Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..maybe our on board counselor Koko78 can weigh in on the other three.....I'm assuming the prosecutorial proceedings are a bit more complex as far as what charges are applicable...I'll surmise there is a ton of evidentiary review happening relative to applicable charges as they are apparently complicit in some way....failure to intervene?....are they complicit?.....are they an accessory?.......the Georgia case indicted the purported "good samaritan" filming the jogger's murder with similar charges.....now add in the FBI/Fed involvement as far as potential Civil Rights violations......I would think Minnesota state prosecutors want to make sure every "I" is dotted and every "T" is crossed with appror=priate charges as well as a fulll understanding of Minnesota Appeals Court tendencies, certainly anticipating appeals.......Fed civil charges are another ball game IMO......

I’d like to know why he was arrested in the first place. I’ve heard two stories, he forged a check and then he tried passing counterfeit money. If the later, they’d have to know he knew the money was fake, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, sitting with Jeffery Epstein drinking a beer somewhere 

After he stopped breathing they didn’t even bother doing CPR or anything. They were like, oh well 

That's one of the strange things about it. Too casual. The guys(cop and victim) worked together. 3 cops just standing around while the guy expires. Just as covid is winding down they need something else to distract us.I also think they need something like this for Biden to virtue signal on. Since I watch almost no MSM has he started to link this to Trump yet? Have they checked the killer cop's Facebook page? Maybe he's a MAGA hat wearer? 

What always make me skeptical of this racist cop crap is the real truth. That is more whites get killed by cops than blacks do. (check out copblock.org).

Check out FBI stats for that not any left or right website. This being the case why is it only the incidents when a black dude gets killed does the msm and in turn, everyone else go crazy. The lie is that this only happens to blacks. That's what makes me think this is a planned event because they know what the narrative is and it's being exploited to create instability, chaos.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’d like to know why he was arrested in the first place. I’ve heard two stories, he forged a check and then he tried passing counterfeit money. If the later, they’d have to know he knew the money was fake, right? 

...in the big picture, it is immaterial to me....somebody posted his nationwide rap sheet here.......multiple infractions and probably a career criminal, but I don't recall anything heinous.......regardless, he should not have been suffocated to death period IMO......there was another post (unsubstantiated?) that the cop and the victim knew each other and perhaps worked side jobs together.....if IF so, that purported relationship may add more to the motive of the cop's actions because as they stand, it was beyond "over the top"......AND...may help to explain why the other three did not intervene.....I'm thinking there is a TON we do NOT know about YET..........

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Or...Maybe....

The police officers in this instance do not represent all law enforcement officers and the blacks participating in the looting, arson, and other criminal behavior do not represent all blacks...

Come on billsfan.

You can be an intelligent poster.

How many cops knew this guy was a lose cannon and did nothing, so they get tarred with it too. Of course most officers are not racists and all blacks are not violent and dangerous druggies.

BUT, if other officers know, which they do, and say nothing, or the command know and the blue line blocks the truth then should all be tarred.

I am not a religious guy, but I pray that the US can just find a way to understand and respect each other. It is hard to imagine with the leadership you have today

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Or...Maybe....

The police officers in this instance do not represent all law enforcement officers and the blacks participating in the looting, arson, and other criminal behavior do not represent all blacks...

Right....as they didn't in Baltimore two years ago either...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't know that for sure.  If the woman on MSNBC is right about them having known and worked together at a restaurant for over a decade, this could be personal & might be more like Murder 1.

Not sure how Minnesota's laws work, but if they were thinking they might be bringing charges that serious against the cop, that could explain the delay on arresting/ charging him.  

And, though an ordinary citizen would likely "get arrested ... on the spot" would they necessarily have been charged on the spot as well? Maybe one of our actual lawyers like @Koko78 could weigh in on that.  Because if they wouldn't necessarily get charged right away, then "arresting" them really doesn't add anything to the eventual serving of justice.

All 4 of these cops were fired.  Not just put on leave, but actually fired.  That says, IMHO, something additional is on its way.

Looking at the Minnesota homicide statutes, it seems that Murder 3rd and Manslaughter 1st are the most appropriate charges. It would appear that there could be an argument for Murder 2nd, but I would have to do more research than I am interested in. Murder 1st doesn't look like a viable charge, from what I know of the facts. That they may have known each other is of no real moment.

Murder 1st

Murder 2nd

Murder 3rd

Manslaughter 1st

As for arresting him on the spot, that's a far more tricky question. It's hard to judge, in the heat of the moment, whether an officer's actions were justifiable, and it does no one any good to make a snap decision to arrest an officer on the scene. He certainly should have been immediately suspended (or put on a desk job) pending investigation, but arresting him on the spot wasn't likely reasonable - especially if the other officers were claiming Mr. Floyd was resisting. Cops are authorized to use force in situations where Joe Citizen is not, so it's not always an easy spot call until all the facts are in.

I am quite surprised that they fired all 4 officers so fast. That would never happen in NY, with all the civil service protection rules and procedures.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Looking at the Minnesota homicide statutes, it seems that Murder 3rd and Manslaughter 1st are the most appropriate charges. It would appear that there could be an argument for Murder 2nd, but I would have to do more research than I am interested in. Murder 1st doesn't look like a viable charge, from what I know of the facts. That they may have known each other is of no real moment.

