Who should be our starting, and backup quarterback?

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as our starting QB in 2016?

• Sam Bradford, Philadelphia
    • Jacoby Brissett, N.C. State
    • Connor Cook, Michigan State
    • Kirk Cousins, Washington
    • Chase Daniel, Kansas City
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick, NY
    • Matt Flynn, New Orleans
    • Jared Goff, California
    • Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
    • Josh Johnson, Buffalo Bills
    • Cardale Jones, Ohio State
    • Paxton Lynch, Memphis
    • EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills
    • Luke McCown, New Orleans
    • Brock Osweiler, Denver
    • Dak Prescott, Mississippi State
    • Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills
    • Michael Vick, Pittsburgh
    • Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
    • Other
  2. 2. Who would you like to see as our backup QB in 2016?

• Sam Bradford, Philadelphia
    • Jacoby Brissett, N.C. State
    • Connor Cook, Michigan State
    • Kirk Cousins, Washington
    • Chase Daniel, Kansas City
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick, NY
    • Matt Flynn, New Orleans
    • Jared Goff, California
    • Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
    • Josh Johnson, Buffalo Bills
    • Cardale Jones, Ohio State
    • Paxton Lynch, Memphis
    • EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills
    • Luke McCown, New Orleans
    • Brock Osweiler, Denver
    • Dak Prescott, Mississippi State
    • Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills
    • Michael Vick, Pittsburgh
    • Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
    • Other

I know it's a little early for any sort of speculation. But, being so early in the season, things are as open, and as up-in-the-air as they will ever be. So, I thought this might be an interesting poll-- especially if people are willing to elaborate.

The options include our current roster, the top eight draft prospects, and the top eight free agents. Who should be our starting, and back up quarterbacks for 2016?

Edited by Rocky Landing

I went with Taylor as starter and other as backup. I'd like them to sign Colt McCoy if possible. He knows the offense, is mobile, and has won games as a backup but knows he's a backup. Also would be cheap.

I'd like to trade or cut EJ and draft a project as the 3rd QB. My choice would be Cardale Jones. I don't want to use a high pick, and I think he has a ton of upside with a couple years of development and is a good fit for this offense. Could be backup next year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I voted for TT as starter. Not in free agency, nor in the draft, is there a guy I'd rather have run this offense. TT did well for his first year as a starter and I want to see how far he can take his game in '16.

And - with respect to all those who don't think EJ deserves to wear a Bills uni - I voted for EJ as backup. Despite his 10 minutes of infamy in London, I think in his career so far he's played like a competent 2nd stringer. I would, though, like to see the Bills acquire another QB to compete with EJ.

The starting QB is w/o question Tyrod. No need for any poll on that as it has been already been decided.

This is kind of an odd poll. The starting job isn't up for grabs this year. It could potentially be in 2017 but certainly not 2016. In fact, it's unlikely that the backup job is open. They will draft someone to compete with EJ but he will be on the roster.

Well, sure. But the poll isn't who will (obviously) be our starter, but who should (in your opinion) be our starter. This is purely a poll of what you would like to see. Not what you will likely see.

Rex Ryan will be our HC...

(And Firechan, always the pot-stirrer, voted for Carson Wentz. Not everyone loves TT!)

Edited by Rocky Landing

I went with Taylor as starter and other as backup. I'd like them to sign Colt McCoy if possible. He knows the offense, is mobile, and has won games as a backup but knows he's a backup. Also would be cheap.

I'd like to trade or cut EJ and draft a project as the 3rd QB. My choice would be Cardale Jones. I don't want to use a high pick, and I think he has a ton of upside with a couple years of development and is a good fit for this offense. Could be backup next year.

Colt McCoy is 7-18 in the NFL. His arm would terrible in the wind here.

Keep everything the same and draft a developmental guy. It would be nice to have 2 guys who are going into their 2nd year of the same offense to teach a young guy. It would benefit everyone.

Well, sure. But the poll isn't who will (obviously) be our starter, but who should (in your opinion) be our starter. This is purely a poll of what you would like to see. Not what you will likely see.

(And Firechan, always the pot-stirrer, voted for Carson Wentz. Not everyone loves TT!)

And Buffalo Barbarian will vote for Connor Cook. The handful of people that are never happy with the QB situation will "go rogue" and a handful of wise guys will vote for one of the ridiculous options. Everyone with any sense understands the situation.

The poll is basically the same as saying "who do you think should be the Bills' starting CBs in 2016?" You can make as long a list as you want but, if healthy, there is a 100% chance that it is Gilmore and Darby. This situation is fairly similar. There is virtually no chance anyone starts the year but Tyrod (again if healthy).

And Buffalo Barbarian will vote for Connor Cook. The handful of people that are never happy with the QB situation will "go rogue" and a handful of wise guys will vote for one of the ridiculous options. Everyone with any sense understands the situation.

The poll is basically the same as saying "who do you think should be the Bills' starting CBs in 2016?" You can make as long a list as you want but, if healthy, there is a 100% chance that it is Gilmore and Darby. This situation is fairly similar. There is virtually no chance anyone starts the year but Tyrod (again if healthy).

I think I recall someone floating the idea in a different thread that Gilmore should be traded, and either Cromartie, or a draft pick should replace him. A terrible idea, sure, but it is a conversation. And, I also recall numerous posts during the regular season shouting about how Tyrod was "not the answer." I can only assume that there are plenty of people who still feel that way, and I think it's an interesting conversation to find out who they would prefer. That is the conversation I wanted to start.

Plus, Tyrod could always slip on a rubber mat...

To be fair, we all know TT will be starter, and he should be the starter if all that's on the roster is him, EJ and some warm body. I found this poll to be unrealistic.

I still like Wentz. Even if we somehow drafted Wentz, TT would still be my penciled in starter.

Edited by FireChan

I'm guessing EJ stays on the roster because of his $2.7 million guaranteed. If we do cut EJ we'd pretty much have to spend a pick early on a QB, since our cap situation won't let us get a decent vet. As of now I'm saying 1. TT 2. EJ. 3. Draft pick

I'm guessing EJ stays on the roster because of his $2.7 million guaranteed. If we do cut EJ we'd pretty much have to spend a pick early on a QB, since our cap situation won't let us get a decent vet. As of now I'm saying 1. TT 2. EJ. 3. Draft pick

that is what it will be - but I believe the draft pick or possibly UDFA will be allowed to compete with EJ for the #2 job.