Liberal Protests

B-Man

Once the weather gets warm...

Unfortunately the situation in Minneapolis will be used as justification for looting in other big cities. It's coming. 

Most of these cities have closed all the pools, parks, summer programs and are filled with unemployed young people who've been under lockdown.

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right.

I have no problem holding law enforcement officers accountable for their behavior. What I detest is: (1) The use of the actions of specific individuals to justify the attribution of motives to an entire group, (2) the use of that attribution as justification for completely unrelated , violent, criminal activity, and (3) the instantaneous use of a tragedy for political purposes.

I have not heard a single person defend what the offending officer did in this case. So, why has he not been arrested?  Remember, that doesn't mean 'convicted'.  So far, he's been fired?  That seems like a pretty odd response from an organization that just had one of their employees KILL SOMEONE ON VIDEO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! I can see why the citizens are upset. If any of them did what this officer did, they would be in handcuffs before sunset.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right.

I have no problem holding law enforcement officers accountable for their behavior. What I detest is: (1) The use of the actions of specific individuals to justify the attribution of motives to an entire group, (2) the use of that attribution as justification for completely unrelated , violent, criminal activity, and (3) the instantaneous use of a tragedy for political purposes.

...certainly agree...…..back to the sad 60's...…...this is Ferguson MO Take 2...………..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have not heard a single person defend what the offending officer did in this case. So, why has he not been arrested?  Remember, that doesn't mean 'convicted'.  So far, he's been fired?  That seems like a pretty odd response from an organization that just had one of their employees KILL SOMEONE ON VIDEO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! I can see why the citizens are upset. If any of them did what this officer did, they would be in handcuffs before sunset.

I am not defending the officer(s). I fully understand why people are upset. It upsets me as well. However, there is a process and I am not a fan of that process, or any legal process, being driven by societal pressure. It should be driven by facts and the law.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good question. Mr. Floyd’s death hasn’t been ruled a murder yet? If it even will be. 

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. 

I'll say the timing sure is interesting. A big, embarrassing gaffe, followed by a tragedy/crime, then "spontaneous" riots which will force both candidates to make loud and clear statements on this issue. It's a "never fail to take advantage of a tragedy" play right from certain bad actors' playbooks. 

Only takes a few paid assets in a crowd to turn it from peaceful into something else. 

*warning, might be graphic -- just saw the full clip

More: 

I assume I'm racist for this take, but I don't care when mobs of people get run over while violently attacking vehicles on the road... 

On 5/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on what I've read, they're both pieces of *****. If the guy wanted her to have her dog on a leash, he should have called the police and not tried to take her dog. Meanwhile she freaked out for what was seemingly not as big a deal as it was made out to be. 

I am confident that the 'officer' will be charged and convicted..................unfortunately (like with all murder cases) these things take an interminable amount of time.

Meanwhile........

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Good question. Mr. Floyd’s death hasn’t been ruled a murder yet? If it even will be. 

The medical examiner rules on the manner of the death (natural, accidental, suicide, homicide, or undetermined) and cause of death (specific injuries that caused the death). The legal system determines whether it was murder. That process has just started.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The medical examiner rules on the manner of the death (natural, accidental, suicide, homicide, or undetermined) and cause of death (specific injuries that caused the death). The legal system determines whether it was murder. That process has just started.

If DR curb-stomped me and I died he would arrested on the spot before a medical examiner ruled on the manner of death.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you honestly believe the cop won't be charged?

I'd estimate that 99% of the population would all agree that this cop should be charged with murder.  Yet, everyone is arguing because of people like you who stoke fear and rage.  I would bet anything that the DA charges the cop with murder in the next couple days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

If DR curb-stomped me and I died he would arrested on the spot before a medical examiner ruled on the manner of death.

Well, it wasn't a curb stomping. It was an officer using excessive force in the performance of official duties. It certainly doesn't make it right, nor defensible. Those are different scenarios. If it was an intentional  "curb stomping," my guess is that the officer would be in custody.

My personal opinion, based soley on the video evidence is that charges should be brought. I am sure they will. As I stated earlier, I am not a fan of the legal process being driven by emotion. Nor should you be.

BTW, there are plenty of instances in which somone does something that results in a death and is not immediately arrested.

Let the process work as it is designed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

I'd estimate that 99% of the population would all agree that this cop should be charged with murder.  Yet, everyone is arguing because of people like you who stoke fear and rage.  I would bet anything that the DA charges the cop with murder in the next couple days.

That's exactly what it is. Deep down, Tibs and the leftists are begging for the locals to sweep this away so the riots can begin and they can post a false news report that the officers voted for Trump before someone correcting that lie.

When you've got nothing, you'll take anything.,

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

most of the looters appear to be wearing masks... they are good people in my book.

They're thoughtful, is what they are. Just good, thoughtful people who really only care about the welfare of those around them.

And a 65" Vizio.

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

You are a liar. I’m not doing anything to total idiot. Fu! 

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's exactly what it is. Deep down, Tibs and the leftists are begging for the locals to sweep this away so the riots can begin and they can post a false news report that the officers voted for Trump before someone correcting that lie.

When you've got nothing, you'll take anything.,

You bag of garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1