Bills and Sabres playing at the same time tonight

Charles Romes

this is america, hockey is irrelevant. it's somewhere below NASCAR and the PGA tour. but hey, still more fans than MLS soccer and WNBA

i'm a Sabres fan but just telling it like it is. the NFL is america's game (sorry baseball). an early season hockey game has no relevance

And that has what effect on yours or anyone else's ability to enjoy it?

I'll be bringing the bed room TV into the living room and watching both. There's enough stoppages in football to keep an eye on both. Of course now that the Sabres are winning a little bit and I care now, I'll be a drunken nervous wreck for a few hours this evening.

Anyone dogging the sabres hasn't watched Eichel and the new team play yet. They are very exciting.

Its happened many times.

In todays world this isnt a problem, many ways to watch both. Sabres game will be entering the 3rd period when the Bills kick off. Plus there are 82 Sabres games, 16 Bills.

Not really a dilemma.

Sabres game starts at 7:30 so it will probably be a couple of minutes into the 2nd period when Bills game starts.

I can't recall this ever happening before except the maybe the playoffs. You think that two multi-billion dollar organizations could do a conflict check.

It's happened handful of times in my lifetime, just not so much within the last 15 years. The reason why is we haven't been good enough to be scheduled for primetime games.

The good news is if this game goes poorly, we always have Jack to turn to.

Having watched him for the first time on Tuesday night against the Lightning, I really liked what I saw. Command during stoppages in play, amazing puck skills, ALWAYS having the puck. Can't wait for the next 10 years with him.

And Chad Johnson is Jacque Cloutier 2.0!

Having watched him for the first time on Tuesday night against the Lightning, I really liked what I saw. Command during stoppages in play, amazing puck skills, ALWAYS having the puck. Can't wait for the next 10 years with him.

And Chad Johnson is Jacque Cloutier 2.0!

That was Eichel's best game as a pro so far. He was all of the place, calm with the puck, and was making defenders look slow. Even in just the 12 games or so you can see he's already getting more comfortable on the ice and gaining chemistry with the team. It's fun to watch their transformation from no chemistry and unfamiliar with the system to a real hockey team.

Bump. Is Eichel a Pats*** fan? The recent Beyond Blue and Gold featured Eichel showing his (Matt Moulson's) house, and he bragged about several Bills hats from New Era that he loved.

Yes he is...but cant blame em for tht he grew up in New England. Give him 5 years here, maybe his mind will change. Have not seen that Blue and Gold yet