Report: Whaley's job is safe

boater

There really is no argument anyone can make that can sway me from the opinion that Whaley has had three years to build an offensive line, find a QB and he failed at both. The only bright spots on the team in those areas were brought in by the new HC. I'm not convinced that because the Bills have a running QB that suddenly the right side of the line is good. If the Bills had a conventional pocket QB starting this year that line would be exposed.

The right side of the line is still a disaster. Urbik can pass block, but stinks at run blocking. Miller can run block but stinks at pass blocking. There are better starting RG's to be had as a starter and backup then those two. At RT both Henderson and Kounandjio stink, pure and simple. Both should be replaced, and not by Mills.

I don't even want to think of what this year's team would look like without Incognito or Tyrod Taylor, and the team might just lose LT Cordy Glenn, and LG Richie Incognito this offseason. If that happens what a mess this team will look like then.

I just want to see the Bills make the playoffs, and SOON! I don't see that with Doug Whaley calling the shots, making all the decisions. If Rex Ryan was really his choice for HC then there is just another reason to get someone above him to make the final decisions.

We have a QB and two OL named as Pro Bowl alternates.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- We need a RT....there is no doubt about it as that is an absolute tirefire.....and we need depth, BUT the rest of the starters are good in my opinion.

- We have a starting QB.....but we cant be holding our breath every play to see if Tyrod gets up.....we NEED a good backup....and we need to draft a QB...we should draft a QB every year.

Myself? I would draft the top MLB at our 1st pick......take a QB in the 2nd......take a safety in the 3rd.....based on the way the draft fell...

In free agency I would get a RT, DE, resign Glenn, Cog, Gilmore......bye bye Mario

- We need a RT....there is no doubt about it as that is an absolute tirefire.....and we need depth, BUT the rest of the starters are good in my opinion.

There is very little o-line depth around the league. The league wide standard of o-line play is the worst I have ever seen. People who only watch the Bills might think our line is bad - it is solidly middle of the pack this year. That is how bad some of the others are. Witness the Packers with a couple of back ups in right now. I think as far as depth guards go Urbik is probably towards the top of the list.... and that is telling.

There is very little o-line depth around the league. The league wide standard of o-line play is the worst I have ever seen. People who only watch the Bills might think our line is bad - it is solidly middle of the pack this year. That is how bad some of the others are. Witness the Packers with a couple of back ups in right now. I think as far as depth guards go Urbik is probably towards the top of the list.... and that is telling.

Well I should say STRIVE to improve depth

But RT is absolutley a need.....our starting RT is getting burned badly....I mean BADLY every game.

Get ready to stay mad then. If only you had influence to sway the Pegulas

Where do you get the idea that I'm mad about anything? Frustrated yes, mad no.

All I have to offer is my opinion here in this forum on the Bills situation to other Bills fans and they can take it or leave it as they wish. I'm not paid by the team or any individual who works for the team either.

Oddly enough two of those players were brought in this offseason at the behest of the new HC, and not the GM. That new HC also wanted two linebackers, and an OG that somehow were not acquired.

I've seen enough of Kraig Urbik to see that he is marginal as even a backup player. Now it might be because he has played his seasons in Buffalo with injuries unbeknown to us fans, who knows. All I do know is there is better talent out there, and Rex Ryan tried to acquire it in La'el Collins last offseason. If that would have happened I'd have no problem with Miller as the backup. Miller might not have looked so bad to me this year had the team a better player at RT. Sort of the same way Glenn and Wood looked better with Incognito at LG.

Where do you get the idea that I'm mad about anything? Frustrated yes, mad no.

All I have to offer is my opinion here in this forum on the Bills situation to other Bills fans and they can take it or leave it as they wish. I'm not paid by the team or any individual who works for the team either.

Oddly enough two of those players were brought in this offseason at the behest of the new HC, and not the GM. That new HC also wanted two linebackers, and an OG that somehow were not acquired.

I've seen enough of Kraig Urbik to see that he is marginal as even a backup player. Now it might be because he has played his seasons in Buffalo with injuries unbeknown to us fans, who knows. All I do know is there is better talent out there, and Rex Ryan tried to acquire it in La'el Collins last offseason. If that would have happened I'd have no problem with Miller as the backup. Miller might not have looked so bad to me this year had the team a better player at RT. Sort of the same way Glenn and Wood looked better with Incognito at LG.

Where are you getting all of this

2 linebackers?

Collins?

Well I should say STRIVE to improve depth

But RT is absolutley a need.....our starting RT is getting burned badly....I mean BADLY every game.

I absolutely agree on the RT position - we do not have a starting calibre player there.

I am no fan of Urbik - believe me. There are posts from me on here when Bills fans were crying for him to be re-inserted into the line up last year where I was saying he is only a marginal improvement and is not the answer to the problem. It is more a comment on the standard of o-line depth league wide. It really is not very good. Collins has had a solid rookie year but is in the one place in the league where there is decent depth on the o-line in Dallas and has good players all around him.

My point on Urbik is just that if you swapped him for some of the back ups that have been playing for the Giants, for Green Bay and even in New England you would see the standard of back up linemen is pretty awful. Most teams in the NFL have very little depth behind their starters. I think our short term guard position with a top 3 of Incognito, Miller, Urbik is better than many.... although Cog being our best guard at the age of 33 is a long term worry. Our position comparative to the rest of the league at offensive tackle is worse. We only have one bona fide NFL starting tackle on the roster and he is about to be a FA.

People need to just suck it up and lower their expectations. Making the playoffs isn't the be all end all. We should just be happy we have a team and if they are better than 0-16 then the season should be considered a success.

As we all shell out loads of cash in the process? I will never lower my expectations and be happy with the status quo. This team had talent that was wasted and games we should of won but didnt.