Who to start - Brees or Tyrod?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Here's the situation - it's the last week before the playoffs. I'm on a 6 game winning streak and am now in 4th place but I'm facing the #1 team (also on a 6 week streak) which scored 188 points last week. The team I beat last week is 1 game behind me and is playing an abandoned team. We split the season series but if I lose this week I will probably be in the consolation bracket.

So I have to win this week.

Torn on Brees vs Tyrod.

Taylor has been on fire, scoring 26-plus fantasy points in each of his last 2 games against very good KC and Houston defenses. The Philly D has given up more points to QBs than any other team in the last 4 weeks

Meanwhile the Saints are playing on the road against Tampa Bay. Brees is averaging just 12.61 PPG in 5 road games played this year. His only bad home outing was also against Tampa Bay, getting only 12.1 points.

NFL.com's projection has Brees at 22.54 and Tyrod at 12.02...

Leaning toward Tyrod. Any thoughts?

NFL.com's projections are garbage. Granted, a lot of projections are but theirs are awful. They projected Davante Adams to have 12.9 points in my league for 9 straight weeks, including the weeks he was injured.

I'd go TT. Brees has had too many bad weeks and TT has a much higher upside when it comes to rushing yards and TD's.

I am just finding out the Ingram might be out with a season ending shoulder injury. It's Spiller and Hightower there now. Might hurt Brees a little. I'd go with Tyrod though. The way they have been abused through the error is crazy. Most points to wide receivers according to one league. I am starting Sammy Watkins with confidence!

Edited by What a Tuel

Here's the situation - it's the last week before the playoffs. I'm on a 6 game winning streak and am now in 4th place but I'm facing the #1 team (also on a 6 week streak) which scored 188 points last week. The team I beat last week is 1 game behind me and is playing an abandoned team. We split the season series but if I lose this week I will probably be in the consolation bracket.

So I have to win this week.

Torn on Brees vs Tyrod.

Taylor has been on fire, scoring 26-plus fantasy points in each of his last 2 games against very good KC and Houston defenses. The Philly D has given up more points to QBs than any other team in the last 4 weeks

Meanwhile the Saints are playing on the road against Tampa Bay. Brees is averaging just 12.61 PPG in 5 road games played this year. His only bad home outing was also against Tampa Bay, getting only 12.1 points.

NFL.com's projection has Brees at 22.54 and Tyrod at 12.02...

Leaning toward Tyrod. Any thoughts?

I am having a hard time benching Tyrod for Dalton this week. Dalton is a great play, but I really think Tyrod is gonna go off this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I lost by 20 (curse you OBJ!), but the good news is that the person right behind me lost also (due to Andy Dalton's injury) so I backed into the playoffs.

My running backs really suck now that I lost LeVeon Bell and Dion Lewis. My RBs now are Javorius Allen, Antonio Andrews, Shaun Draughn, Shane Vereen and Bilal Powell. All but Vereen have been picked up off the waiver wire in the last 4 weeks.

*fingers crossed*