AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

Doing something one way, watching it fail and not adjusting is a different way of quitting, isn't it?

I disagree Ryan did it one way all year. Post bye-week, Dareus played more 3 technique, for instance.

Pretty sure he kept Mario at free safety, though.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the Bills tell Mario's agent they may search for a trade partner? And then wait to see if that happens before just releasing him? Or is his price tag too high?

Is it better cap wise if he's traded or is it the same? Just curious...

Do the Bills tell Mario's agent they may search for a trade partner? And then wait to see if that happens before just releasing him? Or is his price tag too high?

Is it better cap wise if he's traded or is it the same? Just curious...

You really think there's a market for Mario under his current contract? No way man!

Mario was one of the few high-priced free agent signings that has worked out for an NFL team. He was great for us before Rec and a great member of the community. The way this has all unraveled is a huge disappointment, but my disappointment lies with Mario. Rex's DL in New York played well in his scheme and are still playing well out of it. The mini-fridge incident seems to have been a microcosm of the Real locker room Mario after all, haha.

Mario's stat line post bye week:

4 tackles 1 assist 1 sack 7 games.

Edit: Just to compare:

Dareus stat line post bye week:

26 tackles 8 assists 0 sacks 8 games

Hughes

28 tackles 7 assists 4 sacks 8 games

Bryant

21 tackles 9 assists 0 sacks 7 games (estimated)

Edited by What a Tuel

Have you watched him play the last few games. ?

Regrettable but best move for everybody.

Mario to the Browns ?

No, he doesn't fit their system either. Bruce Irvin is going to be leaving Seattle after this season. Don't be surprised if Mario ends up there.

$10 says this happens again by the end of next year with another player being disappointed with how poorly rex runs his defense.

he's a manipulative drama queen who needs to suck feet.

But isn't it on the coaching staff to put him in a position to play up to his abilities? What if he'sbeing asked to cover TEs out of the backfield, or to set the edge and not rush the passer? Is that what he's best at?

So, sure, people say he should be getting constant pressure on the snaps he's asked to rush the passer? But that's putting your players in a position to fail. No one gets pressure on every single snap. Especially, when he's gassed because of the lack of substitutions and the fact that he's running around covering backs part of the time.

The problem is the same problem we've seen for over a decade. Run good players out of town because crappy coaches can't figure out how to use them. A year ago, we had one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. Now we have to retool the defense with new players, because the old players suddenly got bad. It's the very definition of treading water. We've all seen it many times over, and it's happening again.

Personally, I'm not saying Mario is indispensable. Cut him, keep him. I honestly don't think it matters. As long as we just continue to rearrange the deck chairs, the real problems are being ignored.

I am trying to think of and will likely edit this as it happens... but players ran out of town who have shown talent.

CJ Spiller is first on the list and I must say that while he has not been as productive since his one big year, especially this year, he has talent and we ran him out of town.

Lynch is a similar story but needed to go and it was for his benefit.

Posuzlny, he has been solid and a consistent starter.

fitzpatrick has been as good as anything we've had since. ...and i do say that including tyrod. tyrod is better right now but fitz has shown more consistency and lasted longer.

Incognito the first time.

Jason Peters

Fred Jackson

DaNorris Searcy

Bruce Smith

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

Takeo Spikes

Winfield

London Fletcher

Nate Clements

Who the hell can answer that question that this point? :lol:

The "leak" here is really interesting and makes sense. The only way to motivate Mario for this one game is the leak. He needs to play well since he's being showcased. If he plays incredible - 3 sacks or something - we might even get a trade offer. 11M is a good price for a top 5 pass rusher which is what he was.

If we could simply tell him find a trade partner workout a contract with them and we workout the difference or something maybe...

Too much bad tape out there with him loafing this season. Film don't lie!

what about hughes loafing? dude barely has the 5 sacks he currently has. or dareus, his stats are awful. kyle williams in his few games was horrible.

Rex may be an imbecile, but he never quit on his players, coaches, and fans.
GO BILLS!!!

no, he did not quit. he just got in over his head in a game that has passed him by, and worse yet... HE LIED!

he said he was not going to mess with a unit that was already great. he lied, he failed, he needs gone, too.

Edited by Boyst62

This was the criticism of a defense that is based on playing a slow tempo offense, which is less and less today's game.

Go back and read the transcript of the Bills press conference announcing Rex's hire--read only his comments and the word "genius" will never enter your thoughts.

I agree. RR does not come off as a genius. But he has apparently designed a defense that is so complicated that only the brightest minds in physics can begin to grasp its subtle nuances. Heck, it must be crafted in 10-dimensional space-time. :lol:

No, he doesn't fit their system either. Bruce Irvin is going to be leaving Seattle after this season. Don't be surprised if Mario ends up there.

Interesting. Carroll employs a 43 but uses 34 personnel types to run it. If Mario still has the explosive athleticism he had previously, he might be a fit there even if he is not the ususual type Carroll prefers.

GO BILLS!!!

Again you're assuming that the leak came from the Bills and not from Marios side.

I only read page 1, but was going to say the same thing - maybe Mopey Mario leaked this? Loved the guy when he came here, but not a big fan of his attitude this year...