonest portrayals of Trump, started by the media and then parroted by the NPCs (many of which are my friends).  It forces you into a binary, pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

I got into a lengthy discussion with people who I consider to be very far left but can be fair in discussing at at times over the years.  I was dismayed and had to exit the discussion.  Everything in their mind boils down to Trump.  No regard for riots v. protesters, no discussion about these situations versus similar civil unrest in years past, no discussion about the many factors causing us to be where we are today, the decades and generations of failure.  Everything comes down to Trump = evil.  I am so tired of it, I feel like one of the only sane people left in an insane world.

...you should read my relatives' hissy fits on Facebook......this gang is THE ultimate dyed in the wool Dems bunch......we're talking CNN News is gospel and the most trusted source" types...I can' make this stuff up....a cousin who is a prominent DC attorney switched to Republican.......his late mother (my aunt) NEVER spoke to him again before her death.....their Trump vitriol and hatred is beyond reproach.....and....the recent events are all us white folks' fault......"obviously racists...masters of oppression and victimization....guilty of it for decades...." et al.....understand why I haven't been to a relatives' outing in DECADES?.....I had "Covid-19" before it was invented so I couldn't attend....SMH....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

...who delivered the bricks?.....Habitat for Humanity I suppose......

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The police definitely need to choose their battles. Protecting life is a higher priority than protecting property. I'm wondering if that's what the Raleigh Police Chief's comments are referring to?

They are under no legal obligation to risk their lives to defend yours. 

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The police definitely need to choose their battles. Protecting life is a higher priority than protecting property. I'm wondering if that's what the Raleigh Police Chief's comments are referring to?

Does that include protecting the life of rioters?

• Like (+1) 1