AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me hopes we can keep him for cheaper, because he is a good player.

But reality is, I doubt he's going to accept a significant paycut.

Just sucks to have that big of a hole to fill after last year's amazing results from our DL.

Just sucks to have that big of a hole to fill after last year's amazing results from our DL.

tought eating 7 mil in dead cap esp with our cap situation. i thought if we move the entire salary into his base salary it would lower his cap hit to 11 mil? If that's possible i'd be ok keeping him.

tought eating 7 mil in dead cap esp with our cap situation. i thought if we move the entire salary into his base salary it would lower his cap hit to 11 mil? If that's possible i'd be ok keeping him.

I'm honestly pretty ignorant with how some of the salary/cap rules work, so I haven't a clue. If the Bills can find a way to keep him and get some cap relief, awesome... but after the firestorm he's been in this season (whether his own fault or not), I can't imagine he wants to stick around.

I actually feel kind of sorry for him after reading his post-game comments, but it also struck me from those same comments that he is someone born with just freakish skills, but little passion or fire for the game, and that showed this year. Too bad, for both him and us....

Part of me wishes Mario didn't take it so far that healing couldn't be possible. I don't want him to go - and I have at least leaned towards his side - but even I understand he has to.

I actually feel kind of sorry for him after reading his post-game comments, but it also struck me from those same comments that he is someone born with just freakish skills, but little passion or fire for the game, and that showed this year. Too bad, for both him and us....

To be fair, that's kind of just his demeanor when he's not on the field. His interview are always kinda hum drum, even when things are going amazing.

a simple restructure will not help cap due to how it is set up. Need to do extension/new deal for any cap relief.

http://www.hashtagsports.net/articles/saving-the-cap-why-restructuring-mario-williams-wont-work

gotcha. thank you. it's gonna be tough to eat that salary next year. he's not gonna get 20 mil next year from anyone so i wonder if we would do an extension and keep him around to make up for last year.