Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We’ve been here but I’ll restate. If you’re standing outside your business armed very little good will come of it. We do not want to even come close to making a martyr out of any of these jackasses. Give me ***** but if your business is burned there is a great chance you will get the funds to rebuild. I say stay away and let bright lights shine on these *****sticks. 

It's just a choice, so I have no reason to give you ****. What I do know is that if my company was under attack by a bunch of hired thugs, every one of my employees would be armed and by my side to protect it, and it has little do with much of anything other than standing up for what we've built and letting everyone know we will not just let anyone destroy it just to avoid a bad scene. 

Sixteen years we've been sacrificing and building this company for everyone and their families. Most of us have been together for 25 years. No one gets to destroy our company based on the great chance I'll get funds to rebuild it.

But again, it's a choice I make as a small business owner. You would choose to let it go. Just a different choice.

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Soon, state and local governments will want bailouts for this too. The bigger the mess, the bigger the bailout. Not much incentive to prevent  catastrophe anymore. It's a profitable business model. Not for us of course, but that is the point after all. At least the bankers are safe. Always have been, always will.

If the feds (finally) say no to more money, does that mean the next time this happens mayors will not have police stand down?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If the feds (finally) say no to more money, does that mean the next time this happens mayors will not have police stand down?

Among the current crop of mayors, who knows, but perhaps elections would have better consequences with less free money floating around to clean up the mess of so many apathetic people living with latent sociopathy in their neighborhoods. I still have hope.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mayor Moron Destroys America’s Major Cities

by John C. Wohlstetter

Original Article

Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity. — Willian Butler Yeats, “The Second Coming” 

Can you make this stuff up? Here is the city’s message in full, issued May 28, after several days/nights of rioting. Here is the final sentence: The city urges everyone to exercise caution and stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

More at the link:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Mayor Moron Destroys America’s Major Cities

by John C. Wohlstetter

Original Article

Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity. — Willian Butler Yeats, “The Second Coming” 

Can you make this stuff up? Here is the city’s message in full, issued May 28, after several days/nights of rioting. Here is the final sentence: The city urges everyone to exercise caution and stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

More at the link:

Catering to these simpletons.....

Questions raised over masked white man with umbrella seen calmly smashing windows before Minneapolis riots

by Oliver O'Connell

Original Article

As protests and unrest continued in Minneapolis following the killing of George Floyd, people are questioning the identity of a man filmed smashing windows. Footage emerged of the white man, dressed all in black, and in gloves and boots, calmly smashing the windows of an auto parts store with a large hammer. His face is obscured by an expensive-looking gas mask and he is also holding an open black umbrella — although it was not raining. Twitter quickly christened him 'Umbrella Man'. The strange choice of clothes for a warm day, combined with the high quality gas mask, raised suspicions.

Too bad no one thought to arrest him..........

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's just a choice, so I have no reason to give you ****. What I do know is that if my company was under attack by a bunch of hired thugs, every one of my employees would be armed and by my side to protect it, and it has little do with much of anything other than standing up for what we've built and letting everyone know we will not just let anyone destroy it just to avoid a bad scene. 

Sixteen years we've been sacrificing and building this company for everyone and their families. Most of us have been together for 25 years. No one gets to destroy our company based on the great chance I'll get funds to rebuild it.

But again, it's a choice I make as a small business owner. You would choose to let it go. Just a different choice.

And hey, if we can't protect ourselves and our property then what's the ***** point? I'm tired of lawlessness in this decadent, failing society.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...damn right......they'll be a pot of gold coming from Pelosi ala "Let's Be Friends Trillions"......."our ill fated society has victimized you far too long, so we now have to pay up"......hell even Leo Tyrell, a vociferous African American civil rights attorney shamed the Dems' inaction because "they don't want to lose the black vote"....preserve that vote and screw everybody else.....we are on the precipice of becoming a third rate country of lawlessness......

the pot of golds already there.  

700 a week for unemployment or lump sums of 4400 ish are being handed out 

no one wants to show up to work.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And hey, if we can't protect ourselves and our property then what's the ***** point? I'm tired of lawlessness in this decadent, failing society.

After four nights without police presence, Minneapolis neighborhoods protect themselves

Star Tribune [Minneapolis, MN], by Liz Sawyer *

Original Article

After four long nights without assistance from first responders in the wake of riots and looting after the death of George Floyd, Longfellow residents decided to take matters into their own hands. Many coordinated efforts to block off side streets along this stretch of East Lake Street, using caution tape, saw horses and makeshift barricades to protect residential areas from rioters.(Snip) In Longfellow, Hillary Oppmann watched vandals loot the corner Walgreens for three straight nights without interference before arsonists finally lit it on fire last night. Firefighters didn’t make it to the scene for more than 7 hours. “We can’t lose anymore community assets,

When push comes to shove, we're all on our own.

Doubly so when state and local leaders side with the rioters who want to tear it all down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Judging by these riots, I'd say one good thing has occurred. The pandemic must be over. Do we get released from house arrest yet, or do we have to riot too?

I said this yesterday lol. It’s over. Get people back to work. Too much free time leads to doing dumb things. It’s happening in front of our eyes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't worry, the police are on their way.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

After four nights without police presence, Minneapolis neighborhoods protect themselves

Star Tribune [Minneapolis, MN], by Liz Sawyer *

Original Article

After four long nights without assistance from first responders in the wake of riots and looting after the death of George Floyd, Longfellow residents decided to take matters into their own hands. Many coordinated efforts to block off side streets along this stretch of East Lake Street, using caution tape, saw horses and makeshift barricades to protect residential areas from rioters.(Snip) In Longfellow, Hillary Oppmann watched vandals loot the corner Walgreens for three straight nights without interference before arsonists finally lit it on fire last night. Firefighters didn’t make it to the scene for more than 7 hours. “We can’t lose anymore community assets,

When push comes to shove, we're all on our own.

Doubly so when state and local leaders side with the rioters who want to tear it all down.

That is the ice cold truth. When civilization crumbles around you, you are the only one that can defend yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

E7LexPCo_normal.jpg

Justin Timberlake

@jtimberlake
· 17h
Please join me in supporting the Minneapolis protestors by donating to the @mnfreedomfund. The freedom fund is combatting the harms of incarceration by paying bail for low income individuals who cannot otherwise afford: https://minnesotafreedomfund.org

wrong thing to do right now
  • Thank you (+1) 1