New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

So now it's Thomas Jefferson's turn

By Monica Showalter

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/10/new_york_city_commission_votes_to_remove_thomas_jeffersons_statue_from_city_hall_premises.html

Flashback: Trump Predicted The Left Would Eventually Go After Statues Of Thomas Jefferson (Video)

by Mike LaChance

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/10/flashback-trump-predicted-left-eventually-go-statues-thomas-jefferson-video/

On 10/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, B-Man said:

It's just about "Confederate Generals".......

I f you object you must support slavery -- Liberal geniuses.

Per the New York Post, the city’s Public Design Commission has listed “the long term loan” of the 1833 painted plaster statue of the author of the Declaration of Independence to the New York Historical Society on its “consent” agenda for Monday. Doing so means that removal of the statue will not be up for public debate. Instead, members of the commission will vote on the statue’s removal once they’ve reviewed public comments.

Those comments should be…interesting.

The Jefferson statue was gifted to the city in 1834 by Uriah Phillips Levy, an officer of the Navy, and passed to the historical society by way of an “indefinite” loan. The statue is expected to be removed by October 21st. Unfortunately, New Yorkers will have to wait another few months to say the same about de Blasio.https://www.outkick.com/mayor-de-blasio-calls-for-removal-of-thomas-jefferson-statue/

You don't think we should honor Confederate Generals, do you? Racist traitors, right? 

Your little mind can at least admit that, right? Or does that violate your racist solidarity? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You don't think we should honor Confederate Generals, do you? Racist traitors, right? 

Your little mind can at least admit that, right? Or does that violate your racist solidarity? 

Can you get it through YOUR little mind.

It is NOT about Confederate generals anymore ?   if it ever was.

and everyone here KNOWS that you can't admit  that to yourself.

The author of the Declaration of Independence is being removed from City Hall, wake up !

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The author of the Declaration of Independence is being removed from City Hall, wake up !

No, but you agree removing those racist traitor's monuments was the right thing to do? Right? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

He also was one of the most notorious racists of his era.  So maybe he’s not someone who should be venerated in that location.  Or, perhaps the veneration should tell the whole story, namely, that he was a timeless political theorist, that he bravely prepared the Declaration of Independence, that the nation is indebted to his courage and loquaciousness, and that, in his view, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness were not available to almost all African-Americans in that time.  

Either way, I believe in the choice as to who we venerate.  And somebody chose not to venerate Thomas Jefferson anymore.  Such is life.  

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He also was one of the most notorious racists of his era.

(False) 

Either way, I believe in the choice as to who we venerate.  And somebody chose not to venerate Thomas Jefferson anymore.  Such is life.  

That's the point Section, the people of New York City are NOT being given a point.

Their "Betters" are telling them who they can have statues of.

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy 

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That's the point Section, the people of New York City are NOT being given a point.

Their "Betters" are telling them who they can have statues of.

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy 

Hoax.  They had a say.  They voted for those who appointed the committee to which the City Council delegated certain authority in this area.  Democracy 1, B-Man 0.  Don’t like it?  Move to NYC, make some friends there, and run for council. 

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  They had a say.  They voted for those who appointed the committee to which the City Council delegated certain authority in this area.  Democracy 1, B-Man 0.  Don’t like it?  Move to NYC, make some friends there, and run for council. 

Try again.

Your weak-ass spin would only be true if the citizens had heard from the nominees that the removal was part of their plan.

Otherwise, it is not an appropriate response.

But you knew that, you and tibs just cannot admit that the posts at the beginning of this thread were right.

Oh well.

I am sure that the Left will provide you more and more examples.

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Try again.

Your weak-ass spin would only be true if the citizens had heard from the nominees that the removal was part of their plan.

Otherwise, it is not an appropriate response.

But you knew that, you and tibs just cannot admit that the posts at the beginning of this thread were right.

Oh well.

I am sure that the Left will provide you more and more examples.

Hoax.  Elections have consequences. Move to NYC, run for office, and make it a campaign issue.  Or stop whining about it.  Either one. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Elections have consequences. Move to NYC, run for office, and make it a campaign issue.  Or stop whining about it.  Either one. 

I've been away awhile but I had to pop in for this one. 

