Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Jesus was a globalist?  

Now this is the stupidest thing I'll read all day.  You never fail to disappoint.  

Perhaps you're unaware the "he's got the whole world in his hands..."

Ipso facto...globalist

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

PuyQj_5R_bigger.jpgVictoria Parks‏ @ParksThriller
FollowFollow @ParksThriller

Maybe I'm not understanding this. When my husband and I were in the process of getting my green card, I was asked if I ever received benefits in my country, as well as had to sign a declaration I wouldn't use any benefits here. So what's the difference that I'm obviously missing?

8:09 AM - 12 Aug 2019

VySp5J2d_bigger.jpgSean White‏ @bassbaritoneca
FollowFollow @bassbaritoneca

Absolutely correct. When I submitted for a K1 visa for my wife more than 16 years ago, I also had to sign a declaration that we would not use public assistance.

8:21 AM - 12 Aug 2019

I guess since the Administration actually is trying to follow the law, they have to "announce" it.......................

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I guess since the Administration actually is trying to follow the law, they have to "announce" it.......................

...why bother having the effin' things on the books if nobody has the bawls to enforce them?....those enforced versus those uninforced should breed "equal" faith and trust in our vaunted system, right?......effed up....

More on the meat packing round-up (heh):

Arrested in Mississippi Had a Criminal Record

Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan told NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday that out of the 680 individuals arrested during raids on food processing plants throughout Mississippi last week, 200 of them had a criminal record.

“So again, this is a criminal investigation of the employers who are exploiting an undocumented workforce and skirting our laws. Now, when you do an operation at a worksite, you can't ignore people that are there without the proper permission to be in the United States. You don't know who they are. Over 200 of these individuals had a criminal record in the U.S.,” he said.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
fixed link
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Trump administration defends Ice raids and says timing was 'unfortunate'

ICE raids: 300 of 680 arrested at Mississippi plants were ...

https://www.alamogordonews.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/08/immigration-raids-at...

5 days ago · ICE released 300 of the 680 detained in raids at Mississippi food processing plants. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested 680 people at food processing plants in small towns ...

Just arrest them. we'll sort it out later 

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Trump administration defends Ice raids and says timing was 'unfortunate'

ICE raids: 300 of 680 arrested at Mississippi plants were ...

https://www.alamogordonews.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/08/immigration-raids-at...

5 days ago · ICE released 300 of the 680 detained in raids at Mississippi food processing plants. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested 680 people at food processing plants in small towns ...

Just arrest them. we'll sort it out later 

Yeah, I like that idea.

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The old Democrat party would support better working conditions and wages for Americans working in those plants.  Hot, dirty, monotonous and dangerous sounds like he's describing auto worker assembly plant conditions from the 60's.  Not to mention that maybe we don't want our meat processed in dirty plants. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The old Democrat party would support better working conditions and wages for Americans working in those plants.  Hot, dirty, monotonous and dangerous sounds like he's describing auto worker assembly plant conditions from the 60's.  Not to mention that maybe we don't want our meat processed in dirty plants. 

Meat & Poultry plants are not hot and dirty. They are inspected by the USDA and OSHA in addition to any state and local inspections. Dick Durbin is an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1