I know your thinking it just like me what IF WE WIN

I think even Brady said the other day that whilst Amendola can play that slot role he is not Edelman or Welker. He isn't as quick in and out of breaks and doesn't have that same short space quickness. He is a good receiver, no doubt about that, but it isn't a like for like plug and play replacement. What will be interesting is whether the Patriots try and run on us at all. They basically put the run game away for the first game... used it as a nice change up every now and again.... but now with Blount as the primary back do they go back to that? Do they feature Bolden or White at all as receivers out of the backfield? What I saw watching the Washington games was that when Brady did get Bolden lined up wide against a linebacker he was still willing to go there with the ball.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think even Brady said the other day that whilst Amendola can play that slot role he is not Edelman or Welker. He isn't as quick in and out of breaks and doesn't have that same short space quickness. He is a good receiver, no doubt about that, but it isn't a like for like plug and play replacement. What will be interesting is whether the Patriots try and run on us at all. They basically put the run game away for the first game... used it as a nice change up every now and again.... but now with Blount as the primary back do they go back to that? Do they feature Bolden or White at all as receivers out of the backfield? What I saw watching the Washington games was that when Brady did get Bolden lined up wide against a linebacker he was still willing to go there with the ball.

I think the major difference is that Amendola can somewhat fill that Edleman / Welker role, and right now the Patriots have nobody like Dion Lewis who was excellent at both running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield.

In that Washington game Boldin had one rush for 12 yards, and 3 rec for 27 yards 1 TD, and in the next game against the Giants he had one rush for -3 yards, and no receptions

Believe it or not Edelman was the reception leader in only one game this year, and that was against Dallas.

Steelers-A Brown

Buffalo- Gronkowski

Jacksonville- Gronkowski

Dallas-Edelman

Indy- Amendola

Jets- Gronkowski

Miami-Gronkowski

Washington-Lafell

NY Giants- Gronkowski

Brady makes whomever he decides to throw to the most look good.

A big win against the **patsie's means we'll lose the next 2....A loss, everyone jumps off the band wagon, but they win there next 2 and there's hope again....Ah, to be a Bills fan...

This. They will crap the bed against the Chefs and then the game I'll be attending against Houston will be some kind of 10-6 crapfest like the MNF game this week.

I still hold fast to my plan to beat the Pettifoggers... Go for it on 4th down every time. We can't stop them so we have to win in a track meet. Our game plan changes because we know we are going for it so 3rd down can be more conservative if needed.

Edited by MikeSpeed

I still hold fast to my plan to beat the Pettifoggers... Go for it on 4th down every time. We can't stop them so we have to win in a track meet. Our game plan changes because we know we are going for it so 3rd down can be more conservative if needed.

Is there such a thing as a 3 back set? the I formation +1?

FB, HB, RB - punch a hole through the line

Maryland_I_green.PNG