Is Mario playing tomorrow or sitting?

TAinLack.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will play and play hard. After all, he is auditioning for other teams at this point.

Agree.

Also, if he's followed this week's press, he's knows he's been labeled a slacker. If he has any self-respect, he'll try to prove people wrong.

I expect a big game from MW.

With Mario most likely playing his last game tomorrow as a Bill, do you think he will give it his all/coast or will he see limited playing time if any? What do you think Bills' fans.

If it's true that the Bills plan to cut him, they need to sit him. A torn ACL or other injury with recovery >7 mos and they eat his salary for next year putting them in lose-lose territory (no player, and no cap relief)

yep - the simple lack of depth with injuries makes it hard to sit a healthy player just to make a point.

It's not to make a point, it's that you can't cut an injured player. If you plan to cut or trade a player, you sit his ass. Playing Mario tomorrow could be a $12.7M or $14.5M cap budget error.

Edited by Hopeful

yep - the simple lack of depth with injuries makes it hard to sit a healthy player just to make a point.

I'd rather make a point on principle than fall on bull **** preached. Rex needs to bench him in order to show strength.
Lest we forget Marrone would bench players without a second thought.

If it's true that the Bills plan to cut him, they need to sit him. A torn ACL or other injury with recovery >7 mos and they eat his salary for next year putting them in lose-lose territory (no player, and no cap relief)

It's not to make a point, it's that you can't cut an injured player. If you plan to cut or trade a player, you sit his ass. Playing Mario tomorrow could be a $12.7M or $14.5M cap budget error.

I looked in to this, not too sure this is accurate. Where are you getting this?

I don't think they can officially make him inactive without pissing off the NFL because he's listed as probable.

Yolo, all respect, I don't think that's the rule. The teams are required to list any player with an injury that might impact their play or keep them from playing.

I don't think there's any requirement to list or indicate players who are not injured but who might be made healthy scratches.

It's expected (unwritten rule?) that the stars or starters will play if they're healthy, but it's neither NFL rule or an NFL policy. Otherwise, the NFL should be pissed at teams who have clinched playoffs sitting their starters, right? Yet it happens all the time and no one beefs.

Edited by Hopeful

Yolo, all respect, I don't think that's the rule. The teams are required to list any player with an injury that might impact their play or keep them from playing.

I don't think there's any requirement to list or indicate players who are not injured but who might be made healthy scratches.

It's expected (unwritten rule?) that the stars or starters will play if they're healthy, but it's neither NFL rule or an NFL policy. Otherwise, the NFL should be pissed at teams who have clinched playoffs sitting their starters, right? Yet it happens all the time and no one beefs.

i have no idea the rule, but they went after the Browns for making Haden inactive vs SD after listing as probable.

No problem with him playing one snap and then sitting the rest of the way

He's going to have to rotate in because of depth issues but I have zero problem with them making him a rotational depth guy tomorrow. I just don't think we have the horses to sit him all game.

He hasn't played since Kansas City. Give the snaps to Max Valles.

i am interested in seeing what he can do as well

He's going to have to rotate in because of depth issues but I have zero problem with them making him a rotational depth guy tomorrow. I just don't think we have the horses to sit him all game.

this makes sense

I'd recommend benching him. At this point, who cares about tomorrow's game. Benching him will give a depth guy more of a chance, plus it will set the message for next year's (hopefully better/more disciplined) team. If he's injured tomorrow, that would be very bad... Bench him tomorrow, cut him, and move on.