2015 Mrags year in review (for anyone who cares)

mrags

I thought it would be good to come out of my hole once a year after the season to offer my year in review, So here goes.

-Rex gave me along with everyone else so much hope when things started. I really want him to succeed but man was I wrong about him and the false hope we all had. Does that mean he can't turn it around? I actually do have faith that it'll happen eventually but I think it's gonna be pretty painful before that happens. More on that later.

-I gave up emotionally after the week 4 loss to the Giants. For the first time in my life I left that game early. I knew with about 8 minutes left in the game I've seen this episode before. I was right in thinking that cause they proved me right. The part that really annoyed me about it was when I was on my way out of the stadium with about 6 minutes left in the game; I was stopped by security so that a golf cart could go by. Doug Whaley, Terry Pegula, Kim Pegula and someone else were leaving early too. If they can't even stomach staying to watch the team they put together, why should I?

-the Titans game I annoyed Cletus all game talking smack. He got so annoyed I thought he de-friended me on Facebook. But Tyrod stuck that game out and gave us a win with his legs.

-Speaking of Tyrod, I was up and down on him all year long. On one side he was able to create things and threw extremely efficient. On the other side, he was part of the reason we lost some of those early games. Not that he threw Inopportune picks or anything like that, but the offense wasn't exactly buzzing earlier in the year. And when they hit on all cylinders in one half they were shut down in the next half or vice versa. It was actually very frustrating because you knew they could do it but weren't on many occasions.

-Oh, that Jags game was terrible. I had to sit at work with a bunch guys that know how worked up I get. Talking trash the whole game even though they are actually Bills fans. They just like seeing me lose my ****. In the end, EJ proved he cannot play in this league. I'll admit... I was very wrong about him.

-after the loss to the Jags I got the same feeling I got during the terrible Browns loss right before Dick Jauron got fired. I was pretty sure we would have trouble winning games throughout the rest of the year. Part of me hoped like when Jauron was here, that we wouldn't win another game until Rex was fired.

-How many times can we get so close to beating New England in a situation where if we win we could finally turn things around... And we lose again. How many bad plays can we turn over to them. McKelvin again??? Really?

-I watched the first half of that Chiefs game thinking Sammy would have a career day (he did, but not like he should have) until the 2nd half crap show came to town again. Rex for out coached big time in the 2nd half.

-The Eagles and the Redskins??? Really? I'm so glad I didn't take off work to stay home and watch these games. Hell, back in the summer I was thinking about a week long road trip to see both of them and stay in DC in between. So glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on that trip to only be disappointed.

-And since I had a first for ever leaving a game early, I had a first for not even going to the Dallas game. I felt bad at first. But then I talked with Mead and Cletus and heard they didn't go either and felt a lot better about it. Glad I didn't stay in the cold rain all game. Stayed home and stayed warm and dry. Installed my new headlights and taillights my wife bought me for Christmas. Thanks for making me feel better about it Randy and Ryan.

-The Jets season finale was awesome. Well worth the price of admission. Actually one of the most fun I've had at a Bills game in a very long time. All game long listening to the Jets fans talk smack only to get Fitzed at the end of the game. For every Jets fan that ever told you we should be worried about Rex ruining this team, you can go right back at them with how Fitz will crumble like a wet, soggy Saltine cracker when he needs to grow a pair and win a game. Thanks today Fitz for giving me the Opportunity to watch a grown man cry because his team missed the playoffs.

On to a few thoughts about what happened and what's going to happen going forward... In my opinion...

-people can complain about Mario tanking for a while now. Let me just say that early to the middle of the season he wasn't. I watched him closely at games and noticed what many of us already knew, he was being asked to contain, to drop into coverage. But he was rarely asked to rush the passer. He did his job rather well actually early on. Rarely were runs breaking outside of him. On the thoughts that he's tanked since, I can't say I watched him as closely since mid season because I was also ranking and didn't care. But early on, he did his job. At least the job he was asked to do.

-Similar note, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Mario Williams dripping back into coverage??? Really Rex. Are you freaking stupid or what?

-Sammy really annoyed me early on this year talking trash when he wasn't even in the field but boy did he back it up later in the year.

I think Rex and his whole staff are safe. Maybe we'll see a new STs coach but I doubt it.

-Mario is gone. Saves 12.9m

-Kyle is gone. Saves about 5m and doesn't fit the scheme going forward.

-Leo might take a pay cut and that's his only hope to stay.

-Graham is done.

-If Carpenter still has a job with this team next year I'll probably puke.

-Bradham won't be resigned

The defense will take a full turn to 3/4 in the offseason.

-Hughes will become Rex's Terrell Suggs from the OLB Rush spot.

-Dareus will probably play 3/4DE even thought it doesn't suit him or his ridiculous contract.

