Liberal Protests

B-Man

5 hours ago, Magox said:

Looks like Twitter has made their decision and are ready to pick this battle.

The city is literally burning down and the mayor and governor has completely abdicated any sense of rule and law for their city and community.

It's a disgrace.

Wait until they ask Pelosi for COVID money to help repair the city.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

I know I will be told it is non of my business by the likes of Rhino, and I am just way to liberal ( I am not a liberal),

You’re not a liberal, we agree. 

You’re a man who’s too deeply stupid to know he’s a fascist. 

Difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I agree that guns make cops jobs way more dangerous and guns are the reason cops are so afraid and open fire too easily at times. Good point. Mr. Saturday Night Special is a song of truth 

How would I be able to do that count to get a percentage? Really dumb question 

Except....every person in America save the very young and addled know the rules of engagement.  The officer approaches not knowing anything about you, what your intent is, what weapons you may have, your tolerance for engagement and or whether or not you will end his/her life in that moment.  Obviously, most interactions are benign, and I've seen tons of videos of police officers stopping some dipshyt wannabe attorney looking for a confrontation over tinted windows or a frigging speeding ticket.  

That's why the established rules work very well.  Hands where the officer can see them, don't make any sudden movements, don't approach the officer.  I'd add to that know your rights, because that's wise in any situation.  Deny the right to search your vehicle, ask about being detained etc etc.  

The challenge is often that a guy like Michael Brown is elevated to martyr status when it seems obvious his plan was to beat Officer Wilson to death, to secure his firearm and perhaps use it on him.  Yet, he a hero to the cause when a reasonable reading of the situation was that it ended exactly the way it could be predicted to end, one of the two I involved was going to be dead.

Trayvon Martin....Obama famously said Trayvon could look like his son. Well, these days, he could look like mine as well.  The lesson to be learned there isn't about some powerful lesson in racism by a white guy, it's the message every father or mother should impart to their children.  You may be intent to give someone a lickin and be on your way, the problem is he may be intent on taking your life.  It's a sad story,but it plays out in America all the time.  Meanwhile, the flames of racial divisiveness are fanned by our leaders.

• Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Arrests, charges, or any other aspect of the legal process should never be driven by emotion at any level. It should proceed as the facts and the law decide.

Particularly when that emotion is misplaced and being fanned for reasons that have nothing to do with justice.

These officers will be arrested and charged if and when the process dictates.

Again you are correct when the process dictates but what appears to be different processes for different people. Many Citizens feel this, as members of your society they need to be heard and listened to. Failure for citizens to solve the reality or appearance of reality will only cause greater damage to your society. It cannot be solved by physical power, political power or you become no better than China. 

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geez people! I’ve read through pages and pages of posts on this topic going down every possible tangential rabbit hole....so let me ask you, if your employer was handed a video of you killing an unarmed man in broad daylight while at work, would they take the time to FIRE you down in good old Human Resources, or would they have you ARRESTED? I’m pretty sure they’d have you arrested. Had the City of Minneapolis done that on the afternoon of the incident, none of the rest of these discussions are necessary!

I agree.  There's not much doubt in this case that they should have been arrested.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

I agree.  There's not much doubt in this case that they should have been arrested.  

A CNN reporter was arrested this morning for... reporting. Live and on camera.

The cops are still free.

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

Again you are correct when the process dictates but what appears to be different processes for different people. Many Citizens feel this, as members of your society they need to be heard and listened to. Failure for citizens to solve the reality or appearance of reality will only cause greater damage to your society. It cannot be solved by physical power, political power or you become no better than China. 

Members of society do need to be heard and listened to. They don't have any right to dictate who gets arrested and charged or when they get arrested and charged. The goal of the process should be justice. When justice is driven by emotion, you end up with lynch mobs.

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Arrests, charges, or any other aspect of the legal process should never be driven by emotion at any level. It should proceed as the facts and the law decide.

Particularly when that emotion is misplaced and being fanned for reasons that have nothing to do with justice.

These officers will be arrested and charged if and when the process dictates.

