Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Meat & Poultry plants are not hot and dirty. They are inspected by the USDA and OSHA in addition to any state and local inspections. Dick Durbin is an idiot.

Ever seen one?  It's pretty nasty work.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ever seen one?  It's pretty nasty work.

My first career I was in Plant Management in food plants, not slaughterhouses though. We basically took the product from the meat and poultry places and used it in our finished product. I've picked up some knowledge of them vicariously and yes, they are messy. Once past the slaughterhouse stage the conditions are fairly good. The plants that I worked in/ran were by their very nature pristine with the exception of accidents or spills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Would you IF you or a loved one were one of the 300 falsely arrested?  

Bus since Donny apologized everything is OK  

I don't know how long they were detained, or what the process was exactly....do you?

I wouldn't have loved it, but if it turned out that 380 of the 680 were actually illegals, then I would be fine with it.

In other words, I'm fine with it.

Edited by OJ Tom

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who said they were "falsely arrested"?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When are you going to learn to check your facts before posting? Of the 680 that were detained 300 were released pending a court date.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49283157

ICE spokesman Bryan Cox told the BBC that, of the 680 people arrested in Wednesday's raids, more than 300 had been released with notices to appear before immigration judges.

"They were placed into proceedings before the federal immigration courts and will have their day in court at a later date," he said in an emailed statement.

Those who were not released will be moved to an ICE detention facility and held there, Mr Cox said.

About 30 of the people detained were released on humanitarian grounds, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Mississippi said.

Mr Cox said those arrested were asked if they had any dependents needing care or if they had any children at school who needed to be picked up.

They were given access to phones at the processing site to make arrangements to care for their children. He said those with childcare issues were "expeditiously processed and returned".

In response to critics who called the raids cruel and harmful to the workers' children, Mr Cox said the agency had directed two Homeland Security Investigations employees to notify schools of the operation and provide contact details for any children whose parents did not pick them up.

"This agency took extensive steps in planning for this operation to take special care of situations involving adults who may have childcare situations or children at school at the time of their arrest."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

When are you going to learn to check your facts before posting? Of the 680 that were detained 300 were released pending a court date.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49283157

ICE spokesman Bryan Cox told the BBC that, of the 680 people arrested .........

of situations involving adults who may have childcare situations or children at school at the time of their arrest."

Whenever you look into these accusations, It's never really like what these whining posters try to imply. They always leave out some critical points, just to get it to fit their narrative.

I'm done with these a-holes. I'm at zero tolerance.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Whenever you look into these accusations, It's never really like what these whining posters try to imply. They always leave out some critical points, just to get it to fit their narrative.

I'm done with these a-holes. I'm at zero tolerance.

Eh, @ShadyBillsFan is a dishonest piece of crap, who apparently comes here so he can "rile" up PPP. You'll notice he ran away from backing up his "false arrest" stupidity...

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

So Shady, you got nuttin?

I'm still waiting to find out all about these "false arrests" that the dumbass proclaimed.

It's funny that he ran away like a scared little B word when pushed, by multiple people, on his dumbassery.

Trump Green Card Rule: Three Lefty Lies Debunked

by David Catron

Original Article

It has long since become commonplace for the Democrats and the media to misrepresent any and all policies proposed by the Trump administration, but the blizzard of balderdash that greeted the so-called “green card rule” has been over the top even by left-wing standards.

From the moment acting Citizenship and Immigration Services director Ken Cuccinelli announced it on Monday, the public charge regulation — which merely implements two bipartisan statutes passed in the 1990s — has been mischaracterized as a reversal of the nation’s historical immigration philosophy, a racist conspiracy, and a plot to favor rich immigrants over their poor counterparts. 

More at the link:

9th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling Will Allow Trump Asylum Ban in Texas and New Mexico

A ruling from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday will allow for the Trump administration’s asylum ban at certain crossings in Texas and New Mexico.
The Hill reports that “the court said in a ruling that it denied the government’s broader request to reverse a previous decision blocking the policy, but upheld the injunction for states on the border outside of its jurisdiction.”

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

9th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling Will Allow Trump Asylum Ban in Texas and New Mexico

A ruling from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday will allow for the Trump administration’s asylum ban at certain crossings in Texas and New Mexico.
The Hill reports that “the court said in a ruling that it denied the government’s broader request to reverse a previous decision blocking the policy, but upheld the injunction for states on the border outside of its jurisdiction.”

</snip>

Wait, we now have a Federal Court who respects it's jurisdictional boundries?!?

• Haha (+1) 1