Liberal Protests

B-Man

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Andy Ngo's politics are not relevant.

He wasn't violent or threatening,

his masked attackers were.

Good thing we're not blaming the victim.

Maybe next time he'll get raped, because he was probably asking for that as well.

Left-wing thuggery: The battle lines are being drawn in Portland, OR

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

When local officials appear to wink and nod as masked leftist thugs openly assemble and attack conservatives, it's time for the feds to come in and protect civil rights. Anyone with vague familiarity with Weimar Germany's slide into fascism in the 1930s understands that a rising tide of political violence bodes ill for the future of the Republic.

(snip)

When local police are prevented from reacting against violence against peaceful demonstrators, the federal government is the last refuge for protection of their civil rights. That is what happened in the Civil Rights Era of the 1950s and 1960s.

The Lie of Portland’s Antifa

by Douglas Murray

Original Article

PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: Ted Cruz seeks federal action against Portland mayor after antifa attacks journalist. 

“To federal law enforcement: investigate & bring legal action against a Mayor who has, for political reasons, ordered his police officers to let citizens be attacked by domestic terrorists.”

Plus: “U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who like Mr. Ngo is openly gay, said he had asked the Justice Department to investigate the incident, tweeting, ‘This is outrageous. Where was Portland Mayor? @tedwheeler’.”

Ngo isn’t the right kind of gay, and therefore deserves whatever he gets.

Byron York: Anti-Trump fever takes threatening turn.

The toxicity of the resistance to President Trump has risen in recent days, with the nation’s most respected newspapers publishing rationalizations for denying Trump supporters public accommodation and for doxxing career federal employees, while a journalist found himself under physical attack from the so-called anti-fascist group Antifa, which has stepped up its violent activities since Trump’s election. . . .

The president is not always at the center of such demonstrations, but Antifa has become an angry and violent fringe force in the Resistance. It has played an ugly role in a number of events, most notably Charlottesville, in which feelings about Trump have played a role.

Shunning, shaming, doxxing, attacking. As the 2020 campaign reaches full speed, would it surprise anyone to see all of it increase? And all from people who congratulate themselves for standing against hate. Perhaps our politics will cool down at some point in the future. But not now.

All of this stuff helps Trump, of course, and if these people were smarter they’d know that and behave better. But they can’t help themselves.

Related: It’s Not Your Imagination: The Journalists Writing About Antifa Are Often Their Cheerleaders. 

“Of all 15 verified national-level journalists in our subset, we couldn’t find a single article, by any of them, that was markedly critical of Antifa in any way. In all cases, their work in this area consisted primarily of downplaying Antifa violence while advancing Antifa talking points, and in some cases quoting Antifa extremists as if they were impartial experts.” Just remember, turnabout is fair play, and in the words of our last president, don’t think people aren’t keeping score, brother.

Flashback: Democrats Join Alt-Left Protesters Who Want to Ban Conservative Websites.

Antifa Is Mostly Made Up Of Privileged White Dudes

Many in the media treat Antifa as a diverse group of warriors against fascism and racism. This is an absolute fabrication.
JULY 1, 2019 By David Marcus

Antifa-1.jpg

At a time when many on the left are rightfully concerned about far-right white violence, why do so many seemed so nonplussed by far-left white violence, in most cases even refusing to acknowledge that that’s exactly what Antifa is?

{snip}

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of Antifa has seen videos of their violent antics and can see for himself or herself that almost all of them are white dudes. Anyone who has ever been in their presence knows this too. I would be very interested to see this ethnographic research, and I am curious if Haaretz looked at it before publishing the author’s bizarre claim. It strains credulity to believe that if Vusotsky had hard numbers to back up his assertion he would have simply left them out of his article.

The reason this point is so important is that it betrays a double standard that many in our media use regarding violent white activists. On the right, their whiteness is front and center; part of the toxic brew that stews their hate. But this is equally true of Antifa, which has its roots in the far left of the English punk scene in the 1980s.

Antifa’s goals are not those of most non-white Americans. Most non-white Americans don’t want to destroy the systems of government, abolish the police, end capitalism, or cripple corporations. The group is absolutely trying to impose a style of anarchy that is steeped in (and almost unique to) whiteness.

When cowards wear masks to engage in violence, we must remove the masks to see who we are actually dealing with—not the fairy tale of diversity version. When Andy Ngo, a minority gay man, is mercilessly beaten up by white activists, the fact that the activists are white is a big part of the story in today’s landscape. Don’t believe the progressive narrative: Antifa is mostly a bunch of privileged white dudes.

• Like (+1) 1

I know that I have been posting a lot about these thugs, but I really don't know what to write about this video.

I am at a loss as to where we have fallen.

An elderly man, no physical threat, Nothing can justify this.

Watch the 36 seconds, and ask yourself where you stand.

@michellemalkin
FollowFollow @michellemalkin
New thread: Sharing information from my phone interviews tonight with 2 other victims of Antifa assaults: Oregonians Adam Kelly and John Blum, seen in this video

Both John & Adam were beaten by Antifa after trying to help a gay man in a sun dress being chased down the street. While the cowards are masked, John and Adam faced the crowds openly and agreed to be named publicly. "I'm not afraid," John told me

John was sprayed with mace and blinded. He was led away as blood dripped down his face, then dragged to a sidewalk. Another observer notes that one of Adam's attackers appears to wield something like a sock and padlock

D-WhuFpW4AAT-cf.png

D-VvGvEWsAE1_PT.jpg......Wounds on the other man Adam Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I know that I have been posting a lot about these thugs, but I really don't know what to write about this video.

I am at a loss as to where we have fallen.

An elderly man, no physical threat, Nothing can justify this.

Watch the 36 seconds, and ask yourself where you stand.

@michellemalkin
FollowFollow @michellemalkin
New thread: Sharing information from my phone interviews tonight with 2 other victims of Antifa assaults: Oregonians Adam Kelly and John Blum, seen in this video

Both John & Adam were beaten by Antifa after trying to help a gay man in a sun dress being chased down the street. While the cowards are masked, John and Adam faced the crowds openly and agreed to be named publicly. "I'm not afraid," John told me

John was sprayed with mace and blinded. He was led away as blood dripped down his face, then dragged to a sidewalk. Another observer notes that one of Adam's attackers appears to wield something like a sock and padlock

D-WhuFpW4AAT-cf.png

D-VvGvEWsAE1_PT.jpg......Wounds on the other man Adam Kelly.

Disgusting.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Disgusting.

They want a shooting war -- because it'll help their narrative if someone defends themselves with force. 

The media wants a shooting war between Antifa and "alt right" because it'll help their narrative and distraction tactics. 

The DNC candidates want a shooting war between Antifa and the "alt right" because it'll help them virtue signal. 

The alt-right and Antifa are the same though... both being funded by the same sources. 

It's all a trick, designed to let them get away with the biggest political scandal in US history. 

***** them all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hans Bader: Did Portland violate the First Amendment by selectively tolerating violence? 

“Police have no duty under the Constitution to protect the public at all. But if they do, they can’t selectively withhold protection from people with disfavored views, or selectively permit violence by a group they ideologically sympathize with.

A federal appeals court made that clear in Dwares v. City of New York (1993). It allowed New York City police to be sued because they allowed flag burners to be attacked, when they likely would not have permitted such attacks on anyone else.

Such viewpoint discrimination was forbidden by the First Amendment. In Portland, police did nothing as Antifa attacked people nearby.”

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hans Bader: Did Portland violate the First Amendment by selectively tolerating violence? 

“Police have no duty under the Constitution to protect the public at all. But if they do, they can’t selectively withhold protection from people with disfavored views, or selectively permit violence by a group they ideologically sympathize with.

A federal appeals court made that clear in Dwares v. City of New York (1993). It allowed New York City police to be sued because they allowed flag burners to be attacked, when they likely would not have permitted such attacks on anyone else.

Such viewpoint discrimination was forbidden by the First Amendment. In Portland, police did nothing as Antifa attacked people nearby.”

the police engaged in amazing strong-arm tactics on black and youth demonstrators, sometimes very peaceful and sometimes 100% antagonizing of the fuzz

it was the nightly news for many of my formative years

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

last night i discovered how deeply rooted this TDS is. my wife is watching a web series on CBS All Access called, The Good Fight. last night after surfing for a bit and being very tired after work, i sat down with her to chat awhile and see what she was watching, well she almost immediately wanted to turn it off but i told her to let it run as i wanted to see if it was any good. i guess the whole show is about this law firm and Trump. this particular episode was pushing the pee tape narrative and how it really happened. my wife laughed and said that this whole show was about bashing Trump and it had all kinds of stars on it in bit roles.

propaganda, SMH.

• Like (+1) 2