Murder 1st

Murder 2nd

Murder 3rd

Manslaughter 1st

As for arresting him on the spot, that's a far more tricky question. It's hard to judge, in the heat of the moment, whether an officer's actions were justifiable, and it does no one any good to make a snap decision to arrest an officer on the scene. He certainly should have been immediately suspended (or put on a desk job) pending investigation, but arresting him on the spot wasn't likely reasonable - especially if the other officers were claiming Mr. Floyd was resisting. Cops are authorized to use force in situations where Joe Citizen is not, so it's not always an easy spot call until all the facts are in.

I am quite surprised that they fired all 4 officers so fast. That would never happen in NY, with all the civil service protection rules and procedures.

Think it goes to trial? 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..maybe our on board counselor Koko78 can weigh in on the other three.....I'm assuming the prosecutorial proceedings are a bit more complex as far as what charges are applicable...I'll surmise there is a ton of evidentiary review happening relative to applicable charges as they are apparently complicit in some way....failure to intervene?....are they complicit?.....are they an accessory?.......the Georgia case indicted the purported "good samaritan" filming the jogger's murder with similar charges.....now add in the FBI/Fed involvement as far as potential Civil Rights violations......I would think Minnesota state prosecutors want to make sure every "I" is dotted and every "T" is crossed with appror=priate charges as well as a fulll understanding of Minnesota Appeals Court tendencies, certainly anticipating appeals.......Fed civil charges are another ball game IMO......

Unfortunately, without doing a lot of research into Minnesota law, I cannot really speculate or opine on potential charges for the other 3 cops. I do not know what their standards are for accessoral liability, what the legal duty of their police is in this type of situation, what other potential crimes may be applicable, etc.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Or...Maybe....

but it’s so much more convenient - and makes for such snappy facebook posts - when we can paint everyone with the same broad brush!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Think it goes to trial? 

Politically, for the DA I think it almost has to. There would be a completely justifiable riot if the ex-cop was offered a sweetheart plea deal to go away.

The civil suit will be more interesting. If I'm the city, I'm gassing up the Brinks truck to back up to the family's doorstep to settle quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Murder 1st

Murder 2nd

Murder 3rd

Manslaughter 1st

...I defer to you as our respected legal expert.....I would think that there was a ton of prosecutorial ground work to be done, reviewing evidence available et al to bring the proper level charges.....who knows the tendencies of the Minnesota Appeals Court better than MN prosecutors?.....I assume there were meticulous in bringing charges that best fit and could stick......I assume the other three represent a different challenge although them being complicit somehow is obvious....is failing to intervene aiding and abetting?.....or accessories?..well beyond my pay grade......and do the Feds bring charges under civil rights violation code(s)?.......Koko my friend, you would certainly know best, but this does not sound like an "overnight homework assignment" to me......

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

You’re right - we should never inconvenience the White people.  

SMH

If you think the victims of looting, vandalism, shootings and assaults are exclusively white, you’re part of the problem, not the solution. 

If you think watching what typically represents a lifetime of work, sweat, blood and sacrifice burn to the ground represents a mere “inconvenience”, you’re a fool. If you’re simple enough to not consider the ramifications of widespread looting, violence and destruction on a community, of the jobs lost, buildings abandoned, major retailers deciding it’s not worth the effort to rebuild there...ah, whatever.  Keep on with your silliness.  People of depth, character and consideration for their fellow man  will do the best they can to go around you. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Identifying phony money takes a glorified magic marker and fingers to use it.  If you lack fingers, you can hold the marker with your teeth. 

I’ve been on the receiving end of that scenario,  mine was a hundo discovered at a bank.  Irritating as crap, but a cost of doing business.  In the grand scheme of things...you shouldn’t steal from people by passing bad checks or forged $$$, that causes them to call the police, the police come to check things out, and it should go smoothly from there.  

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Identifying phony money takes a glorified magic marker and fingers to use it.  If you lack fingers, you can hold the marker with your teeth. 

I’ve been on the receiving end of that scenario,  mine was a hundo discovered at a bank.  Irritating as crap, but a cost of doing business.  In the grand scheme of things...you shouldn’t steal from people by passing bad checks or forged $$$, that causes them to call the police, the police come to check things out, and it should go smoothly from there.  

or the low-tech version, run your fingernail lightly over Hamilton / Jackson / Grant / Franklin’s collar (assuming the bill is from the 70s or later).  If you can feel the raised ink, it’s real.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Unfortunately, without doing a lot of research into Minnesota law, I cannot really speculate or opine on potential charges for the other 3 cops. I do not know what their standards are for accessoral liability, what the legal duty of their police is in this type of situation, what other potential crimes may be applicable, etc.

We also don’t know what those cops saw and might have been doing at the time.  Any criminal liability with respect to those actors is a lot murkier.  

the speculation here is that the ME’s report was the catalyst for the arrest.  As soon as that was in and the prosecutor was comfortable on causation the trigger was pulled on the arrest.  The last thing anyone would want here is an arrest and charges defeated by an ME report attributing death to an OD or an underlying medical event.  

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Reasonable cause to believe it was counterfeit, more likely than not.