Albany/Capital Region NY: The Buffalo Bills 518 Club

Didn't see a page for us Upstate/Adirondack/Capital Region fans.

How many from the area? I know there is mead, Gugny, Turbos, Levi, FlutieFlakes, Hammersticks is on the VT border, SaratogaMike, who else?

Another update ( @BringBackFergy maybe you could copy and paste this post as well as the one about the Ruck and the one about McGeary's into an edit of your OP for ease of reading?):

There is another Bills bar in the 518! 

PJ's BAR-B-QSA

1 Kaydeross Ave. W

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

PJ himself is a huge Bills fan and has added on a bar area with TVs, Bills gear, and great draft beers to go with his great BBQ restaurant.  Opens at 11am on Sundays.

The 518 lunch crew went to PJ's for one of our lunches this year; the food is fantastic and PJ is a good guy, we even got a tour of the kitchen!

Edited by BringBackFergy

• 1 month later...

The page gets started and subsequently deleted every couple of years because the powers that be have decided that no "real" Bills fans live in Albany or something.

I go to McGeary's or Beff's when I'm back home during football season.

PS Beff's is no longer Beff's. It's another Swifty's now. Not sure what that means as far as TVs go during the season as of yet.

The Bills Backers map shows five groups within an easy drive of Albany....

http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/billsbackers/backer-locator-map.html

City of Albany Bills Backers

McGeary's Irish Pub

4 Clinton Square

Albany, NY

Colonie Bills Backers

27 Fuller Road

Albany, NY

Bills Backers of Southern Saratoga

Ravenswood Restaurant and Pub

1021 Route 146

Clifton Park, NY 12065, NY

Bills Backers of the Capital District of New York

Bentley's Tavern

4 Hemphill Pl

Malta, NY

Columbia County Bills Backers

Meadowgreens Restaurant

1238 Route 9H

Ghent, NY

• 3 months later...

Colonie Bills Backers

27 Fuller Road

Albany, NY

Posting to say that the Bills Backers bar on Fuller Road has closed. Haven't heard whether the Colonie backers have found a new place.

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2016 at 7:38 AM, Just Jack said:

City of Albany Bills Backers

McGeary's Irish Pub

4 Clinton Square

Albany, NY

Colonie Bills Backers

27 Fuller Road

Albany, NY

Bills Backers of Southern Saratoga

Ravenswood Restaurant and Pub

1021 Route 146

Clifton Park, NY 12065, NY

Bills Backers of the Capital District of New York

Bentley's Tavern

4 Hemphill Pl

Malta, NY

Columbia County Bills Backers

Meadowgreens Restaurant

1238 Route 9H

Ghent, NY

Now's as good a time as any, I suppose.  As far as I am currently aware, all of the Bills Backers groups above EXCEPT FOR the City of Albany Bills Backers are inactive.

Albany Bills Backers will be at McGeary's again this year.  Tess (the owner) really takes care of us with Buffalo-type food specials (the wings are pretty good) and Labatt drafts and cans to be had at a discount.  Standing room only EVERY SUNDAY.  Eat your heart out, BillsWatch.

There is ample street parking Sunday morning in downtown Albany, so driving in is no sweat.  Though I highly recommend an Uber/Lyft because drinking and driving is bad, mmmkay?

22 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Now's as good a time as any, I suppose.  As far as I am currently aware, all of the Bills Backers groups above EXCEPT FOR the City of Albany Bills Backers are inactive.

Albany Bills Backers will be at McGeary's again this year.  Tess (the owner) really takes care of us with Buffalo-type food specials (the wings are pretty good) and Labatt drafts and cans to be had at a discount.  Standing room only EVERY SUNDAY.  Eat your heart out, BillsWatch.

There is ample street parking Sunday morning in downtown Albany, so driving in is no sweat.  Though I highly recommend an Uber/Lyft because drinking and driving is bad, mmmkay?

Couldn't we all just crash at Casa de Levi?

• 1 month later...

Update: I have not personally confirmed this but I understand that there is now a Bills Backers bar in Troy, NY:

The Ruck

104 3rd St

Troy, NY 12180

Haven't been there in a while but they have a great beer selection, excellent wings, and homemade bleu cheese dressing that I'm willing to kill for. 

8 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Update: I have not personally confirmed this but I understand that there is now a Bills Backers bar in Troy, NY:

The Ruck

104 3rd St

Troy, NY 12180

Haven't been there in a while but they have a great beer selection, excellent wings, and homemade bleu cheese dressing that I'm willing to kill for. 

I've only been once (about a year and a half ago) and I can confirm that the beer selection was still great and the food is still phenomenal (I had the wings).

• 3 weeks later...

Another update ( @BringBackFergy maybe you could copy and paste this post as well as the one about the Ruck and the one about McGeary's into an edit of your OP for ease of reading?):

There is another Bills bar in the 518! 

PJ's BAR-B-QSA

1 Kaydeross Ave. W

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

PJ himself is a huge Bills fan and has added on a bar area with TVs, Bills gear, and great draft beers to go with his great BBQ restaurant.  Opens at 11am on Sundays.

The 518 lunch crew went to PJ's for one of our lunches this year; the food is fantastic and PJ is a good guy, we even got a tour of the kitchen!

• Like (+1) 2