AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

Possibly. Or else this was leaked to remind Mario that his tryout begins Sunday.

If that is the strategy and the timing of Mario's "tryout" then this organization would indeed be inept. Mario needed to be told directly that he has a tryout and it starts now, about the 7th game or so. Cincy, I think. You don't "tryout" a player by leaking it to the media you're gonna cut them.

That would be pointless.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll probably try to get him on their team as soon as possible so that any competent coach can get him to get to the quarterback.

Mario had no insubordination with previous coaches. Rex comes in and it's a nightmare and you guys are pointing fingers at Mario Williams. Laughable.

Actually that's not entirely true. Before the Texans let him walk in FA, there was talk that he was "taking plays off", not happy with his role in the 3-4 scheme the Texans had adopted, and that was one reason why the traditionally D-minded Texans didn't (per Mario) even extend him an offer.

Maybe Mario's attitude was more detrimental to the locker room than any of us know? Maybe there is plenty that has gone on behind the scenes to warrant this? Maybe he told someone within the organization he wanted out? Just speculating and no one knows for certain just yet, but I hate to see one of our better players on defense sent packing.

Unfortunately due to the cap structure, some of our good players will go. Mario is one probable target because he is a huge cap hit.

What bothers me isn't the idea that the Bills and Mario will part ways. What bothers me is having it leaked prior to the final game, while the player and coach claim no knowledge of the report. I don't think it's BS because Wawrow broke it. That means it's a legit Bills source positioned to know. But it's BS to leak it, and someone in the Bills organization needs to roll for this.

Right I support all the altruists here are the same.

If you're really good at one thing and have the opportunity for continued career success, already demonstrated, and then you are suddenly thrust into a different role just because there is a new boss in town, one that maginalizes everything you're good at, the right thing is just live with it forever.

How much is Pegula paying him per game again?

Actually that's not entirely true. Before the Texans let him walk in FA, there was talk that he was "taking plays off", not happy with his role in the 3-4 scheme the Texans had adopted, and that was one reason why the traditionally D-minded Texans didn't (per Mario) even extend him an offer.

Unfortunately due to the cap structure, some of our good players will go. Mario is one probable target because he is a huge cap hit.

What bothers me isn't the idea that the Bills and Mario will part ways. What bothers me is having it leaked prior to the final game, while the player and coach claim no knowledge of the report. I don't think it's BS because Wawrow broke it. That means it's a legit Bills source positioned to know. But it's BS to leak it, and someone in the Bills organization needs to roll for this.

This stuff drives me nuts. Pegula needs to hunt the person or persons down. Very unprofessional in appearance and that reflects upon the Pegulas.

How much is Pegula paying him per game again?

12k per snap approx

We were actually discussing Brandon Spikes.

I was talking about which teams would be a good fit for Spikes. Not many. But for the ones where he is a fit, he's a great one.

i'm an idiot. i have been reading too much.

Spikes would fit in with the Rams, Saints and Fins.

I was actually surprised the Fins did not bring him in midseason as their defense has been lackluster and he would have been a cheap plugin to use on run packages. i expect them or atlanta to kick the tires there to help stop the saints or panthers.

Mario's attitude should have been "gee guys, I'm totally fine playing linebacker!"?

Give me a break. Rex ruined him.

He played DE most of the last two games and watching him play made me angry. He appeared to not be trying. I couldn't believe he was not taken out of those games. Maybe he's injured and cannot give much more than he did but if this was the case, he should not have dressed. He isn't double teamed and makes no effort to get passed the first blocker, even if that person is a tight end.

He played DE most of the last two games and watching him play made me angry. He appeared to not be trying. I couldn't believe he was not taken out of those games. Maybe he's injured and cannot give much more than he did but if this was the case, he should not have dressed. He isn't double teamed and makes no effort to get passed the first blocker, even if that person is a tight end.

Exactly right. He is a whiner and a quitter. He quit his team, fans and coach. Professional? Yeah right. I thought he was a reach when we signed and overpaid him. A couple good years had me convinced otherwise. Now, well I never hope for a BB to get hurt, but I can't help myself. I truly hate the guy. He'll likely have a good year with whoever he signs with, but you can't change the fact he is an overpaid prima donna ( a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team) who will revert in due course and be a weight around the neck of his next team. Good riddance.

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

Exactly right. He is a whiner and a quitter. He quit his team, fans and coach. Professional? Yeah right. I thought he was a reach when we signed and overpaid him. A couple good years had me convinced otherwise. Now, well I never hope for a BB to get hurt, but I can't help myself. I truly hate the guy. He'll likely have a good year with whoever he signs with, but you can't change the fact he is an overpaid prima donna ( a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team) who will revert in due course and be a weight around the neck of his next team. Good riddance.

Oh... and he's no Bruce Smith...

Exactly how many times do you think Mario was asked to drop into coverage?

1 time was too many. Same for Dareus and Kyle and Hughes.

I never hope for a Bills fan to get hurt, but I can't help myself.

I truly hate you.

This post of mine sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it...