Liberal Protests

B-Man

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Look at these exchanges.  Look at what is being insinuated on this board within the last hour.

This place is a stain on Bills fans everywhere - an alt-right dungeon on what used to be the best Bills forum ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

Rep. John Lewis’ Call To End The Riots Rejected By Black Lives Matter Co-Founder

Rep. John Lewis was one of the leaders of the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s. He helped organize the March on Washington with Dr. King. He was beaten by Alabama police after a peaceful march across the Edmund Pettus bridge. Unfortunately, Lewis is suffering from pancreatic cancer, but in the wake of the death of George Floyd and the subsequent riots, he issued a statement

But despite Lewis’ unassailable record as a champion of civil rights for black Americans, his statement has been rejected by many people who think the time for non-violence is over. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution published a piece about some of the reactions titled, “Reactions mixed after Rep. John Lewis rebukes protest violence.” Most of the reactions they cite come from random people on Twitter with small follower counts. But yesterday the New Yorker published a piece containing a reaction by Alicia Garza the co-founder of Black Lives Matter. Garza says she respects Lewis but she clearly thinks he’s wrong to emphasize non-violence:

{snip}

The bottom line is that the non-violent Civil Rights movement of the 1960s is considered out-of-fashion by many on the left today. There is a growing consensus that rioting either doesn’t matter (it’s just property and it’s insured) or might even be a beneficial path to social justice.

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/06/01/rep-john-lewis-call-end-riots-rejected-black-lives-matter-co-founder/

This is what we are dealing with...........

• Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are not alone. I have family members and good friends with which I have always been able to engage in reasonable discussions / debates. I literally cannot have a discussion with any of them any more about politics. Their hatred for Trump is so great that every attempt to introduce anything that might contradict their views is met with pure, raw, angry emotion. I just don't talk politics with any of them anymore.

runs both ways BTW..the issue is not Trump/Never Trump..the issue is "you dont think like me, therefore you are stupid" ..its rampant across society, and as this board is a microcosm of society, i will use it as proof.

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

All I can do is speculate myself. The coordination and timing is like a Swiss watch, especially with the MSM narrative and the censorship. I have hope, but also a lot of speculation. My favorite line from any movie is in "Let It Ride" when Dreyfus is at the stable with the tape of the rigged race being planned out and he confronts the guys to give them the tape back. "Even when you Know, you never know...". Simple but so true as you get older.

how in the hell do i not remember this plot line at all. As a degenerate horse player this movie speaks to me...even more so to us of an older generation before simulcasting. 9 races a day brother.

I remember being at Hawthorne one day needing to make a phone call, had to physically leave track grounds to make a call as no pay phones on site..they wanted to make sure people were not placing bets with their book instead of at the track LOL.

BTW, was just joking with my wife earlier in the day, everyone should be forced to spend 2 hours at an OTB bar. Does not matter how much money ya have, what color you are, what religion you are...all that matters is " do ya got a winner?". And let me tell ya, if you an areshole, you will be run out of said bar no matter race , wealth etc. Most democratic, bias free place i regularly spend time at.

Edited by plenzmd1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

runs both ways BTW..the issue is not Trump/Never Trump..the issue is "you dont think like me, therefore you are stupid" ..its rampant across society, and as this board is a microcosm of society, i will use it as proof.

I think it's an issue caused by the fear of being HONEST about what they think for fear of being publicly shamed.

if no one gave a *****, we'd all be better off.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think it's an issue caused by the fear of being HONEST about what they think for fear of being publicly shamed.

Agreed.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  And we all should be a little more tolerant and thicker-skinned with respect to those with whom we disagree. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Agreed.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  And we all should be a little more tolerant and thicker-skinned with respect to those with whom we disagree. 

I just aged out of that fear. :lol: at this point in my life I've stopped giving a diddly-darn what strangers think of me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Not quite sure what you mean but.....you know I am a Never Trumper. It is amazing the number of people who i have worked with over the years...at many companies and almost all based out the Valley..that have told me they voted for Trump but could let that be known as it could jeopardize their job performance and job security. 

We all realize that our agre starting with the #5 is the biggest risk to  employment status in the Valley, but being MAGA might be in second place LOL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not quite sure what you mean but.....you know I am a Never Trumper. It is amazing the number of people who i have worked with over the years...at many companies and almost all based out the Valley..that have told me they voted for Trump but could let that be known as it could jeopardize their job performance and job security. 

We all realize that our agre starting with the #5 is the biggest risk to  employment status in the Valley, but being MAGA might be in second place LOL.

Take a look at the COVID shamers. Anyone who dared to express concerns about the effectiveness of lockdowns etc., was roundly criticized as a "science denier."

That kind of bull#### goes on ALL the time nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

how in the hell do i not remember this plot line at all. As a degenerate horse player this movie speaks to me...even more so to us of an older generation before simulcasting. 9 races a day brother.

I remember being at Hawthorne one day needing to make a phone call, had to physically leave track grounds to make a call as no pay phones on site..they wanted to make sure people were not placing bets with their book instead of at the track LOL.

BTW, was just joking with my wife earlier in the day, everyone should be forced to spend 2 hours at an OTB bar. Does not matter how much money ya have, what color you are, what religion you are...all that matters is " do ya got a winner?". And let me tell ya, if you an areshole, you will be run out of said bar no matter race , wealth etc. Most democratic, bias free place i regularly spend time at.

Thank you. Good times. Have a good one brother. 

• Like (+1) 1

I guess this is the George Floyd thread?

Family autopsy: Floyd asphyxiated by sustained pressure

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/attorney-says-family-commissioned-autopsy-shows-george-floyd-died-of-asphyxia-due-to-neck-and-back-compression/ar-BB14Tr7v?ocid=msedgntp

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An autopsy commissioned for George Floyd’s family found that he died of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression when a Minneapolis police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck for several minutes and ignored his cries of distress, the family’s attorneys said Monday.

• Like (+1) 1

Over a decade ago when my daughter was in high school and old enough to understand I explained to her that the American experiment relied on three really simple bedrock concepts: first is the idea that you swear to tell the truth in court proceedings, second is the peaceful transition of power, and third is a civilized respect for authority. The Left has pretty much abandoned all of three principles now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

This place is a stain on Bills fans everywhere - an alt-right dungeon on what used to be the best Bills forum ever.

Define Alt-Right.

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

***** you!!

:D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Over a decade ago when my daughter was in high school and old enough to understand I explained to her that the American experiment relied on three really simple bedrock concepts: first is the idea that you swear to tell the truth in court proceedings, second is the peaceful transition of power, and third is a civilized respect for authority. The Left has pretty much abandoned all of three principles now. 

1.  Mike Flynn. 

2.  "Rigged election!" 

3.  Ignore the constitution with the border wall national emergency declaration.  

It's just the left, eh?

EDIT:  To be fair, Flynn didn't lie in open court.  But the concept is basically the same. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From the start there has not been one person defending the cops who killed Floyd. Not one. 

I think anyone who takes the MSM or any government agency(including the WHO, CDC etc) at face value is way behind the curve these days. Naive at best. Full blown statist at worst.

• Like (+1) 3