Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Correct. They have not released the bodycam footage yet. We cannot confirm they were even turned on. 

Also, where is the toxicology report??

I'd bet money the cause of death was not asphyxiation or anything related to the officer's knee. Itd make a lot of things make sense. It would make people razing their own city make even less sense

Just now, Tiberius said:

I never said a word about percentages, all I said was video made things better, and you went wild with all this other stuff 

Actually, you said "Cops use to get away with this stuff easily," "and more. Brutality, thuggery etc." 

It sounds as if you feel this type of behavior is commonplace for police without cameras. So, I simply asked what percentage you think are like that.

Simple enough question. I didn't go wild about anything. I simply gave you my answer to the same question I posed to you.

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sure they did.  Racism is an emotional animal, propensity for violence falls into the same category.  In highly charged and often violent confrontations, it seems almost beyond reason that suddenly the rogue officer intent on doing another harm calms down, realizes his camera is on and settles down until the camera is off so he can victimize at will.  

Most of the alleged acts of violence involve highly charged situations, where there is almost always a precursor.  Someone reaches for something in their pocket.  Suspicious activity leads to a call for the police and the perp turns and charged the cop.  Use of a motor vehicle.  The argument is “you should have known the guy running through backyards,acting suspiciously enough that citizens called to report him, was simply reaching for a stick of juicy fruit when ordered to stand down and out hands up”.  What’s really being said to law enforcement is “You need to risk your life and take the chance you’ll be ok in virtually every situation”. 

Rarely in a country of 300,000,000+ million people do you see a GF scenario.  It’s a statistical outlier, and frankly, usually plays out like this.  Video emerges, but the video is incomplete.  We miss what happened before, or lose 3-4 minutes of critical information, information surely relevant to the prosecution of the crime.  

Meanwhile, cops are assassinated as they respond to the scene of domestic violence calls, traffic stops, parades in major cities.  Shot in the head, shot in the back, sons and mothers and daughters and brothers who are active members of vibrant communities. It doesn’t make the news to any great degree, there are no stories about the collective assault mentality, no deep dive into the seething hatred against innocent people just trying to do a job. 

I agree that guns make cops jobs way more dangerous and guns are the reason cops are so afraid and open fire too easily at times. Good point. Mr. Saturday Night Special is a song of truth 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, you said "Cops use to get away with this stuff easily," "and more. Brutality, thuggery etc." 

It sounds as if you feel this type of behavior is commonplace for police without cameras. So, I simply asked what percentage you think are like that.

Simple enough question. I didn't go wild about anything. I simply gave you my answer to the same question I posed to you.

How would I be able to do that count to get a percentage? Really dumb question 

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Correct. They have not released the bodycam footage yet. We cannot confirm they were even turned on. 

Also, where is the toxicology report??

There’s only one video I’ve seen that was taken from the other side of the squad car. From that angle you can clearly see that two of the officers are struggling to hold Mr Floyd down at his feet. The third officer infamously has him pinned by the neck. The fourth officer is just standing there watching the struggle. Not sure what was going on but there was definitely a struggle.

With that said, at a minimum, the officer at his neck should’ve been arrested virtually immediately. (Remember, that’s not convicted....but arrested.)

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s only one video I’ve seen that was taken from the other side of the squad car. From that angle you can clearly see that two of the officers are struggling to hold Mr Floyd down at his feet. The third officer infamously has him pinned by the neck. The fourth officer is just standing there watching the struggle. Not sure what was going on but there was definitely a struggle.

With that said, at a minimum, the officer at his neck should’ve been arrested virtually immediately. (Remember, that’s not convicted....but arrested.)

Would you struggle if you could not breathe and about to die ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I agree that guns make cops jobs way more dangerous and guns are the reason cops are so afraid and open fire too easily at times. Good point. Mr. Saturday Night Special is a song of truth 

How would I be able to do that count to get a percentage? Really dumb question 

The percentage is an opinion Tibs, you know, something you have no problem sharing on every topic under the sun.

I'll share a couple more opinions based on the bolded above :

(1) I think it tells us exactly what you think of law enforcement officers

(2) You are a never ending fountain of ignorance

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

It's an opinion Tibs, you know, something you have no problem sharing on every topic under the sun.

