The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

On 4/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Chef Jim said:

Jesus ***** H. Christ!  The inmates (or more to the point The Children) are running the asylum.  

I was ready to share the outrage about the treatment of Hect, until I got to this - 

Hect told the audience that “when [Trump] did something that I thought he did well,I wanted to like [the tweets] in hopes to lead to more good behavior,” adding that he does not support Donald Trump overall.

Hect also apologized for liking the tweets that mentioned building a wall, calling it “a huge mistake.”

After the forum, Hect sent an email to the MHC community, claiming he was “appreciative” of the “level of participation.”

“It was clear to me during the event that I have work to do in order to better lead a campus police department charged with supporting and protecting this wonderfully diverse, intelligent and committed community of students, faculty and staff,” Hect wrote.

Hect also listed “immediate steps” he would take in the coming days to achieve his goal of making the campus police be “a positive influence on campus safety.” The steps included creating a Campus Safety Advisory Committee and attending an “immersive training program” to learn about “challenging biases and exploring beliefs.” His steps also included events such as meeting with a class for a “restorative justice circle,” and two “listening sessions” where community members could express their concerns about safety on campus.

He pandered, apologized, and groveled before the idiotic student/school admin lynch mob. He lost any sympathy he might have gotten from me. What kind of police chief could he be without any balls?

Never apologize. Hit back twice as hard as you are hit. Give the snowflakes an inch, and not only will they take a mile they will run you out of town.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I was ready to share the outrage about the treatment of Hect, until I got to this - 

He pandered, apologized, and groveled before the idiotic student/school admin lynch mob. He lost any sympathy he might have gotten from me. What kind of police chief could he be without any balls?

Never apologize. Hit back twice as hard as you are hit. Give the snowflakes an inch, and not only will they take a mile they will run you out of town.

This sadly is the rule to follow in the modern world. NEVER APOLOGIZE TO THE MOB. Ever. Because that won't stop them, it'll only embolden them.

That doesn't mean say whatever insulting thing you want, or to be purposefully inflammatory or mean. It means, if you believe in a position defend it even against the social media mob.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I thought the exact same thing.  I would have tendered my resignation immediately.  There is no way in hell I would work for/with any organization that takes thing that I like, that they don't, and use them against me regarding my employment status.  Chickshiit. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This sadly is the rule to follow in the modern world. NEVER APOLOGIZE TO THE MOB. Ever. Because that won't stop them, it'll only embolden them.

That doesn't mean say whatever insulting thing you want, or to be purposefully inflammatory or mean. It means, if you believe in a position defend it even against the social media mob.

Oh no.  If that were me I'd be terribly "insulting".   

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Stop & Shop is a regional grocery store in NE that is 100% unionized. They went out on strike yesterday. Company says they have the highest pay rate than any other grocery workers. > $25 per hour. 

Today Lieawatha joined ranks with the strikers. 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unfortunately, the mob sees any and all apologies as an admission of guilt. Nothing more, and it's never enough.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:28 PM, bbb said:

I recruit doctors.  It's insane to me that a woman will go to college for 4 years, med school for 4 years, do an internship for 1 year, and then do say 3-5 years of residency................And, then tell me she only wants a part time job because she just got married and wants to have kids.

Between that and knowing so many women who were on the fast track but then got married to rich guys instead and became housewives, I want to scream when I see things like April 2nd being the day that women have to work to for free basically.  There is no gender pay gap when it's broken down statistically.  

I was talking to someone about this the other day. They cited a (highly flawed) study as their source material. I asked her if the study assumed the entire country's gender. She didn't know what to say.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is as good a spot as any to pose my favorite question.  "Why?"   What are they looking to accomplish?  What are the pros and cons of such a decision?  How come no one asks these questions?

The only reason I've ever been able to guess at is that they do this to pick a fight, much like they stage the Christian baker stories.

Anger, yelling, fighting, and pointing at Christians in hopes of getting them to shut up in surrender is just something the left does very well. This makes their base throw more money into their campaigns. It works very well in CA, where a couple of years ago the state allowed any child, K-12, to identify as the opposite sex and permit that child access to all things -- sports, locker rooms, etc -- of the opposite sex.

Fast forward two years and I don't think there's a single red county or city in the entire state. Dem Supermajority means all the new taxes they're about to impose. The trans thing didn't do it, but it was one cog in a fast-rolling wheel.

Just a thought more than anything...

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

This is as good a spot as any to pose my favorite question.  "Why?"   What are they looking to accomplish?  What are the pros and cons of such a decision?  How come no one asks these questions?

Because asking those questions is homophobic, so shut up!

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And, unfortunately, that's not much different for what the actual response was for asking that those questions. 

If you can think of a more substantive justification, I'm all for it.  That's the best I've got.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Your flag is not inclusive enough, so we are going to exclude you to show how inclusive and tolerant of others we are!

https://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-flag-ordered-park-near-statue-liberty-202011774.html

I wonder how the full faith and credit clause applies to that.

Side note: both New Jersey and Mississippi have the same State Folk Dance: Square Dancing.  I wonder which state will be the first to change that...

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I wonder how the full faith and credit clause applies to that.

Side note: both New Jersey and Mississippi have the same State Folk Dance: Square Dancing.  I wonder which state will be the first to change that...

I had no idea such a thing existed. 22 states have square dancing as the State Folk Dance. 

11 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Your flag is not inclusive enough, so we are going to exclude you to show how inclusive and tolerant of others we are!

https://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-flag-ordered-park-near-statue-liberty-202011774.html

NY state flag has two chicks in a bondage ritual, Virginia flag depicts violence, Mass hole flag promotes their own Senator's presidential bid and these are ok?

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

NY state flag has two chicks in a bondage ritual, Virginia flag depicts violence, Mass hole flag promotes their own Senator's presidential bid and these are ok?

Yes.