"What People Look Like" and the Le Batard Show

After Colin Cowherd left ESPN they filled his spot with the Dan LeBatard show...I gotta tell you. I think he's hilarious and the show actually appeals to a sports fan like me. I say that because he doesn't take sports so seriously that it becomes repetitive. For instance, they had Mel Kiper on the show and he told Kiper straight up "I'm waking off the set right now and the other guys will interview you because I think your job is ridiculous" (paraphrased). He also mocks the sports analysts who say things like "I have North Carolina winning the tournament because you can't beat their bigs down low" which really means, "You don't know the names of the big guys under the basket so you just call them "The Bigs"

Anyway, he does this great bit called "What People Look Like" and listeners text/email descriptions of "what people look like" (The Jim Tomsula, Tim Kirkjian, Rob Ryan ones are great for example). Here's a few more.

So have at it Two Bills Drive, post a picture and then put the title under the picture. If we come up with some good ones, I'll see if I can email them to the show.

My attempt:

schefterx-large.jpg

"Adam Schefter looks like the guy on late night tv who promises financial freedom in exchange for six easy installments of $49.99"

Dans show at 4:30 Highly Questionable with his dad and Bomamni Jones is a riot. Some of the clips they show are outrageous. They're Stanley Cup Hockey playoffs preview was a video of a linesman getting hit in the nuts with a puck. And "Poppy" drops f bombs like none other.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dans show at 4:30 Highly Questionable with his dad and Bomamni Jones is a riot. Some of the clips they show are outrageous. They're Stanley Cup Hockey playoffs preview was a video of a linesman getting hit in the nuts with a puck. And "Poppy" drops f bombs like none other.

oh yeah, Poppy is great. Dan sits there and rolls his eyes at his Dad whenever he says something. Funny stuff.

• 1 month later...

Matthew Delladova looks like the valet guy that brings you the wrong car ! Hahahaha

Show was fire today. Goatman, Bat Takeover in Australia.

Amin is good guest host, funny stuff when the Kentucky fraud chickens wouldn't come out on Steph Curry.

• 4 months later...

I'd play but I'm so out of touch I don't recognize sports personality names let alone what they look like. I found out just a year or so ago that Doug Whaley was black. True story.

Bob McAdoo looks like every boyfriend on dateline who helped his lady commit murder.

Oh wait. I've heard of him. :D

Stephon Gillmore looks like the guy at Jiffy Lube who tries to sell you the cooling system service and replacing your cabin filter that you don't really need and politely decline to get out of there just paying $29.99 for the oil change less the $10.00 off coupon you got in the mail.

• 5 months later...

It's back.

Roy Williams looks like a dog show judge who awards best in show to a Scottish Terrier being handled by Brad Stevens.

Sam Bradford looks like he's out to dinner with this wife and kids and just got a text from his side chick stating she's pregnant.

Jim Leyland looks like a cowboy in a movie who tells camp it's time to shut it down for the night, when the crew asks why he calmly lights up a smoke and says wolves.

Not a fan of LeBatard but I do get an ironic chuckle out of the segments with his father

(LeBatard translates to The Bastard)

I hear them on the radio, for a while I thought ‘Papi’ Gonzalo' was all schtick, (made up voice) well maybe Papi's character is.

Tom Brady looks like a little girl going down the water slide