Is Mario playing tomorrow or sitting?

TAinLack.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm just happy they are getting rid of all pro DEs for below .500 coaches. You can never find those anywhere.

This is now a pattern with MW. Forget who the coaches are, he quit. Rex doesn't have to start him, and can play him sparingly. Let MW show his true colors and refuse to play if he doesn't start.

This is now a pattern with MW. Forget who the coaches are, he quit. Rex doesn't have to start him, and can play him sparingly. Let MW show his true colors and refuse to play if he doesn't start.

Funny how much a difference a year makes. Never heard one word about him not playing hard last year. In fact, he was plowing people out of their homes during the November storm. Now, he is a malcontent.

Again, why don't the coaches bench him if he is quitting on the team?

Funny how much a difference a year makes. Never heard one word about him not playing hard last year. In fact, he was plowing people out of their homes during the November storm. Now, he is a malcontent.

you have to ask Mario why he is acting the way he is now. he isn't acting very professional.

Personally, I'm just happy they are getting rid of all pro DEs for below .500 coaches. You can never find those anywhere.

Once again, save your outrage for someone who tries (and cares).

The Pegulas are paying him $1 million per game. The fans who use Mario to make a case against Rex (and don't give any credit at all to Rex for hiring a good OC whilst carping all last season about Marrone's inability to hire Norv Turner) are people I can't figure out. Mario's effort this season is the worst I've seen in team history. And he's the highest paid player in team history.

And no, I'm not a fan of Rex as a head coach. He did a poor job this year on defense, although the offense was light years better.

Edited by dave mcbride

It would actually help him to play hard and play well since the quotes came out about him this week and he's going to have to answer to that with other teams who pair it with the film. He can say "look what I did in a meaningless game! I was just uh... sick the last 8 weeks. That's it!"

Exactly my point. He probably wants to go out with a bang and rack up a few sacks. He probably will go rogue and rush Fitz on every snap, ignoring his coverage responsibilities.

Think Fitz will go with a "Longest Yard crotch shot" to slow him down?

I dont think Mario ever bought into Rexs defense and it showed. Coverage was thd best thing he did this year. His pass rush was horrible he looked slow and weak and his run defense fell off also. Didnt seem liked to get into the physical of the game. He is only interested in sack totals and he wasnt getting them ryan. I think he was cancer in locker room for his out spoke.

It would actually help him to play hard and play well since the quotes came out about him this week and he's going to have to answer to that with other teams who pair it with the film. He can say "look what I did in a meaningless game! I was just uh... sick the last 8 weeks. That's it!"

or maybe Rex figures his best shot with a banged up D, is to throw Fitz in the type of pressure cooker most of the fans and some of the players wanted to see this year - rather than the grand experiment that never took

or maybe Rex figures his best shot with a banged up D, is to throw Fitz in the type of pressure cooker most of the fans and some of the players wanted to see this year - rather than the grand experiment that never took

you mean like last time they played Fitz?

honestly, I don't remember how Rex game planned that win.. but I'm thinking that may have been one of the solid efforts in the new D.. either way, I'm thinking #90 was on the field that day

#90? Do you mean 94? He was not. He was "sick" and only played the first few plays.

Why did Corbin Bryant have 21 tackles and Mario Williams have 3 tackles over the last 8 games combined if Mario Williams didn't quit?

Why did Mario Williams have 19 tackles across the first 8 games if his 3 tackle performance was due to scheme?

No one doubts that the defense didn't do as well this year because of adjusting to Rex's scheme, but the drop off in production from Mario Williams in the second half of the year is telling.

Edit: To answer your question, they should bench him, but we are shorthanded as it is.

Edited by What a Tuel

Who are we going to replace him with at this point? IK? Jerel Worthy?

yeah, they'll just put him out there and he will make sure he doesn't get hurt and can start his vacation healthy.. I never liked the signing years ago. was such a reach for what was such a desperate franchise at that time... will be good to see him go