You believe that that’s what would happen to you? Really? The ‘process’ would dictate? 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Except....every person in America save the very young and addled know the rules of engagement.  The officer approaches not knowing anything about you, what your intent is, what weapons you may have, your tolerance for engagement and or whether or not you will end his/her life in that moment.  Obviously, most interactions are benign, and I've seen tons of videos of police officers stopping some dipshyt wannabe attorney looking for a confrontation over tinted windows or a frigging speeding ticket.  

That's why the established rules work very well.  Hands where the officer can see them, don't make any sudden movements, don't approach the officer.  I'd add to that know your rights, because that's wise in any situation.  Deny the right to search your vehicle, ask about being detained etc etc.  

The challenge is often that a guy like Michael Brown is elevated to martyr status when it seems obvious his plan was to beat Officer Wilson to death, to secure his firearm and perhaps use it on him.  Yet, he a hero to the cause when a reasonable reading of the situation was that it ended exactly the way it could be predicted to end, one of the two I involved was going to be dead.

Trayvon Martin....Obama famously said Trayvon could look like his son. Well, these days, he could look like mine as well.  The lesson to be learned there isn't about some powerful lesson in racism by a white guy, it's the message every father or mother should impart to their children.  You may be intent to give someone a lickin and be on your way, the problem is he may be intent on taking your life.  It's a sad story,but it plays out in America all the time.  Meanwhile, the flames of racial divisiveness are fanned by our leaders.

The flood of guns on the streets has made life dangerous for cops, right? 

No wonder they shoot unarmed people, they are afraid for their lives because of guns. 

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Members of society do need to be heard and listened to. They don't have any right to dictate who gets arrested and charged or when they get arrested and charged. The goal of the process should be justice. When justice is driven by emotion, you end up with lynch mobs.

Huh? We the people? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The flood of guns on the streets has made life dangerous for cops, right? 

No wonder they shoot unarmed people, they are afraid for their lives because of guns. 

Mr Floyd was shot? I must’ve missed that part of the video. This all makes way more sense now!

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You believe that that’s what would happen to you? Really? The ‘process’ would dictate? 

Actually, I can tell you for a fact that there are plenty of instances in which people commit violent acts for which they are not immediately arrested. 

My stance is the same for everyone. Keep emotion out of the process.

If you were suspected of having done something for which you could be arrested, would you want those decisions made by those responsible for making those kinds of decisions, or would you prefer public opinion dictate those decisions?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, I can tell you for a fact that there are plenty of instances in which people commit violent acts for which they are not immediately arrested. 

Why was the black reporter arrested right away for a non-violent "crime"?

Edited by Warren Zevon
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

My stance is the same for everyone. Keep emotion out of the process.

If you were suspected of having done something for which you could be arrested, would you want those decisions made by those responsible for making those kinds of decisions, or would you prefer public opinion dictate those decisions?

What? Let me see if I understand. When the police respond to guy robbing a liquor store, you don’t expect him to be arrested on the spot and walked away in handcuffs? You believe “the process” should allow itself to play out? OK

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

Why was the black reporter arrested right away?

Why were all the black citizens caught on film looting, setting fires, vandalizing, assaulting officers with bottles and other objects not arrested right away?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I absolutely and unequivocally support the burning of the police station and any and all other government structures, and the terrorization of government officials, specifically police, in relation to this.

Government needs to be afraid of its people.  Terrified, in fact.

And if you have 10 bad cops, and 1000 good cops, but the 1000 good cops protect the 10 bad cops, then you have 1010 bad cops.  Bad cops should be tarred and feathered.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why were all the black citizens caught on film looting, setting fires, vandalizing, assaulting officers with bottles and other objects not arrested right away?

You already know why. 

Why was the reporter arrested on the spot for a non-violent act? 

Edited by Warren Zevon

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mr Floyd was shot? I must’ve missed that part of the video. This all makes way more sense now!

Wow, he was shot! I thought he was choked!

Damn, why is the liberal media hiding this truth? Only Tibs knows the real truth! 

Tell us more, Tibs! Tell us more! :lol:

Damn, stupid should hurt like hell.