Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Because clearly all they did was chase him. It's not like they knocked him out cold, curb stomped his unconscious head and left him in the street a bloody mess. If I'm being "chased" by those *****, you're damn right they'll be dodging hot lead as they're chasing me

Great. So you’re going to show up at violent protest with a gun. What ever could go wrong?  

Hot lead. ?

We can dance around any number of suggestions/recommendations after the fact; isn't the real issue extremist groups that, in a sense, lay in wait for an issue then pounce on it?  Are there any forward thinking officials in our various governments with a macro view of our society beyond just the deep partisan divides that characterize every important issue?  

Is there anything, other than one's reelection, that is important enough to garner a bipartisan approach to its resolution?

Not yet....

Edited by Keukasmallies
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Has anyone done an analysis of the events that occurred this weekend in major cities across the country and if any city successfully thwarted the violent agitators?

Good question.

I also want to see the responses based on the city's mayor's political affiliation. Then, the governor's political affiliation.  Were D or R tougher on these criminals? Was it all catch and release? Who funded the looting and rioting?

Lots of questions, few answers right now. The last thing normal people want is another summer of '68.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Great. So you’re going to show up at violent protest with a gun. What ever could go wrong?  

Hot lead. ?

If I find myself in a position where I need to defend my home or business from looters, and I expect I’ll be brutalized in the process, they’ll need to step over a stack of bodies to get to me.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree. They need to go after the money men though, just like a drug cartel. You need to get the head of the snake.

FULL DISCLOSURE:...I'm an old school dinosaur like crustacean at age 67.......but I loathe this chest thumping "tough talk" followed by the pussification of inaction....

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

If I find myself in a position where I need to defend my home or business from looters, and I expect I’ll be brutalized in the process, they’ll need to step over a stack of bodies to get to me.

...picking up my AR-15 NY legal pea shooter on Friday......my son built me one and KEPT IT......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That would be great if that was the scenario here. But it’s not. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because they're uncivilized thugs and lawless?

And him?  

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Unfortunately, he won't get anymore than a passing mention in the MSM, most will never even know his name, and his death won't matter to most people outside those who knew him and loved him.

His death doesn't fit any national narrative....

Rest in Peace, Mr. Underwood. Our thoughts and prayers are as much with your family as they are with the families of George Floyd and anyone else victimized by the same thing: Specific individuals who are indifferent to human life and have no problems cruelly ending one for their own self-serving interests.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

GTFOH

I had a question for you, being in law enforcement and seeming like a reasonable poster.

I am curious, is there any internal mechanisms to deal with officers who get a little too extreme in carrying out their duty?  ie fellow officers reporting heavy handedness and working within the system to help the reported officer adjust their responses before it becomes a problem?

Or does it need external evidence, video or citizen complaints/charges, to precipitate internal action?  TIA

Edited by GaryPinC

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

FULL DISCLOSURE:...I'm an old school dinosaur like crustacean at age 67.......but I loathe this chest thumping "tough talk" followed by the pussification of inaction....

Agreed. But, these are not organic "protests." They are ginned up riots. The advertising was out days ago (I mentioned it in this thread days ago). They were advertising for people to come "protest" in major cities across the US. Now, toss in some paid Antifa, and BOOM!

People have a right to peaceful assembly. They do not have a right to  set fires to building, break and enter, loot, assault or kill. Whoever is funding this *cough* should be brought up on charges. Now, find them. Which is not going to be easy even though everyone "knows" who it starts with. And, you've got to be able to prove they are funding these riots. The money men (women) can afford some pretty high-priced legal talent. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...picking up my AR-15 NY legal pea shooter on Friday......my son built me one and KEPT IT......

Jeez, you give the kid life and he won’t spot you an AR-15? ?

My brother was out driving around Roch last night, called me and I told him about the problems I read about here.  He said he had just seen several police cars speeding past and thought there was an accident ahead.  His next reply was “Frig....I don’t have my gun with me.”   

Late 50s, tough enough guy, never thought I’d ever hear my brother utter those words in Suburban Rochester.  Btw he didn’t say “Frig”....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What about him?

What did he do to get chased down?

Of course you don’t know. Did he deserve it?  Who knows but advocating shooting someone does not make you a tough guy. IMO it makes you an idiot and a HUGE part of the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Unfortunately, he won't get anymore than a passing mention in the MSM, most will never even know his name, and his death won't matter to most people outside those who knew him and loved him.

His death doesn't fit any national narrative....

Rest in Peace, Mr. Underwood. Our thoughts and prayers are as much with your family as they are with the families of George Floyd and anyone else victimized by the same thing: Specific individuals who are indifferent to human life and have no problems cruelly ending one for their own self-serving interests.

I got a Facebook  post from a friend in CA before she had to pull it for safety reasons. There was another officer shot  with Mr. Underwood. It is her first husband, the father of her  children. The men were guarding the Federal Building in Oakland when someone  did a drive-by. Underwood died but the other officer underwent surgery and  is recovering in the hospital.

Edited by Wacka
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1