Wondering why we are not looking at NT's

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no doubt guys....but we only have so many picks.

We might have to go ILB with that 1st rounder now that Davis signed with Cleveland

i dont think they will take a NT in the first. That's a later pick IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

no doubt guys....but we only have so many picks.

We might have to go ILB with that 1st rounder now that Davis signed with Cleveland

Bad strategy.

If they think a stud DT is the BPA at 19 I don't want then to take a lesser talent in FA (Knighton) so they can take a lesser talent in round 1 just based on need. I wouldn't be opposed to Knighton, just don't want it to change the draft strategy.

Bad strategy.

If they think a stud DT is the BPA at 19 I don't want then to take a lesser talent in FA (Knighton) so they can take a lesser talent in round 1 just based on need. I wouldn't be opposed to Knighton, just don't want it to change the draft strategy.

This is only if you think Knighton is a lesser talent

I actually like him.....he does exactly what he is supposed to do.

I DONT want Marcel playing the nose this year.....that is too much money wrapped up in a player of that caliber to be a run plugger....he needs to slide over to 5 tech

i like Billings as well

I'm not sure that they won't sign a NT.

They very well may be in communication with Knighton, Cam Thomas, etc.

I also think it's not prudent to spend serious money or a high draft pick on a nose tackle; they are far more easily found than that.

For example, the guys that look like ideal 0-techs from the draft include the likes of DJ Reader and Vincent Valentine, both of whom will most likely be available on Day 3.

If the Bills draft strictly a NT in any of the first 3 rounds it would be an awful pick.

I'd rather them draft a versatile DLineman who can do the job as a NT in the 3-4 or play DT in 4-3 because I'm not optimistic Rex makes it past the 2016 season.

Drafting players just for his system would be a disaster.

Wait...drafting guys that fit the system that the head coach runs would be a disaster?

That one needs to be explained.

You don't want to give the guy the pieces he says he needs, and then you're going to condemn him to failure.

Do you not see the total and complete failure in that line of logic?

You may not like that he's the head coach--that's fine. To say that the team shouldn't acquire guys that can play his system amounts to the team shooting itself in the foot.

This is only if you think Knighton is a lesser talent

I actually like him.....he does exactly what he is supposed to do.

I DONT want Marcel playing the nose this year.....that is too much money wrapped up in a player of that caliber to be a run plugger....he needs to slide over to 5 tech

i like Billings as well

You don't think Knighton is a lesser talent than the 1st round DL studs in this class?

I think that taking a guy you have rated lower based on need is a mistake.

You don't think Knighton is a lesser talent than the 1st round DL studs in this class?

I think that taking a guy you have rated lower based on need is a mistake.

Knighton = proved he can do it in the NFL

Draft pick = potential to do it in the NFL

Bill Parcels definition of "potential" ........something you havent done yet

DJ Reader in the 5th or later. NT is undervalued because many teams don't use them and they are mainly space eaters/run stoppers. He's a good one you can get later and can do the job of freeing up Dareus to rush the passer. IMO.

Edited by YoloinOhio