Refugee Crisis in Europe

The world has gotten very small, and while we're post-colonial, we're very much imperial. And that's not a bad thing, because I'm not interested in giving up the American lifestyle at any class level, or the mobility available. However empire does require maintence, and maintenance requires involvement and proximity.

The two options, given this, are Westerization or oppression.

I'm in favor of Westerization.

That's very neoconservative of you. :)

You tell me. Are they? I have no idea where you are going with such wide open questions, but if your point is we shouldn't let these political prisoners in I'd disagree

Is that right? Or is that what the radicals want you to think

!@#$ off, ****head. We're having an adult discussion.

You tell me. Are they? I have no idea where you are going with such wide open questions, but if your point is we shouldn't let these political prisoners in I'd disagree

Come on Goober give it a shot. Don't concern yourself so much with why he's askind he just asked you a question and a simple yes or no question at that.

!@#$ off, ****head. We're having an adult discussion.

You? That's funny. You are a douche bag

Come on Goober give it a shot. Don't concern yourself so much with why he's askind he just asked you a question and a simple yes or no question at that.

Go for it! Love to read your answers

I'm not asking a "gotcha" question. I'm asking a simple yes or no question, and welcoming any editorializing you might wish to do.

Your unwillingness speaks very clearly to your purpose here, which is not to converse, but rather to be a disruptive distraction, a flame throwing liar, and a general ass. Why can't you just act like an adult?

Except that the people being Westernized consider Westernization to be oppression.

I'm not willing to listen to any arguments from them claiming moral relativism. It's a dead philosophy.

I'm not asking a "gotcha" question. I'm asking a simple yes or no question, and welcoming any editorializing you might wish to do.

Your unwillingness speaks very clearly to your purpose here, which is not to converse, but rather to be a disruptive distraction, a flame throwing liar, and a general ass. Why can't you just act like an adult?

I'm not willing to listen to any arguments from them claiming moral relativism. It's a dead philosophy.

Are you willing to intervene in the ME again because of practices we consider immoral?

Asking incredibly wide open questions that could go off in any direction isn't really acting like an adult. if you have something to say, just say it Mr. Adult. Is that too much to ask?

Are you willing to intervene in the ME again because of practices we consider immoral?

I'm not willing to do it, I advocate for it.

However, it's not because of some notions of immorality; but rather because:

1. We own the mess there

2. Global market stability depends on it

3. The success and spread of ISIS in the region directly threatens strategic allies, and ultimately, in the long game, ourselves

Asking incredibly wide open questions that could go off in any direction isn't really acting like an adult. if you have something to say, just say it Mr. Adult. Is that too much to ask?

Tell you what, you let me know when you'd like to participate in the conversation.

At this point, I can clearly see that you don't want to.

It's not moral relativism. It's basic psychology: you try to force people to be something they ain't, and they resist it. Particularly when you're talking about societies that have been stable and consistent for a couple millenia or so.

You can dislike that all you want. But you can't address the problems of terrorism without admitting that's a contributing factor. You can't expect Durrani goat-herders in Kandahar to act like people in Odessa TX just because you think it's better for them.

UN warns Europe against 'backtracking' on migrant commitments

http://news.yahoo.com/un-warns-states-against-backtracking-migrant-commitments-110254476.html

So Far: Syrian Refugees in U.S. Include 2,098 Muslims, 53 Christians

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/syrian-christians-are-greatest-peril-least-likely-be-admitted

President Obama said Monday that calls from some quarters for the U.S. to admit only Christian refugees from Syria were “shameful,” yet the reality is that today’s refugee system discriminates, not against Syrian Muslims, but against Christians and other non-Muslim minorities.

Fleeing persecution at the hands of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and other jihadist groups, Syrian Christians generally avoid U.N. refugee camps because they are targeted there

Most refugees considered for resettlement in the U.S. are referred by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

065G-1.jpg

You're an ass. He's not asking an open-ended question. He's asking you to explain YOUR stance on the issue.

It's only open-ended if you have no stance, fool.

UN warns Europe against 'backtracking' on migrant commitments

http://news.yahoo.com/un-warns-states-against-backtracking-migrant-commitments-110254476.html

So now they're migrants again?

How much help is the UN giving them?

I'm not willing to do it, I advocate for it.

However, it's not because of some notions of immorality; but rather because:

1. We own the mess there

2. Global market stability depends on it

3. The success and spread of ISIS in the region directly threatens strategic allies, and ultimately, in the long game, ourselves

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I was delving into a hypothetical future situation. Let's say the region stabilizes in the next 10 years or so. ISIS is diminished, etc etc.

If you don't subscribe to moral relativism, do you advocate to intervene when a ME government institutes Sharia law? When women are ritually murdered and it is considered justified? Do you morally condemn them and advocate for action? Or is it "wrong" but not our place?

As an aside, totally agree with the "owning the mess" part and ISIS being a long term threat. We have the moral obligation to figure it out over there.

Edited by FireChan

You're an ass. He's not asking an open-ended question. He's asking you to explain YOUR stance on the issue.

It's only open-ended if you have no stance, fool.

Asking is ethnic history is important? In what way? To which ethnic group? Totally open ended. And don't call me an ass, its so unadult like of you

Seriously? You want me to answer a question that was asked of you? :lol:

Wow! You didn't do it!?! I'm so shocked! You never answer anything at all probably because you know you will look foolish if you tried

I've got a clue for you. Yes and no question (which is what he asked) are closed ended questions. If you care to make it into an open ended question that for you to decide. And I've got a bigger clue for you. Asking questions (open or closed ended) is called........wait for it.........a discussion. :wallbash:

Asking is ethnic history is important? In what way? To which ethnic group? Totally open ended. And don't call me an ass, its so unadult like of you

Wow! You didn't do it!?! I'm so shocked! You never answer anything at all probably because you know you will look foolish if you tried

Do you believe that national borders, cultural identities, and ethnic history are important?

Yes. I believe it's important. Your turn.

Why should I answer a question tasker asked you? Do you have a good reason or are you just being a child again?

Holy ****, not only can you not answer the question, you're too damned stupid to accurately repeat it.

It was a very simple: is ethnic history important? Justify your answer. That means: take a position, and YOU YOURSELF explain in what way, to which ethnic group.

That's very basic high-school level **** here...I know we're challenging you with it. But just think: you'll be ahead of the rest of your class when you start in a couple years.

Do you believe that national borders, cultural identities, and ethnic history are important?

Yes. I believe it's important. Your turn.

Great, in which ways? So does that mean we end free trade and raise tariffs barriers again?

And exactly which cultural identity does America have?? Football commercials? American Idol? The Big Mac?