The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

On 3/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, B-Man said:

Historian: I warned the 1619 Project’s author she was wrong about the Revolutionary War. 

The 1619 project wasn’t about being right.

It wasn’t even about history.

It was about pushing an anti-American narrative.

It’s best understood as a psywar operation aimed at demoralizing the enemy, in this case the American people.

And as night follows day....................they award the false story.

This isn't outrageous because the 1619 Project was a left-wing ideological push,

it's outrageous because all serious historians that have examined it (including far-left ones) agree that it's pseudohistory

SCAM !

• Like (+1) 2

A Pulitzer win is a key part of laundering the 1619 project into respectable discourse and, as is the stated ultimate goal, our schools' curriculum

Absolute disgrace and further undermines any journalists who receives this prize now or in the future.

"Pulitzer Prize winner" now means about the same as "Made in China"...

• Thank you (+1) 4

On 5/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, B-Man said:

A Pulitzer win is a key part of laundering the 1619 project into respectable discourse and, as is the stated ultimate goal, our schools' curriculum

Did you know that Patrick Henry's famous line is misquoted? Yeah, he actually said, to the 2nd Virginia Convention, "Give me liberty or give me death, so that we can continue to oppress the ignorant knee-grows in perpetual bondage to their superior white masters!" This swung the balance in favor of independence against those pesky English who wanted to dismantle slavery.

Can I has Pulitzer now?

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Did you know that Patrick Henry's famous line is misquoted? Yeah, he actually said, to the 2nd Virginia Convention, "Give me liberty or give me death, so that we can continue to oppress the ignorant knee-grows in perpetual bondage to their superior white masters!" This swung the balance in favor of independence against those pesky English who wanted to dismantle slavery.

Can I has Pulitzer now?

He said that, in addition to being a kid doctor? Yes on that Pulitzer! Can you also explain how he is aging backwards?

5aba8e9432167424008b461c.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

He said that, in addition to being a kid doctor? Yes on that Pulitzer! Can you also explain how he is aging backwards?

5aba8e9432167424008b461c.jpg

You remember that movie Brad Pitt did where he aged backwards? Yeah, that was based on NPH's life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I'll be interested to see who, of the people I know, will defend this action by the SA city council. I already have the list drawn up in my mind, and will check it against my facebook feed over the next few weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Turbo-charging The Great Depression and Great Repression

... It is no accident that we are seeing a broad range of enhanced police-state arrangements being put into place during the “COVID Pandemic.” Police-state arrangements are multiplying, often out of sight and with zero scrutiny.

New police-state arrangements include stepping up the number of police departments in dozens of U.S. cities using more drones to “protect public health”—usually without telling anyone. A dystopian atmosphere has even emerged in some places.

We are also seeing big tech companies like Apple launching “tracing apps” so as to “find infected people” and  “improve public health.” Such apps will gather, store, and misuse gigantic quantities of private information, creating much anguish and many headaches for people in a variety of ways.

State “digital checkpoints” have also conveniently emerged during the “COVID Pandemic.” Some states are now setting up arrangements that require those driving into their state to stop at some place close to the state border and complete some sort of digital personal inventory and questionnaire before being permitted to enter the state. Putting aside the many embarrassing logistical and technical problems that have emerged with these poorly-conceived antisocial arrangements, this is nonetheless an effective way to gather extensive private and personal information—and it is probably unconstitutional; certainly not something Americans are used to or should get used to.

Perhaps worse, several mayors of major cities have publicly, casually, and openly called on people to snitch on each other in the name of “improving public heath.” Snitching all of a sudden has been cynically turned into a virtue, even a heroic act. But is such an approach a progressive, responsible, and ethical way to build a modern society that honors the dignity and personality of people? How is sowing distrust, animosity, and fear between neighbors helpful and acceptable? Is this how unity and mutual support are built? ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

COVID-19 patient arrested after leaving fairgrounds quarantine, court records show

... According to an arrest affidavit, a 39-year-old man was taken to the Nashville Fairgrounds on Monday and placed under quarantine by the Metro Nashville Public Health Department because he tested positive for the coronavirus.

Health officials told the man he could not leave until he was cleared, but on Thursday he jumped a fence and headed north on Nolensville Road, the affidavit states.  He was stopped and arrested by Metro Nashville Parks police by a city cemetery nearly two miles from where he had been quarantined.

Metro Parks has charged the man with a single count of escape from a penal institution, a class A misdemeanor. The statute that defines this crime makes no mention of it being used to enforce quarantine orders. When asked about the legal authority to make this arrest, the Metro Health Department cited a different section of law that classifies violating quarantine as a class B misdemeanor, which is a less serious offense.

Brian Todd, spokesman for the Metro Health Department, said that law empowers police to arrest anyone who violates an infectious disease quarantine. The laws are not specific to residents of homeless shelters and could also be used to arrest someone who violates a Metro Health order to remain in quarantine at their home or a hospital.

The arrest highlights the difference between people merely advised to remain at home and those who are ordered into quarantine. Residents across Nashville have been instructed by the mayor to remain at home as much as possible, but those who venture outside don’t face arrest. However, residents who test positive for coronavirus can be ordered into quarantine, which police can enforce. ...

• Thank you (+1) 1