I'll share a couple more opinions based on the bolded above :

(1) I think it tells us exactly what you think of law enforcement officers

(2) You are a never ending fountain of ignorance

You seriously don’t agree that wide and easy availability of guns make cops jobs more difficult? Cops are people too and don’t want to get shot. 

Just now, ALF said:

Yes, I would. I’m not making a judgement here. That video, which doesn’t capture the entire incident, joins the scence, only after Mr Floyd is pinned at the neck. There’s no way to tell (at least not from that angle) what was actually going on or led to all three officers restraining a handcuffed man face down on the pavement with video-in-hand bystanders staring right at them in broad daylight. But again.....there’s no excuse for the actions of the officer at his neck.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You seriously don’t agree that wide and easy availability of guns make cops jobs more difficult? Cops are people too and don’t want to get shot. 

How does this discussion have ANY relevance to the arrest of Mr Floyd? Was he reaching for a gun when he was lying face down in the pavement in handcuffs?

Just now, Tiberius said:

The availability of weapons to criminals has always been there and is certainly a consideration by officers in any encounter. There will always be instances where an officer fears for his/her life and uses deadly force when, in a review of the facts, it really wasn't warranted. I don't believe that is a widespread issue. I also think it is a separate issue.

Seriously, making faulty split-second decisions in potentially violent situations is not even in the same ballpark as what we see in this video.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good point. We make guns illegal bad guys will never have them and the cops jobs will be easier. Why didn’t we think of this sooner!! 

• Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I know I will be told it is non of my business by the likes of Rhino, and I am just way to liberal ( I am not a liberal), but the whole point is being missed.

If the police are not para military, if this is not racist, if justice is equal.

No arrest of the officer yet, for a death seen on video, and in Georgia, how long did the arrest take?

Wow...regardless as to whether there are professional protesters, the violent left, fires, property damage, business and livelihoods destroyed and neighborhoods pulled apart....still no arrests.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

No offense to you NB, but it's language like this that is a problem.  We see it pretty exclusively now too, both on the news and from politicians.  They insinuate without coming out and being precise and direct with their language, so it leaves a lot of wiggle room and people use that wiggle room to make interpretations that satisfy their own mind.

Example 1: "If the police are not para military, if this is not racist, if justice is equal." - What are you saying?  Just say it.  Are you saying that this police are a paramilitary arm of local governments, are racists, and justice is not equal?  If so, explain it and tell us why.

Example 2: "No arrest of the officer yet, for a death seen on video" - Again, you're stating the obvious without coming out and saying what this means and the relevance.  Are you saying that you do not think the police officer will be arrested?  Are there any possible explanations for that beyond something like the DA and the system neglecting the case?  Could it possibly be that especially in a case like this, it's critical that the investigators and prosecutors do everything in their power to build an airtight case prior to starting the clock ticking with an arrest?  To ensure that justice is done?

Example 3: "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck" - Lastly, what exactly are you referring to?  Are you saying that the system is rigged?  That all cops are racist?  Why use a vague metaphor when you can tell everyone exactly what you think and why?

Again, I am not trying to pick on you, it was just the most recent post where I saw this type of communication style being used.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm sure they will be charged. Just curious, what evidence do you see that tells you this incident was racially motivated?

There is no proof of racism unless the purps say it was. In fact it matters little if it was racial, but in many instances it is the duck thing.

If it is not racial the delay in arrests is just wrong. It is indefensible. A portion of citizens of the country are saying how it feels, how it appears that there is a different approach in certain instances...time after time...the longer the country does not listen, the more professional protesters take advantage and the message changes. The debate on this site was about conspiracy of white supremacists, or BLM, etc. That over looks what the real caring citizens are asking the country to hear.

The CNN reporter was treated differently this morning. While this might not be racist, the preponderance of evidence is beginning to be hard to ignore.

I do not pretend to know the causes etc etc, just an observation from someone who does not have a dog in the fight.

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

Absolutely.

We do not have any footage showing the events surrounding how Floyd ended up on the ground at that location and why three officers are holding him down.

So there are several questions regarding the two officers at his feet :

(1) Initially, was there any legitimate reason for them to believe they needed to restrain Floyd's legs?