-draft a few LBs, pick up a few in FA.

-add about 2 DTs, DEs each as well.

A few what the F$&KS about the year:

-why sign Dareus and Hughes to huge contracts of you were switching to a 3/4? You mean to tell me that Whaley and Rex never had the conversation about what they were going to do going forward with the defense? How does Dareus fit into that? And if they didn't have that conversation, then shame on Pegula and Whaley.

-why is Felton on this team? He's terrible

-so is Boobie. Why? Why? Why? Why?

-why cut Fred but keep Boobie? Gay? Brown? Thigpen? Doesn't make sense other than to get a strong leadership voice out of the locker room that wouldn't buy into Rex's system. Only logical explanation. Also why I think Kyle is gone this offseason. Well, that and $5m.

And on to a few other topics I've missed arguments on in the last year of not being here:

-CJ SPILLER... TOLD YOU!!!

-Star Wars was alright. Not terrible. Not amazing either. Hans son is such a cry baby. Biggest baby in the saga. Bigger than Anniken in episodes 2 and 3 and that's saying a lot. Am I the only one that wanted the Sith to be Luke?

-someone pointed out early on in my self ban that I was logging in every day. Yeah, I do read about the Bills dummy. I do follow them and the goings on of my team. I just have no need to post anymore. Since then I've spent much less time here actually. Maybe it's because I've been so blah about this team lately.

-I really do feel like Rex will get this ship sailing again. It's gonna take a year or 2 to really get going though. They may make enough changes in the offseason to make a run at the playoffs next year but we'll see.

What's going on withe in case anyone cares:

-wife and I bought a new home in Lancaster. So lots of stuff going on with all that. Moving. House stuff. Ya know.

-been watching Fargo the series lately and I'm hooked. Please no spoilers for season 2.

-Homeland I think is done with the Carrie angle. Gonna go a different route going forward.

-Ray Donovan is still amazing

-can't wait until Billions starts up in a week or 2.

-can't wait until February when Better Call Saul is back on.

Other than that, I'm done here for a while again. Keep up the good work everyone. Glad to see this place is still so informative. Hope everyone has a happy and safe 2016. Wish you all the best to start off the new year. Here's to a great draft and offseason 🍺.

-Mrags

I thought it would be good to come out of my hole once a year after the season to offer my year in review, So here goes.

-Rex gave me along with everyone else so much hope when things started. I really want him to succeed but man was I wrong about him and the false hope we all had. Does that mean he can't turn it around? I actually do have faith that it'll happen eventually but I think it's gonna be pretty painful before that happens. More on that later.

-I gave up emotionally after the week 4 loss to the Giants. For the first time in my life I left that game early. I knew with about 8 minutes left in the game I've seen this episode before. I was right in thinking that cause they proved me right. The part that really annoyed me about it was when I was on my way out of the stadium with about 6 minutes left in the game; I was stopped by security so that a golf cart could go by. Doug Whaley, Terry Pegula, Kim Pegula and someone else were leaving early too. If they can't even stomach staying to watch the team they put together, why should I?

-the Titans game I annoyed Cletus all game talking smack. He got so annoyed I thought he de-friended me on Facebook. But Tyrod stuck that game out and gave us a win with his legs.

-Speaking of Tyrod, I was up and down on him all year long. On one side he was able to create things and threw extremely efficient. On the other side, he was part of the reason we lost some of those early games. Not that he threw Inopportune picks or anything like that, but the offense wasn't exactly buzzing earlier in the year. And when they hit on all cylinders in one half they were shut down in the next half or vice versa. It was actually very frustrating because you knew they could do it but weren't on many occasions.

-Oh, that Jags game was terrible. I had to sit at work with a bunch guys that know how worked up I get. Talking trash the whole game even though they are actually Bills fans. They just like seeing me lose my ****. In the end, EJ proved he cannot play in this league. I'll admit... I was very wrong about him.

-after the loss to the Jags I got the same feeling I got during the terrible Browns loss right before Dick Jauron got fired. I was pretty sure we would have trouble winning games throughout the rest of the year. Part of me hoped like when Jauron was here, that we wouldn't win another game until Rex was fired.

-How many times can we get so close to beating New England in a situation where if we win we could finally turn things around... And we lose again. How many bad plays can we turn over to them. McKelvin again??? Really?

-I watched the first half of that Chiefs game thinking Sammy would have a career day (he did, but not like he should have) until the 2nd half crap show came to town again. Rex for out coached big time in the 2nd half.

-The Eagles and the Redskins??? Really? I'm so glad I didn't take off work to stay home and watch these games. Hell, back in the summer I was thinking about a week long road trip to see both of them and stay in DC in between. So glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on that trip to only be disappointed.