We'll remember this next time you cry when state politicians change voting rules.  

How does it go?  Elections have consequences.  Move to GA, run for office, and make it a campaign issue.  Or stop whining about it.  Either one.  Did I get that right? 

Carry on hypocrite.  

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

He also was one of the most notorious racists of his era.  So maybe he’s not someone who should be venerated in that location.  Or, perhaps the veneration should tell the whole story, namely, that he was a timeless political theorist, that he bravely prepared the Declaration of Independence, that the nation is indebted to his courage and loquaciousness, and that, in his view, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness were not available to almost all African-Americans in that time.  

This is what you get when you apply different standard of behavior and morality to another time.  The Aztecs sacrificed prisoners.  The Romans were ruthless and brutal.  By today's standards many historical figures and leaders can be judged harshly.  The Taliban of today are brutal savages but their behavior is pretty consistent for what you'd expect a thousand or so years ago. 

Like most things morality and ethics are conditional and subject to change.  I'd suggest if you had the ability to travel back in time and attempted to impose today's moral and ethical standards like in Jefferson's era they wouldn't understand or comprehend what you're talking about.  The entire concept of "racism" would likely be incomprehensible to most.  You'd likely be seen as an oddly acting fool.

So today's moral thinkers characterize historical figures in a different more critical light.  The same morally superior crew that chooses to cantonize George Floyd.  Somebody that can also be portrayed as the patron saint of home invasion.  A guy that held a gun to a pregnant women's stomach and threatened to kill her and her unborn child unless she cooperated.  A career criminal and drug addict that apparently by chance happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with some unhinged cop chocking the life out of him.  Not exactly a heroes death. Both the moral and ethical crowd are perfectly willing to overlook his transgressions towards others to make their political point in our time.   I can only hope and imagine that 50 years from now people will be wondering what kind of insanity griped the country during this era.  And tear down memorials to a career criminal.  

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

If that’s your answer…it’s a really bad way to administer a government. Having a pendulum wildly swinging back and forth is a recipe for societal unrest. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We'll remember this next time you cry when state politicians change voting rules.  

How does it go?  Elections have consequences.  Move to GA, run for office, and make it a campaign issue.  Or stop whining about it.  Either one.  Did I get that right? 

Carry on hypocrite.  

Good to see you back Chef.  Hope all is well.  

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Carry on hypocrite.  

Ironic that Chef Jim Crow would return to discuss an issue of race.  Hoax.  It’s not a surprise at all that you heard the dog whistle and sprinted to share your crowy views. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If that’s your answer…it’s a really bad way to administer a government. Having a pendulum wildly swinging back and forth is a recipe for societal unrest. 

What is so wild about this?  Someone decided not to venerate a racist and a slaveholder.  Some moderately literate snowflakes have a problem with it, and that’s too bad.  Maybe they can storm city hall like they did the Capitol.  Or they can get over the movement of a statue, visit them Jefferson memorial, and pay homage that way.  

12 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Ironic that Chef Jim Crow would return to discuss an issue of race.  Hoax.  It’s not a surprise at all that you heard the dog whistle and sprinted to share your crowy views. 

My crowy views???  And what might those be?  You've had months and months to define them but you just can't seem to do that can you.  

You live in your own world.  I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.  Seeing you can't defend it you bang out your typical keyboard nonsense.  

The more things change the more they stay the same.  

Carry on one trick pony.  

• Agree 1

SamuelGoldman

@SWGoldman

They’re supposed to be opponents but in their monomania and reductionism, “anti-racist” iconoclasm and vulgar founderology are basically the same.

Incidentally, Levy and his family were also instrumental in preserving Monticello—efforts for which they received a fair bit of anti-Semitic abuse (didn’t help that they were Union people).

Edited by B-Man

• 1 month later...

Just Confederates......................what are you worried about?

RIP Thomas Jefferson statue in NYC, 1834-2021

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/11/23/rip-thomas-jefferson-statue-in-nyc-1834-2021/

I guess that he was right 

NBC News’ 2017 fact-check on Trump’s warning about Founding Fathers statues has aged horribly

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/11/22/nbc-news-2017-fact-check-on-trumps-warning-about-founding-fathers-statues-has-aged-horribly/

• Thank you (+1) 1