(2) At the point we see them on video, did those two officers realize that Floyd might be struggling because he was fighting against being slowly asphyxiated?"

I am certainly not saying they are free of blame. I am saying these are legitimate investigative questions regarding the level of culpability of those two officers. 

I really can't see anything, at this point, that diminishes the culpability of the other two.

Geez people! I’ve read through pages and pages of posts on this topic going down every possible tangential rabbit hole....so let me ask you, if your employer was handed a video of you killing an unarmed man in broad daylight while at work, would they take the time to FIRE you down in good old Human Resources, or would they have you ARRESTED? I’m pretty sure they’d have you arrested. Had the City of Minneapolis done that on the afternoon of the incident, none of the rest of these discussions are necessary!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

There is no proof of racism unless the purps say it was. In fact it matters little if it was racial, but in many instances it is the duck thing.

If it is not racial the delay in arrests is just wrong. It is indefensible. A portion of citizens of the country are saying how it feels, how it appears that there is a different approach in certain instances...time after time...the longer the country does not listen, the more professional protesters take advantage and the message changes. The debate on this site was about conspiracy of white supremacists, or BLM, etc. That over looks what the real caring citizens are asking the country to hear.

The CNN reporter was treated differently this morning. While this might not be racist, the preponderance of evidence is beginning to be hard to ignore.

I do not pretend to know the causes etc etc, just an observation from someone who does not have a dog in the fight.

Arrests, charges, or any other aspect of the legal process should never be driven by emotion at any level. It should proceed as the facts and the law decide.

Particularly when that emotion is misplaced and being fanned for reasons that have nothing to do with justice.

These officers will be arrested and charged if and when the process dictates.

9 minutes ago, dubs said:

No offense to you NB, but it's language like this that is a problem.  We see it pretty exclusively now too, both on the news and from politicians.  They insinuate without coming out and being precise and direct with their language, so it leaves a lot of wiggle room and people use that wiggle room to make interpretations that satisfy their own mind.

Example 1: "If the police are not para military, if this is not racist, if justice is equal." - What are you saying?  Just say it.  Are you saying that this police are a paramilitary arm of local governments, are racists, and justice is not equal?  If so, explain it and tell us why.

Example 2: "No arrest of the officer yet, for a death seen on video" - Again, you're stating the obvious without coming out and saying what this means and the relevance.  Are you saying that you do not think the police officer will be arrested?  Are there any possible explanations for that beyond something like the DA and the system neglecting the case?  Could it possibly be that especially in a case like this, it's critical that the investigators and prosecutors do everything in their power to build an airtight case prior to starting the clock ticking with an arrest?  To ensure that justice is done?

Example 3: "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck" - Lastly, what exactly are you referring to?  Are you saying that the system is rigged?  That all cops are racist?  Why use a vague metaphor when you can tell everyone exactly what you think and why?

Again, I am not trying to pick on you, it was just the most recent post where I saw this type of communication style being used.

Do not think I said all cops are racists. I am saying that there is building so much evidence that it is looking like the duck. The cause of why these reactions happen are complicated, historical, financial, political, etc.

For example, as a result historic events like race riots of the 50s and 60s then terrorism, drug gangs, gun violence, the police forces have become more and more military like, trained like military, armed  like military, hiring ex military members, not saying it was not necessary but plays a role in how the modern police treat the citizens and see the world. 

I am NOT trying to have a race discussion, just observing how this perfect storm is coming and if not handled the professional agitators take over. It becomes about power not about freedom and equality and justice for all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

Current hot spots include: Minneapolis, Denver, Columbus, Louisville, Nashville, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and probably more that I missed.

What was done to George Floyd may have very well been murder, but the timing of this is interesting. Just as COVID restrictions begin to be eased, we have multi city riots. Aside from the normal crew of BLM, Antifa, and Soros agitators, I wouldn't be surprised if there are also knowingly infected COVID operatives circulating among the crowds, ranting and raving with spittle flying. Wait a few weeks, give it a couple of hops, and soon does this result in new virus flare ups, and a call to reverse the opening of the country...

Started in Minneapolis... no one thinks this was pre-planned? Oh, not the murder, but rather the violence and looting we have been seeing the last few days. I just expected it to be this summer, not now.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1