-And since I had a first for ever leaving a game early, I had a first for not even going to the Dallas game. I felt bad at first. But then I talked with Mead and Cletus and heard they didn't go either and felt a lot better about it. Glad I didn't stay in the cold rain all game. Stayed home and stayed warm and dry. Installed my new headlights and taillights my wife bought me for Christmas. Thanks for making me feel better about it Randy and Ryan.

-The Jets season finale was awesome. Well worth the price of admission. Actually one of the most fun I've had at a Bills game in a very long time. All game long listening to the Jets fans talk smack only to get Fitzed at the end of the game. For every Jets fan that ever told you we should be worried about Rex ruining this team, you can go right back at them with how Fitz will crumble like a wet, soggy Saltine cracker when he needs to grow a pair and win a game. Thanks today Fitz for giving me the Opportunity to watch a grown man cry because his team missed the playoffs.

On to a few thoughts about what happened and what's going to happen going forward... In my opinion...

-people can complain about Mario tanking for a while now. Let me just say that early to the middle of the season he wasn't. I watched him closely at games and noticed what many of us already knew, he was being asked to contain, to drop into coverage. But he was rarely asked to rush the passer. He did his job rather well actually early on. Rarely were runs breaking outside of him. On the thoughts that he's tanked since, I can't say I watched him as closely since mid season because I was also ranking and didn't care. But early on, he did his job. At least the job he was asked to do.

-Similar note, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Mario Williams dripping back into coverage??? Really Rex. Are you freaking stupid or what?

-Sammy really annoyed me early on this year talking trash when he wasn't even in the field but boy did he back it up later in the year.

I think Rex and his whole staff are safe. Maybe we'll see a new STs coach but I doubt it.

-Mario is gone. Saves 12.9m

-Kyle is gone. Saves about 5m and doesn't fit the scheme going forward.

-Leo might take a pay cut and that's his only hope to stay.

-Graham is done.

-If Carpenter still has a job with this team next year I'll probably puke.

-Bradham won't be resigned

The defense will take a full turn to 3/4 in the offseason.

-Hughes will become Rex's Terrell Suggs from the OLB Rush spot.

-Dareus will probably play 3/4DE even thought it doesn't suit him or his ridiculous contract.

-draft a few LBs, pick up a few in FA.

-add about 2 DTs, DEs each as well.

A few what the F$&KS about the year:

-why sign Dareus and Hughes to huge contracts of you were switching to a 3/4? You mean to tell me that Whaley and Rex never had the conversation about what they were going to do going forward with the defense? How does Dareus fit into that? And if they didn't have that conversation, then shame on Pegula and Whaley.

-why is Felton on this team? He's terrible

-so is Boobie. Why? Why? Why? Why?

-why cut Fred but keep Boobie? Gay? Brown? Thigpen? Doesn't make sense other than to get a strong leadership voice out of the locker room that wouldn't buy into Rex's system. Only logical explanation. Also why I think Kyle is gone this offseason. Well, that and $5m.

And on to a few other topics I've missed arguments on in the last year of not being here:

-CJ SPILLER... TOLD YOU!!!

-Star Wars was alright. Not terrible. Not amazing either. Hans son is such a cry baby. Biggest baby in the saga. Bigger than Anniken in episodes 2 and 3 and that's saying a lot. Am I the only one that wanted the Sith to be Luke?

-someone pointed out early on in my self ban that I was logging in every day. Yeah, I do read about the Bills dummy. I do follow them and the goings on of my team. I just have no need to post anymore. Since then I've spent much less time here actually. Maybe it's because I've been so blah about this team lately.

-I really do feel like Rex will get this ship sailing again. It's gonna take a year or 2 to really get going though. They may make enough changes in the offseason to make a run at the playoffs next year but we'll see.

What's going on withe in case anyone cares:

-wife and I bought a new home in Lancaster. So lots of stuff going on with all that. Moving. House stuff. Ya know.

-been watching Fargo the series lately and I'm hooked. Please no spoilers for season 2.

-Homeland I think is done with the Carrie angle. Gonna go a different route going forward.

-Ray Donovan is still amazing

-can't wait until Billions starts up in a week or 2.

-can't wait until February when Better Call Saul is back on.

Other than that, I'm done here for a while again. Keep up the good work everyone. Glad to see this place is still so informative. Hope everyone has a happy and safe 2016. Wish you all the best to start off the new year. Here's to a great draft and offseason .

-Mrags

glad to see you back and KYLE IS NEVER LEAVING.

Agree with you on all the personnel moves and the puzzlement about Dareus. Perhaps Rex doesn't even know what type of guys he needs to run his defense. After all it's not like his defenses ever got better as he had time to shape the roster.

Maybe he sees him doing less gap control next year after they add some beef to NT?

Manny Lawson is intriguing to me. He's apparently really smart, obviously very athletic for a big man. Maybe he can fill the field general role?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood