Report: Whaley's job is safe

boater

I'm good with this. I hope they put pressure on Rex to change his D to the one last year. Enough pressure that he quits. They need to tell him he needs to can his defensive staff and change the system and just be the coach! Don't be surprised if this happens.

Edit :This would be better than changing the personnel

Edited by fansince88

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if an "insider" reports something that does not comport with your opinion (Whaley and Ryan at odds), you trash the report as nonsense. If another "insider" reports the opposite, you then praise the new report and state that it is certifiable proof that the original was garbage. Got it.

Ian Rapoport > Jason LaConjecture every time. Get that!

Oh it's very easy to understand. People need someone to vent their frustations on, whether they are part of the problem or not.

People need to just suck it up and lower their expectations. Making the playoffs isn't the be all end all. We should just be happy we have a team and if they are better than 0-16 then the season should be considered a success.

Whaley is one of the things that is right with this organization. Never could understand the misguided negative perception. The guy's job is to bring in talented players. He can't control the way they play or the way the coaches coach.

After 16 years people have to find a reason. I think Whaley is not the right choice though.

The argument for Whaley changes every season. Watch him no longer get credit or blame for Brown, Bradham, Mario or Rex even though they were all reasons to keep him 6 months ago.

Whaley did not sign Mario. Nix did. Brown was a good pick. Bad year this year. Good his rookie season.

What I believe to be the facts:

1) OBD in disarray

2) Nobody pays the price this offseason

Prediction:

1) Don't expect success (spelled playoff appearance) for 3-5 years pending regime change which will inevitably happen due too ineptness (primarily coaching staff).

Whaley is one of the things that is right with this organization. Never could understand the misguided negative perception. The guy's job is to bring in talented players. He can't control the way they play or the way the coaches coach.

What you say is true (IMO), but, if he is in lockstep with Rex then he needs to bring in the players that fit his defensive scheme. It would have been nice if that started last off season.

What I believe to be the facts:

1) OBD in disarray

2) Nobody pays the price this offseason

Prediction:

1) Don't expect success (spelled playoff appearance) for 3-5 years pending regime change which will inevitably happen due too ineptness (primarily coaching staff).

Based upon what?

i don't think the Pegulas should be Drought Dwellers and I don't think they are. Whaley has not been the GM for 16 years. They haven't been the owners for 16 years. They've been here 1 year. They need to look at the here and now and not what came before, and decide if it has the foundation to build upon in a positive direction. A "czar" type would help with that.

A czar would signal to your actual GM that the owners do not consider him capable of doing his job. If you need a "czar", you need a new GM.

After 16 years people have to find a reason. I think Whaley is not the right choice though.

Whaley did not sign Mario. Nix did. Brown was a good pick. Bad year this year. Good his rookie season.

Brown is bad this year because of the scheme. He is too slow for this defense. He will do nothing here.

What about a part time former czar who consults on larger football matters?

IMO, there's no such thing as a czar who consults. A czar calls shots and sets strategy that others below him follow. A consultant OTOH makes recommendations that do not have to be adhered to. That's my sense.

If they want to consider an outside assessment to see where those ideas fit into what they're already doing...Fine by me.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz