I know your thinking it just like me what IF WE WIN

Pretty simple. We beat the Cheaters we will establish something that has been missing from this team for a while. Consistency. The defense comes around and does their job and the offense moves the ball and does their job and hangs enough points to win. I will begin to believe the hype. That will make 3 games in a row and two big road division games. I don't know if there will anybody out there that could not label the Bills a contender. It's a big if but I think they can do it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills win, I will have my camera mounted on a tripod to video the monkeys flying out of my butt.

I have only heard stories of such.

Looking forward to the Event. Like chasing Twisters I bet?

If we win I promise to put my "Fire Rex Ryan" sig away for the time being. Hell, if we break the Pats streak on their home field in front of the world in prime time I will nominate Rex for a Sainthood. Saint Doug? Pah.

and i thought it said Free Rex Ryan.

fire rex ryan seems a little harsh so soon

Tuesday is going to be so much fun when reality returns

Yes some posters seem to be a lot more happy after losses and disappear after wins.

I predict half of the posters will be predicting we don't win another game all year and demanding Rex be fired or burned at the stake.

So what is different from what they post now?

Oh yes, I remember that meaningless game where we were on the outside of the playoffs and Brady was watching from the sidelines resting!

Yes the game where we were winning at half time. Both you and media neglect to mention that part, good luck in joining the Buffalo opposition press.

I'm pretty confident we're going to win.

No. I'm not drunk.

The 2 biggest weaknesses to our Defense are gone. We can't cover RBs or slot WRs. Both threats on NE are gone. We double Gronk all night and let our corners shutdown LaFell.

This is on Tyrod and the O. Get 27 points and we'll win. Their defense can be exploited. We just ran the ball down the Jets throats.

I'm extremely confident and excited about what a win in New England is going to mean for this team.

Edited by Big Blitz

Unless they plan on ending Brady's season, there's ZERO chance they win. They need to dirty hit him EVERY single play.

No they don't. Stop committing critical penalties; stop giving great field position to Brady. We will keep the game close and who knows.

Pretty simple. We beat the Cheaters we will establish something that has been missing from this team for a while. Consistency. The defense comes around and does their job and the offense moves the ball and does their job and hangs enough points to win. I will begin to believe the hype. That will make 3 games in a row and two big road division games. I don't know if there will anybody out there that could not label the Bills a contender. It's a big if but I think they can do it.

Reading several national news outlets, you come away with the feeling that these guys want the Bills to succeed and become a national level talking point. THey see enough media material on this team starting from Rex that they want to cover us....The bills will explode the market if they do win the game.

1. Blitz repeatedly up the middle - never from the outside

2. Bracket Gronk with Gilmore and Graham. If Amendola and the rest of their JV WR's beat Darby, Rambo, McKelvin then there is no hope.

3. About five times, just rush two guys from the same side of the line and drop 9. I'm serious. Send a rested Mario and Dareus against Center and Guard or a rested Mario and Hughes against G and T. Double Gronk and play 5 wide zones 3-7 yards off the ball. The line won't know what to do. It may take time but one of those guys will get free. Either Brady gets inpatient and throws into coverage or he sits back there until one of those guys breaks through.

4. Let TT win the game not just manage it.

What IF we win.

well it won't mean a thing if you don't follow it up with other wins. Win 5 of the last 7 and you are guaranteed to be in the playoff field. It's doesn't matter who you get those 5 wins against, but you need 5. Now 4 wins might get you in but getting only 4 leaves potential complications. Anything less than that will leave you short of the stated goal.

1. Blitz repeatedly up the middle - never from the outside

2. Bracket Gronk with Gilmore and Graham. If Amendola and the rest of their JV WR's beat Darby, Rambo, McKelvin then there is no hope.

3. About five times, just rush two guys from the same side of the line and drop 9. I'm serious. Send a rested Mario and Dareus against Center and Guard or a rested Mario and Hughes against G and T. Double Gronk and play 5 wide zones 3-7 yards off the ball. The line won't know what to do. It may take time but one of those guys will get free. Either Brady gets inpatient and throws into coverage or he sits back there until one of those guys breaks through.

4. Let TT win the game not just manage it.

I like. Especially number 2. With no Lewis and no Edelman it becomes even more vital that we do not let Gronk beat us. I'll take my chances vs the rest.

I know I remember. Our D played its worst half of the year 2nd half at home to New England last year.

If he is their number 1 target on Monday I give us a chance to win that game. If we let Gronk beat us that is just dumb.

how was that different than the game this season? 451 passing yards !!!!

FWIW The Cheatriots had almost as many penalties as Buffalo had

11-119** to 14-140

how was that different than the game this season? 451 passing yards !!!!

FWIW The Cheatriots had almost as many penalties as Buffalo had

11-119** to 14-140

Oh we sucked against them this year too, no doubt. But Lewis and Edelman were just short of 200 yards of that. Gronk was 113. The former two are missing - so stop Gronk! If they beat you with LeFell and Amendola and Dobson so be it. But make them do that.

tone sure doesn't carry over on the boards now does it.

They looked like they were doing a decent job of containment but the yards kept piling up.

Bump the b-tards at the LOS and knock them off their rhythm. Gilmore better play them closer and not give them the 10 yard buffer!

If they do that, then Brady has to hold the ball longer to make his reads.

Edelman had become such a critical component to the Patriot's offense that it's difficult to say how significantly his injury will impact on them. In any case, it's hard to bet against Brady and Belichek. They always seem to find a way to win despite injuries. But if we finally turn on the blitz, all bets are off.

In my breaking this game down I think Brady will miss WR Julian Edleman, and RB Dion Lewis a LOT!

But the Patriots also have WR Danny Amandola who is used to playing in that Wess Welker / Edleman type of roll. They also have WR's Brandon Lafell & Aaron Dobson who have both been quiet in the offense this year because Brady would throw so often to those two that are now out injured.

Then there is the unquestionable best tight end in today's game in Rob Gronkowski who no team has been able to stop, and also they have TE Scott Chandler who they use in the red zone for another big target. The Patriots now have LeGarrette Blount at the starting RB position who is a hammer of a RB much the same way the Bills Karlos Williams has been for Buffalo.

The biggest loss to the Patriots in terms of a player is probably RB Dion Lewis who was so adept at running the ball, and catching passes out of the backfield like a wide receiver.

After only 9 games Tom Brady is currently the leading yardage passer in the league with 3,043 yards, and 24 TD's. The Patriots currently are fielding the #2 team in the NFL in total offense, and they are the #3 passing team in the league.

This game will be about slowing down Brady by getting pressure on him, and now allowing him to get into a solid rhythm. It will also be about protecting Tyrod Taylor who was sacked 8 times in the first game. But then we all know what happens when Brady gets into a funk, and has difficulty throwing it at all. Belichick will start pounding the rock to help stabilize Brady, and once the defense then works on stopping the run then Brady starts throwing again.

The Bills played a soft cover defense in the first game unlike any team I've even seen coached by Rex Ryan. He was having the Bills DB's play ten yards off the line of scrimmage while having the front four play a passive aggressive style with the ends rushing, and DT's in gap control. The Bills had Jerry Hughes dropping into pass coverage on Gronkowski at times, and also had Kyle Williams dropping back to cover an area like in a zone blitz scheme. When this happened the Bills would then at times only rush with three. Brady then scorched the Bills secondary to the record setting tune of 466 yards passing allowed because of that craptastic Ryan scheme.

I was so used to seeing the Jets run that overload Blitz scheme under Pettine where he would always send one more then the offense had blocking to get pressure on the QB. This years defensive scheme is a total turnaround from that scheme, and is currently 30th in QB hurries, 29th in sacks, and sack percentage.

The Buffalo Bills are currently fielding the 16th best defense in yardage, 18th against the pass, 8th against the run, 15th in scoring allowed. What the Bills defense has been good at is getting turnovers, and are currently 6th in the league with a +5 turnover differential. The Bills are also #3 in "toxic differential" which means Its not merely good enough to avoid turning the ball over, you need to generate big offensive plays as well. The holy grail is having a double positive, in other words a team is winning the turnover differential AND the explosive play differential. That stat was created by ex Raven HC Brian Billick.

This game for the Buffalo Bills will be like climbing Mt Everest without oxygen. Meaning it can be done, but its an almost impossible task even on a good day.